• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog

Thanks... Sucks if it's not updated anymore.

The last couple of times I tried to get price via phone they always pretty much said "Fuck you, you have to come in store" which really sucks. Considering that in my case it's for the PS4 version of MKX (non XL) I doubt it's worth the trip.

Use Google Hangouts and call a different EB Games in Canada.

ObscureMotives

Neo Member
Thanks... Sucks if it's not updated anymore.

The last couple of times I tried to get price via phone they always pretty much said "Fuck you, you have to come in store" which really sucks. Considering that in my case it's for the PS4 version of MKX (non XL) I doubt it's worth the trip.

EBGames is offering $17 for PS4 MKX, I happened to work nearby one and I wanted to check some trade in values anyways

MikeyMike

Any luck with Overwatch for PS4 on Amazon? Seems like I won't be receiving my copy this week...

Lesson learned. Never pre-order from Amazon if you want to play a certain game on Day 1.

Any luck with Overwatch for PS4 on Amazon? Seems like I won't be receiving my copy this week...

Lesson learned. Never pre-order from Amazon if you want to play a certain game on Day 1.

The delivery estimate went from Day 1 -> June 1 -> No estimate...

I just came back from eb games so I'll return my amazon copy when I'll get it.

Two retail SKUs (Origins and Collectors), and then of course the $40 USD version through Battle.net, which is just the game and none of the Origins exclusive skins, or other Battle.net games content.

All launch editions of Origins should have Widowmaker Noire included.

I believe the $40 USD PC version on Battle.net had it too, at least for pre-orders. I haven't actually checked to see if I got it, though.

Luigi87

I believe the $40 USD PC version on Battle.net had it too, at least for pre-orders. I haven't actually checked to see if I got it, though.

Yes, all digital pre-orders came with Noire Widowmaker.
I don't know if that skin is still available for digital orders for free redemption.

Yeah thats for sure, I had the origins edition pre ordered for PC with express shipping and its showing as Friday for delivery.

I love amazon for their prices but going with Best Buy this E3 might be very tempting for those must play titles.

theRizzle

THESE ARE UPLAY KEYS!! - Enjoy!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187123.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Far Cry 3 (uPlay) -- MB-FA3A328FBF6CDD43 - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 3 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Rayman Origins (uPlay) -- MB-A1B619DE4726A099 - Taken by kennah. 1 entrants total.

t1464127319z1.png

Canon

Banned
Rogers won't give me a single deal on Internet. Might have to call in June and fake cancel to get them to price their shit reasonably.

Oh, and Overwatch ain't shipping til May 26 from Amazon. Jokesters.

Luigi87

Got my copy over Overwatch today.

In spite of "Do Not Safe Drop" it was left in my door, lol

Alas no time to play. Had to work on a cosplay I'm doing some more
a few more days...
and now I gotta go to work >_<

Firestorm

TIP

Protip for anyone who pre-ordered Overwatch Origins Edition from BestBuy LONG AGO (like when they had it for 30% off).

Right now if you pre-ordered Overwatch from BestBuy you got metal plate as a bonus: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...ot-available-for-purchase-68129/10422587.aspx

If you call and state you pre-ordered it and didn't get a metal plate they'll ship you one in the mail. It's a kind of cool bonus, so why not?
I'll call. Live Chat didn't help me and I'm still pretty annoyed they didn't send me the early access code until half the early access period was over -.-

Edit: Canada Post shows Overwatch as delivered in Burnaby but I live in Vancouver. Nobody was home so it probably shouldn't have been delivered as it's Do Not Safe Drop anyway so this will be interesting?

Ventara

Pretty sure someone already posted this, but just in case

DEAL

Animal Crossing amiibo 3-Pack - $12.99 (normally $44.99) Link

If you price match at Best Buy, you can bring it down to under $10. I've resisted Amiibos (outside some that came with LEs), but for this price, it's tempting.

ohlawd

hmm $15 for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD new. good deal?
it's been $10 before. up to you if you wanna wait. I start buying stuff at the $15-20 point so I would have jumped in if I hadn't bought it already.

if you're looking for thoughts, I haven't even touched it yet. can't be that bad and looking at it from hours spent to finish, I can get $15 out of it

I was going to wait for a price drop to begin with.. But now.. I don't even know if I'll bother. And I'm a big Platinum and TMNT fan.

I didn't even realize it was a full priced release. For some reason I was under the impression this was going to be $40.

Yeah, I got scared off by the TMNT impressions. Maybe when it's $30 I'll pick it up.

Yeah the low consensus in the multiple tmnt threads seems most common. It was hard to tell at first. Some messages have devolved into console wars style arguments "platinum best dev ever look at w101 and starfox GOTY!" versus "everything plat does is awful!".

Game is a tough sell in a month with overwatch, uc4, doom.

Sora_N

If I bought Overwatch on PS4 but I want PC now, what are the chances BB will let me exchange it for the same price in store? Lol.

I haven't tried this before but I'm expecting super duper no.

hmm $15 for Final Fantasy Type-0 HD new. good deal?

Absolutely

I didn't know what to expect when I borrowed it from the library, and considered not even playing it because I figured I wouldn't like it much. However, I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's a solid and enjoyable game, and I had fun with it.

The story was a bit too crazy for me, so I skipped it all. I'd never done that before. But the gameplay was fun.

Tapejara

What is with the weird price discrepancy with the PS4 version of Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator?

Amazon has it for $64.99, Best Buy has it for $74.99 and PSN has it for $79.99.

Enilced2

So I may or may not have grabbed a collectors edition and a digital edition of Overwatch. I have a spare Origins code and Noire Skin up for grabs for my Canadian brothers who ever would like it.

I think that I am catching the Overwatch fever. However, I don't remember the last time I bought a game at full price...

Edit: Um... A sealed PS4 copy for 75$ near me on Kijiji.

Google

Any recommendations from you guys on TV installation/wall mounting in Surrey, BC?

Cheapest I've seen is around $100-150 not including the mount.

Enilced2

If it's still available and for PC, I'd love to take it :)

The origins goodies are just a code you redeem in your battle.net account so PC works. The Noire skin is a PS4 code so either Lone or Dream that is still up for grabs. Something I will PM you the code as soon as I am off of work.

Something

Banned
The origins goodies are just a code you redeem in your battle.net account so PC works. The Noire skin is a PS4 code so either Lone or Dream that is still up for grabs. Something I will PM you the code as soon as I am off of work.

Cheers! Thanks! Haha you've made my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom