• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadHand

Oh man.

Just got done updating a metric shit ton of best buy and futureshop orders from days of yore as my previous credit card was cancelled due to fraudulent activity.

Somebody charged $900 to my card for a garage door... what a thing to steal.

I have no idea how it happened as i'm very cautious with my CC and this is the first time this has happened to me. Probably a card skimmer.

$62.54 USD is just $2.55 more than buying it off Blizzard site. Since it's just really the keys, you can try selling it for like $55 USD in BST or something and send them the codes in exchange for PayPal. It's like you paid $7 for the beta.

huh. that's a pretty good idea. I won't lie though, I've never used the BST thread before, so Im a little worried about what could happen. I'll have to ponder this. thanks for the suggestion

Firestorm

If you aren't looking to wait for a revision the current Microsoft Store promo for an Xbox One is pretty good. You get $40 to $75 depending on your gamerscore. Stacks with the $50 + 2 free games (Just Dance and Call of Duty are highest value I think) promo running along with the included games in the bundles.

From RFD:
GS 0 - 9999 - $40
GS 10,000 - 14,999 - $55
GS 15,000 - 24,999 - $65
GS 25,000 - $75

http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/gamerscore

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know of any mouse/keyboard discounts going on? I think I need something more comfortable to play Overwatch.

Windam

Scaley member
My Overwatch shipped from Amazon via AMZCA this morning. Didn't know Amazon was doing direct deliveries in the GTA.

Looking at their help page, it says delivery requires someone to be present. So they can't just shove this game case in my mailbox or what? That would suck, since if I'm not home, it's seemingly much more of a hassle with Amazon than with any other carriers who drop their items for pickup at a local Shoppers or something.

They delivered to me once. Nobody was home, and they just left my package in front of my door.

Now up for pre-orders!

GSC10779.jpg

Both bigbadtoystore and direct from Good Smile Company. The price is cheaper direct from Good Smile Company and there's free shipping also.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GSC10779&mode=retail

http://goodsmileshop.com/en/CATEGORY-ROOT/Scale-Figure/Link/p/GSC_WHS_WD_00007

It's yen, also, that other link says 160.99 (I assume USD)

Yeah BigBadToyStore is a US retailer. They're awesome. But things cost more there. But they're they only retailer that I've ever come a cross that actually allows people to pay a couple bucks more to get a "Collector Grade" piece. A MIMB collectors dream.

Sora_N

If you do not care about the origins edition (extra skins, extra cosmetic stuff in other Blizzard game), it is only 40$ USD on Battle.Net store (about 53$ cad).

Tbh i just got that because the console one costs too much to me.

Didn't have time to play yet.

Well, my 670 just fucking died. It couldn't wait just a month longer for the new cards.

Dang. Well at least it was now and not a few months ago when you would feel torn about waiting for the new stuff or getting a full priced 900 series card.

You could probably get a used 980 ti pretty damn cheap in the next week or two?

i-Jest

I just hope they put Persona 5 up during E3. I want a PS4 version of Persona 5 for a discount.

I think Amazon will be the ones to do it first, followed by Bestbuy, assuming they put it up in time. When P5 (PS3) when up the first time, it was at the tail end of the promo. They put it up so close to the end, a good number of us were caught off guard and weren't able to order it extremely cheap.

kevin1025

Banned
Are EB Games and Best Buy fairly close in their trade-in prices or is Best Buy better? Looking at the estimator on Best Buy, they have pretty decent trade-in values (at least for the games I'm looking to trade)!

Are milkshakes at McDonald's really four fucking dollars? I went there last night, expecting to hear that they were $1-$2, especially due to Summer Drink Days, but I'm sure she told me $4 over the intercom. I had just brought a couple of dollars worth of change with me when I drove down the road to get the mail and decided to go there, so I said no thanks and went to Harvey's where I got one for $2.10.

Four dollars for a milkshake at a fast food joint can't be right, can it? I checked their site and don't even see shakes listed.

krae_man

I hope Kirby Whatever the Mech game is called gets accidentally included in E3 deals.

Are milkshakes at McDonald's really four fucking dollars? I went there last night, expecting to hear that they were $1-$2, especially due to Summer Drink Days, but I'm sure she told me $4 over the intercom. I had just brought a couple of dollars worth of change with me when I drove down the road to get the mail and decided to go there, so I said no thanks and went to Harvey's where I got one for $2.10.

Four dollars for a milkshake at a fast food joint can't be right, can it? I checked their site and don't even see shakes listed.

That's normal yeah depending on milk fat %. A lot of the Dollar drink days stuff is for insanely tiny sizes.

I'm pretty sure a large is like 4 bucks, it's weird but what can you do. Shoulda just got a $1 medium iced coffee

Are EB Games and Best Buy fairly close in their trade-in prices or is Best Buy better? Looking at the estimator on Best Buy, they have pretty decent trade-in values (at least for the games I'm looking to trade)!

I feel like Best Buy is just really slow to drop trade-in values, I've found they'll give $35 for games for a long time but they don't really have many bonuses or good trade in promotions so once the trade values do drop because the game is around a year old it's better to go to EB.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Y'all need to get on that Nutribullet life. I make smoothies and shakes at home everyday. Throw in some milk and yogurt, banana, mixed berries or any other fruit, and almonds or any other nuts/seeds. Toss a scoop of protein powder and grind in some oatmeal to make the perfect preworkout.

Its fresh, delicious, cheap and so much healthier compared to buying from stores where they load it with sugar and God knows what other chemicals.

That's normal yeah depending on milk fat %. A lot of the Dollar drink days stuff is for insanely tiny sizes.

I'm pretty sure a large is like 4 bucks, it's weird but what can you do. Shoulda just got a $1 medium iced coffee

I never really go to McDonald's -- or anywhere -- for drinks, outside of Tim Horton's for the odd hot chocolate. I go through waves where I get Timmy's all the time, or where I don't bother for a long while.

A former teacher posted on Facebook about how he had gone to get a milkshake at McDonald's (he posts a ton), and that made me kind of want one. I wanted to go check the mail, didn't feel like walking a mile and decided I'd make driving worthwhile by going the extra couple of minutes to McDonald's. It's been years since I've gotten a shake from there.

I didn't bring my wallet, and my Grandfather had given me some change before he left for fishing (he couldn't find a $20 in his wallet he said. Not sure why he was giving me money. Maybe just for the Hell of it, or because I helped him with his bees the other night). I only grabbed part of it, just enough for something $2 and tax.

Or the strawberry banana smoothie

Sounds good.

I've liked the smoothies I've had, but whenever I think about how there's yogurt in them it turns my stomach. Yogurt is disgusting.

A large shake from McDonalds is literally like 1200 calories. Stay the hell away from those

I'm already fat and survive on energy drinks and pop these days. I'm depressed and hoping for a heart attack so I can hopefully see my Mom again.

RS4-

Sounds good.

I've liked the smoothies I've had, but whenever I think about how there's yogurt in them it turns my stomach. Yogurt is disgusting.

You can get it without yogurt. I forgot what other flavors they have. The fruit smoothies are $2, the lemonade is a buck. I think there's some iced capp type thing, forgot to try it out.

Where do you get milkshakes that AREN'T $4? But also, no, milkshakes are not eligible for the McDonalds dollar drink days. Any size pop and small/medium iced coffees are the only drinks you can get for $1.

Ventara

I remember I used to get Reid's Dairy for $1. Though that was years ago. Don't know if they're still around, as the one I went to closed years back. They also had great blizzards.

daftstar

Cheapest place to get Overwatch on PS4? And does anyone know what the trade-in value for Black Ops 3 is now?

Thinking of trading that in + Destiny and AC Unity for Overwatch at EB Games. But if I gotta pay another $40-50 on top of that, fuck it.

killroy87

Cheapest place to get Overwatch on PS4? And does anyone know what the trade-in value for Black Ops 3 is now?

Thinking of trading that in + Destiny and AC Unity for Overwatch at EB Games. But if I gotta pay another $40-50 on top of that, fuck it.

Those games will probably get you $5 a piece, max. Destiny has been $19 multiple times, and Unity has been even lower (they eve gave Unity away with Syndicate when that first came out.)

You can get it without yogurt. I forgot what other flavors they have. The fruit smoothies are $2, the lemonade is a buck. I think there's some iced capp type thing, forgot to try it out.

I thought about the lemonade, but figured I'd try Harvey's. Good to know you can get the smoothie without yogurt, though.

Where do you get milkshakes that AREN'T $4? But also, no, milkshakes are not eligible for the McDonalds dollar drink days. Any size pop and small/medium iced coffees are the only drinks you can get for $1.

Harvey's

I remember I used to get Reid's Dairy for $1. Though that was years ago. Don't know if they're still around, as the one I went to closed years back. They also had great blizzards.

I used to go to Reid's Dairy a lot. They had $1 and $2 shakes that were amazing. I think something else (another dairy?) took over our Reid's.

I miss that place.

I think Harvey's has $2 milkshakes, or they might be shakes. Can't be certain at the moment.

Yep. Two dollar milkshakes. Got one last night, and it was really good.

First milkshake I'd had in quite some time. It came to $2.10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom