• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Do any of you guys know how exactly the Edge Satisfaction Guarantee works for EBGames? Their T&C state

"6.4 Edge Cardholders also receive the benefit of an enhanced product returns program (“Satisfaction Returns Guarantee”). Red & Gold Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 3 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Platinum Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 7 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Onyx Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 10 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Items purchased using this store credit will be labelled as non-refundable and may only be exchanged towards the identical item."

Does this mean I can buy a new game, play it for 3 days and return it for full-value that goes towards another new game? This second new game then I obviously can't return to keep going forever, but would it work ONCE?

E.g. I bought Uncharted 4 on Monday, can I bring it in Today/tomorrow and turn it in for full-value store credit and buy Overwatch and just keep that game then?

Apologies if this goes against the "spirit" of the thread and is more RFD than anything but I'm curious. It doesn't say anywhere that this is only valid for "used" games like the internet says about gamestop and i do have an edge card.

Canon

Banned
Important question: I was impatient and bought Overwatch from Best Buy in-store -- however, the game box is in french and english, with the french on top of the english. Is this the same for every copy of the game, or am I fucked if I try to return the Amazon copy to Best Buy? Is the bilingual bullshit a different SKU?

Important question: I was impatient and bought Overwatch from Best Buy in-store -- however, the game box is in french and english, with the french on top of the english. Is this the same for every copy of the game, or am I fucked if I try to return the Amazon copy to Best Buy? Is the bilingual bullshit a different SKU?

Interested in knowing this as well. Amazon's not shipping mine until Friday. I'd like to pick it up at Walmart in the mean time.

Johnnyabatti

Neo Member
Is there some sort of website out there that tracks sales/price-cuts for monitors (or maybe any computer hardware)?

I'll be upgrading my PC once the new GTX cards start rolling out later this year, and I would like to buy a new monitor (either 1440p or 4k, haven't decided yet). But since these things are quite expensive and I don't need it right away I want to wait for a sale to roll around, but I cant keep checking amazon/ncix/newegg/etc every day looking for good prices.

Firestorm

My copy shipped from BestBuy.ca is only in English. Barcode: 0 47875 72984 1

Canon

Banned
Interested in knowing this as well. Amazon's not shipping mine until Friday. I'd like to pick it up at Walmart in the mean time.
Bar code for mine is:
0 47875 87761 0

Someone should post their bar code to compare.

EDIT: Well fuck, they are different. I guess I have to fuckin' wait for it and return this. When I went to Best Buy, they had this shit in a locked window so I couldn't even tell what they were getting me.

-Deimos

Is there some sort of website out there that tracks sales/price-cuts for monitors (or maybe any computer hardware)?

I'll be upgrading my PC once the new GTX cards start rolling out later this year, and I would like to buy a new monitor (either 1440p or 4k, haven't decided yet). But since these things are quite expensive and I don't need it right away I want to wait for a sale to roll around, but I cant keep checking amazon/ncix/newegg/etc every day looking for good prices.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/

You can check the Price Drops page or set up email alerts to get them automatically.

Anyone know Play Asia's policy on packages lost in shipping?

DOAX3 by chance? I had to file a dispute with Paypal to get my money back. Playasia tried to get me to drop my dispute, claiming they couldn't refund me until I did. Thankfully I'm not a clueless consumer who has no clue how Paypal works.

Never did get my games.

DOAX3 by chance? I had to file a dispute with Paypal to get my money back. Playasia tried to get me to drop my dispute, claiming they couldn't refund me until I did. Thankfully I'm not a clueless consumer who has no clue how Paypal works.

Never did get my games.

Ori and the blind forest. Amazon won't ship to Canada so I got it thru Gamestop, but turns out its gonna be cheaper for shipping if I get it thru Play-Asia. But I don't mind paying a little extra for some security and peace of mind if Play-Asia's policies are crap.

Ori and the blind forest. Amazon won't ship to Canada so I got it thru Gamestop, but turns out its gonna be cheaper for shipping if I get it thru Play-Asia. But I don't mind paying a little extra for some security and peace of mind if Play-Asia's policies are crap.

Well here's them trying to get me to close my dispute in order to get my refund...

"We understand your situation. However, please be informed that we cannot
issue a refund as long as the dispute is still open. In this case, we
suggest you to close it once you haven't received the package within next
week for us to issue your refund."

If you pay through Paypal then there's little concern of losing your money should it get lost. The only question is, are you ok if it gets lost in the mail and you end up having to re-buy it again somewhere else.

Do any of you guys know how exactly the Edge Satisfaction Guarantee works for EBGames? Their T&C state

"6.4 Edge Cardholders also receive the benefit of an enhanced product returns program (“Satisfaction Returns Guarantee”). Red & Gold Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 3 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Platinum Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 7 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Onyx Cardholders are entitled to return any closed or open-packaged product within 10 days of purchase, in exchange for a store credit of original purchase value. Items purchased using this store credit will be labelled as non-refundable and may only be exchanged towards the identical item."

Does this mean I can buy a new game, play it for 3 days and return it for full-value that goes towards another new game? This second new game then I obviously can't return to keep going forever, but would it work ONCE?

E.g. I bought Uncharted 4 on Monday, can I bring it in Today/tomorrow and turn it in for full-value store credit and buy Overwatch and just keep that game then?

Apologies if this goes against the "spirit" of the thread and is more RFD than anything but I'm curious. It doesn't say anywhere that this is only valid for "used" games like the internet says about gamestop and i do have an edge card.

Yeah just say you want to return it. As long as you don't abuse it, it's not a one time deal. I've even had employee's do it because it was within a day or 2 of the limit, even when I didn't ask.

Kiro

Overwatch is in my top 10 goat just from the beta. If this doesn't ship this week, hell will be risen. I'm not complaining because my savings on this game are 70 percent, but I need to inject some McCree into my veins.

Well here's them trying to get me to close my dispute in order to get my refund...

"We understand your situation. However, please be informed that we cannot
issue a refund as long as the dispute is still open. In this case, we
suggest you to close it once you haven't received the package within next
week for us to issue your refund."

If you pay through Paypal then there's little concern of losing your money should it get lost. The only question is, are you ok if it gets lost in the mail and you end up having to re-buy it again somewhere else.

I emailed them asking their policy on the issue and they said once the package is confirmed as lost the customer will be provided a full refund or reshipment. My question is how do they confirm a package is lost, I found a thread of people complaining about waiting weeks for lost packages and Play-Asia's response was they'd open an investigation that could take 2 months...A developer on here said Ori's release is gonna be limited so if it gets lost I'm probably never getting a replacement copy and since I'm not paying thru Paypal I think I'm just gonna keep my Gamestop pre-order. I tend to over worry about these little things so I'm just gonna pay more for peace of mind.

Bar code for mine is:
0 47875 87761 0

Someone should post their bar code to compare.

EDIT: Well fuck, they are different. I guess I have to fuckin' wait for it and return this. When I went to Best Buy, they had this shit in a locked window so I couldn't even tell what they were getting me.

FUCK...

I already opened my bilingual copy that I bought at eb games.

My amazon copy with no shipping estimate will probably be 100% english...

I may end up returning my eb copy within the next 7 days and get a credit "refund" :-(

Overwatch is in my top 10 goat just from the beta. If this doesn't ship this week, hell will be risen. I'm not complaining because my savings on this game are 70 percent, but I need to inject some McCree into my veins.

I regret not pre-ordering Overwatch last year. With how easy it is to cancel Amazon orders, it should've been a no-brainer.

FUCK...

I already opened my bilingual copy that I bought at eb games.

My amazon copy with no shipping estimate will probably be 100% english...

I may end up returning my eb copy within the next 7 days and get a credit "refund" :-(

Has that been confirmed (amazon's version). Surely someone on here has received their copy from Amazon by now. Never thought to check what version Walmart has.

Megasoum

Banned
EBGames is offering $17 for PS4 MKX, I happened to work nearby one and I wanted to check some trade in values anyways

Went to EB tonight and got my 17$. Bought a 20$ Steam Card with it. Good stuff

On a side note, going to EB Games still ranks amongst one of the worst consumer experience possible.

Holy shit I wanted to punch most of the staff AND the other customers. Like 6 guys on staff but none of them actually working the cash register. All fucking around in the store and giving bad advices to moms who clearly don't know the industry.

Then I was in line between two guys wearing utili-kilts and another who had holster bags? The fuck...

Anyway... I got my money and now I don' t have to go back in there for at least a couple of months.

How do people keep having horrible experiences at EB? I have had one bad experience in about 20 years.

I go in, buy stuff, and walk out without much issue.

Went to EB tonight and got my 17$. Bought a 20$ Steam Card with it. Good stuff

On a side note, going to EB Games still ranks amongst one of the worst consumer experience possible.

Holy shit I wanted to punch most of the staff AND the other customers. Like 6 guys on staff but none of them actually working the cash register. All fucking around in the store and giving bad advices to moms who clearly don't know the industry.

Then I was in line between two guys wearing utili-kilts and another who had holster bags? The fuck...

Anyway... I got my money and now I don' t have to go back in there for at least a couple of months.

The stores I've visited have been nothing like this and almost always great.

RS4-

How do people keep having horrible experiences at EB? I have had one bad experience in about 20 years.

I go in, buy stuff, and walk out without much issue.

I don't think I've had one bad one. They ask warranty once (if at all) and that's it. No hassle no pressure.

More hassle at BB and FS since they have no idea how to do trades.

Ventara

Call them and make sure you have free time handy. It's not very hard, but can take quite a bit of time sometimes.

Do you have to go through each order individually? I've got to update mine, too.

Also, does anyone have that link for futureshop orders handy? Got to update that, too, for FE WiiU.

Yasumi

Banned
Spotted Codename S.T.E.A.M at EB Games for $4.99. Almost grabbed it, but then I remembered it needs the eshop patch to run at a respectable speed, and I don't feel like messing with my cfw.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Spotted Codename S.T.E.A.M at EB Games for $4.99. Almost grabbed it, but then I remembered it needs the eshop patch to run at a respectable speed, and I don't feel like messing with my cfw.

You can be on the latest version with cfw, it's not a hard thing

Daigr

Anyone preorder Valkyria Chronicles back in February from Amazon?
They had a 20% off preorders.
Just checked my bill and did not get a discount on Valkyria.
Contacted CS says it did not qualify.
Anyone else get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom