• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Jest

TIP

Protip for anyone who pre-ordered Overwatch Origins Edition from BestBuy LONG AGO (like when they had it for 30% off).

Right now if you pre-ordered Overwatch from BestBuy you got metal plate as a bonus: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/.../10422587.aspx

If you call and state you pre-ordered it and didn't get a metal plate they'll ship you one in the mail. It's a kind of cool bonus, so why not?

Just tried this and they said to reorder the game to get the bonus. Like WAT? Fuck Outta Here with that. Gonna try again tomorrow.

Gxgear

Anyone preorder Valkyria Chronicles back in February from Amazon?
They had a 20% off preorders.
Just checked my bill and did not get a discount on Valkyria.
Contacted CS says it did not qualify.
Anyone else get this?

I got that particular game from Best Buy, which I don't normally do anymore, so it had to have been listed outside the promo period.

Anyone preorder Valkyria Chronicles back in February from Amazon?
They had a 20% off preorders.
Just checked my bill and did not get a discount on Valkyria.
Contacted CS says it did not qualify.
Anyone else get this?

Double-checked my credit card bill, my copy was $36.15 after tax, as expected.

superbad

Do any of you guys know how exactly the Edge Satisfaction Guarantee works for EBGames? Their T&C state

"6.4 Edge Cardholders also receive the benefit of an enhanced product returns program (“Satisfaction Returns Guarantee”). Red & Gold Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 3 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Platinum Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 7 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Onyx Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 10 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Items purchased using this store credit will be labelled as non-refundable and may only be exchanged towards the identical item."

Does this mean I can buy a new game, play it for 3 days and return it for full-value that goes towards another new game? This second new game then I obviously can't return to keep going forever, but would it work ONCE?

E.g. I bought Uncharted 4 on Monday, can I bring it in Today/tomorrow and turn it in for full-value store credit and buy Overwatch and just keep that game then?

Apologies if this goes against the "spirit" of the thread and is more RFD than anything but I'm curious. It doesn't say anywhere that this is only valid for "used" games like the internet says about gamestop and i do have an edge card.

Just tell them that you want to return it under the satisfaction guarantee. You're allowed to do it once per purchase.

In my experience, they have never marked the credit purchase as final sale, though I've never tried to return the second item.

SickBoy

Just tell them that you want to return it under the satisfaction guarantee. You're allowed to do it once per purchase.

In my experience, they have never marked the credit purchase as final sale, though I've never tried to return the second item.

Yeah, I think their system tracks form of payment on a purchase, so I'm sure if they want to enforce it they can... but that line might just be there to prevent abuse.

I've only used the guarantee once, when I foolishly bought Thief (my PS4 demanded a new game). That credit got shuffled around between two preorders and then I cancelled the last order and used it on other stuff in store... I have no idea whether it was recognizable as "guarantee" credit in the end.

I think it's a great system. If I wasn't ordering almost everything I wanted at E3, I might take advantage of it more... maybe for Overwatch once I clear out Uncharted.... I should be able to make my mind up in 7 days.

kevin1025

Banned
This is likely a super dated question, but does EB Games sell Steam wallet in CDN? Last time I bought one there a couple of years back they were upcharging $20 cards a couple of bucks, so I was wondering if they switched to Canadian currency wallet cards yet!

This is likely a super dated question, but does EB Games sell Steam wallet in CDN? Last time I bought one there a couple of years back they were upcharging $20 cards a couple of bucks, so I was wondering if they switched to Canadian currency wallet cards yet!

the do sell in cdn now

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My Overwatch shipped from Amazon via AMZCA this morning. Didn't know Amazon was doing direct deliveries in the GTA.

Looking at their help page, it says delivery requires someone to be present. So they can't just shove this game case in my mailbox or what? That would suck, since if I'm not home, it's seemingly much more of a hassle with Amazon than with any other carriers who drop their items for pickup at a local Shoppers or something.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Just tried this and they said to reorder the game to get the bonus. Like WAT? Fuck Outta Here with that. Gonna try again tomorrow.
That's what they've always told me, so now I just re order the game before release and have them price match the discount.

Overwatch shipped from amazon.ca. Still waitingfor confirmation on what sku they have (anyone?). Got the weekend off so ideally, I pick this up locally and get to play it on the weekend.

killroy87

Man, all these reports and rumors of PSVR running like shit on regular PS4s is making me want to cancel my preorder and just go all in on a Vive. Everything about this "iterative console" future is rally rubbing me the wrong way.

Man, all these reports and rumors of PSVR running like shit on regular PS4s is making me want to cancel my preorder and just go all in on a Vive. Everything about this "iterative console" future is rally rubbing me the wrong way.

Agreed.
All it looks like so far is minor graphical upgrades. (30fps v 60fps). I'll probably wait for xbox 2, and then ps5, 2018, sounds more substantive, and at least then i can say got nearly 4 years out of the originals.

Anyone got a link to the upcoming best buy flyer?

There is the one rumour that has been proven false/ based on outdated information, don't panic.

BadWolf

Those rumors sound like bullshit.

Canon

Banned
Speaking of overwatch...

I ordered the EN copy but amazon shipped me the FR copy so we'll see...

Is there even a 100% french copy?
As far as I know there is a pure English and a bilingual version.

Y'all need to post your bar codes so I can confirm what Amazon shipped.

univbee

Speaking of overwatch...

IIRC it's legally required if a 100% English copy exists, but then packaging law and how stores apply it has always been kind of random. Best Buy loves to refuse to ship collector's editions to Quebec addresses because they'll totally get fined and go to jail if they do, meanwhile walk into a BB anywhere in the province and they'll have the CE's for local sale.

The order of Overwatch: Origins Edition that I forgot to cancel from amazon.com arrived today. Hopefully I can return it without incurring too big of a return shipping price.

In case anyone wanted to know, there's no french on it. It's all English.

Bar-code number 47875 72984

The order of Overwatch: Origins Edition that I forgot to cancel from amazon.com arrived today. Hopefully I can return it without incurring too big of a return shipping price.

How come you ordered from amazon.com?

Speaking of overwatch...

Wait. How do you know they shipped you the FR copy? Did you receive you game already?

It wouldn't have French on it coming from .com. Maybe Spanish? Returning it shouldn't be a problem. Just contact their chat and tell them it arrived late so you picked it up locally. They'll set up a free return for you.

^ This.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Has there even been a single instance of a game being ONLY in french since games have been on blu-rays?

Canon

Banned
I believe it was just english, I can grab you that information and the UPC once I get home.
All front covers are in English but the back has French above the English, making it bilingual. The bar code is different than English only copies which would prevent us from returning it.

I posted my bar code last page; and someone else's was different

univbee

ActiBlizzard and Bethesda games have/had 2 separate versions

The game discs themselves are almost always multi-lingual, though, only the packaging is different. On PS3 there was MW2 and MW3 which were language-specific, and 360 had a handful due to DVD size limitations. I think that's it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Do any of you guys know how exactly the Edge Satisfaction Guarantee works for EBGames? Their T&C state

"6.4 Edge Cardholders also receive the benefit of an enhanced product returns program (“Satisfaction Returns Guarantee”). Red & Gold Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 3 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Platinum Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 7 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Onyx Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 10 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Items purchased using this store credit will be labelled as non-refundable and may only be exchanged towards the identical item."

Does this mean I can buy a new game, play it for 3 days and return it for full-value that goes towards another new game? This second new game then I obviously can't return to keep going forever, but would it work ONCE?

E.g. I bought Uncharted 4 on Monday, can I bring it in Today/tomorrow and turn it in for full-value store credit and buy Overwatch and just keep that game then?

Apologies if this goes against the "spirit" of the thread and is more RFD than anything but I'm curious. It doesn't say anywhere that this is only valid for "used" games like the internet says about gamestop and i do have an edge card.

Based on the post in this reddit thread, I'm pretty sure you should be able to do that with no problems. https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2wddz0/question_about_eb_games_satisfaction_guarantee/

Yeah just say you want to return it. As long as you don't abuse it, it's not a one time deal. I've even had employee's do it because it was within a day or 2 of the limit, even when I didn't ask.

For the record, this worked no questions asked! I just said I wanted to return it, guy asked if I wanted store credit or a different game and I just picked up overwatch and was out in 5 minutes.

All front covers are in English but the back has French above the English, making it bilingual. The bar code is different than English only copies which would prevent us from returning it.

I posted my bar code last page; and someone else's was different

Just checked my Amazon copy and there is no french on the box anywhere.

UPC: 0 47875 72984 1

Anony

is anyone interested in taking my GG Xrd Revelator amazon preorder?
it's 65$ - 30% plus 14% taxes.
I believe i can change the shipping location since it hasn't shipped yet. Not sure how far I can change the address too though, i'm guessing it's probably fine if it's in the same province (ontario) (due to taxes?).

Because I wanted the beta key and I forgot to cancel the order once I got the key. :\

It wouldn't have French on it coming from .com. Maybe Spanish?

Well, yeah. it wouldn't have french. lol

My statement was in regards to whether there were English-only boxes of the game, instead of bilingual, which I think was asked earlier.

Returning it shouldn't be a problem. Just contact their chat and tell them it arrived late so you picked it up locally. They'll set up a free return for you.

I contacted CS, and they sent a return slip, but I have to pay for shipping it looks like. Is that because I'm in Canada, or would they pay for the return shipping even if I were outside the US?

How much was it? Might be easier to just sell the key.

after shipping and import fees, it came to 62.54USD. If anyone here really wants an english-only boxed copy of the game and if they live in the GTA, they're more than welcome to pick it up from me for what I paid. Pretty sure though that no one here would want it though.

It is for the PC and I should point out that they did ship the game in a bubble mailer, so it is a little dinged up.

Sealtest

They got it right eventually didn't they? Or was that when they whacked it down to 20%?

I don't think they fixed it at all during E3,months later they eventually gave us 20/30% off deals but I only remember them having the codes during the E3 promotion.

Unless they did an extended 20% off e3 promo. I remember amazon having one so maybe best buy also did one.

Firestorm

after shipping and import fees, it came to 62.54USD. If anyone here really wants an english-only boxed copy of the game and if they live in the GTA, they're more than welcome to pick it up from me for what I paid. Pretty sure though that no one here would want it though.

It is for the PC and I should point out that they did ship the game in a bubble mailer, so it is a little dinged up.
$62.54 USD is just $2.55 more than buying it off Blizzard site. Since it's just really the keys, you can try selling it for like $55 USD in BST or something and send them the codes in exchange for PayPal. It's like you paid $7 for the beta.
They got it right eventually didn't they? Or was that when they whacked it down to 20%?
They got it right during Black Friday. Maybe they lost enough business to Amazon last year they'll do 30% again?

Stage On

Even if they get the discount right the current team at Best buy is so slow at actually listing new stuff that I'm not sure they'll be able to get new games up in time.

I really want to get Atelier sophie but the prospect of paying full price at $70 before tax is a pretty bitter pill to swallow thanks to the fact they didn't bother to get it up in a timely fashion and it missed the last preorder 2 get 20% off sale they did during easter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom