• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftstar

It's odd that they gave you a hard time for the French packaging. I bought the French version on Black Friday and traded it in at my local EB Games and they didn't even bat an eye, just scanned it and continued on.

Yea I wasn't expecting that either. The rep was training a new employee on how to deal with trade-ins however, so maybe he was being extra careful or something.

So I received my copy of Overwatch in from Amazon.ca today. Turns out they sent me the bi-lingual cover. Could have picked the game up at walmart last Friday afterall. Missed opportunity.

The copy I picked from Best Buy in store has a bilingual cover too.. strange.

kingwingin

So I received my copy of Overwatch in from Amazon.ca today. Turns out they sent me the bi-lingual cover. Could have picked the game up at walmart last Friday afterall. Missed opportunity.
have people been denied returns at walmart because of this? I did it with black ops 3 on boxing day and had no issues returning an all english copy from amazon. recoept didnt match the barcode on the case either

Firestorm

Sorry, I'm late to this conversation; what's all the hoopla about bilingual Overwatch covers? What's the problem?
Not much. People wanted to do the switch trick with grabbing a copy in store and returning the copy shipped to them because they were coming in late (after the weekend) but Overwatch has two SKUs -- one fully English packaging and the other is bilingual.

killroy87

Not much. People wanted to do the switch trick with grabbing a copy in store and returning the copy shipped to them because they were coming in late (after the weekend) but Overwatch has two SKUs -- one fully English packaging and the other is bilingual.
Ahhh I gotcha

Sora_N

have people been denied returns at walmart because of this? I did it with black ops 3 on boxing day and had no issues returning an all english copy from amazon. recoept didnt match the barcode on the case either

Seems more like you were lucky. Usually the WM person matches the barcode

kingwingin

Seems more like you were lucky. Usually the WM person matches the barcode
but im sure those overwatches would have scanned. Plus If the store says no just ask to speak to home office and they will buckle at the knees.

i worked there for years and have seen tons of return fraud. Phonebooks in console boxes. Bbq's we didnt carry. Food that was completely eaten, just returned an empty box

Even used underwear when there is a "no returns on used underwear" sign on the wall.

"Satisfaction guaranteed"

I got a game as a gift but don't want it. Nobody wants it on Kijiji. Walmart came to mind but I don't want to be fraudulent and someone tokd me they won't do that anymore.

kingwingin

I got a game as a gift but don't want it. Nobody wants it on Kijiji. Walmart came to mind but I don't want to be fraudulent and someone tokd me they won't do that anymore.
they will take it back. Just say you lost the reciept and payed cash. You will get a giftcard for whatever amount it scans at

Anth0ny

just realized it's that time of year where I actually pre order a bunch of games

assuming the e3 deals still happen

besides pokemon I don't think there's anything I need to pre-order, though. it would be nice if they show off RE2make in some way and put that up for pre-order.

they will take it back. Just say you lost the reciept and payed cash. You will get a giftcard for whatever amount it scans at

Someone told me they stopped doing that for anything above $40. I also feel bad even thinking about trying it.

What game?

The Division. I received it as a gift, but read that it's buggy and not for solo gamers.

I want to see OCDChewie's Kijiji ads.

Haha. Why's that?

"Will accept controllers as payment"

Hahaha.

No, sir. I don't want anyone else's used/dirty controllers.

vulva

Someone told me they stopped doing that for anything above $40. I also feel bad even thinking about trying it.

The Division. I received it as a gift, but read that it's buggy and not for solo gamers.

Haha. Why's that?

Hahaha.

No, sir. I don't want anyone else's used/dirty controllers.
You got it as a gift, the least you could do is try it out. Someone spent their hard earned money on it and it's of no loss to you to try it.

Firestorm

$59.99 - 30% = $42

Even with the E3 discount Pokémon Sun is going to cost me more than buying the games at full price would have ._. Please let those be at $49.99 by E3... Aside from that I think it's only whatever is announced that I'll need to pre-order.

Edit: Ooh also Detroit: Become Human.

big_z

some stores now have unique bar codes so he needs to scan the game into a self scanner first to check. also keep in mind if the code isn't in the system the scanner will lock up and emit a high pitched error sound until an employee resets the machine

Tapejara

I just need Amazon to put up the missing NISA titles (Touhou Genso Rondo and Yomawari) and I'll be set. I've basically got everything I need pre-ordered already.

Oh yeah, and hopefully the Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition is eligible.

Omlagus

Got this in my email this morning
yTelMaa.png

Kinda makes it sound to me like codes again, but that's just a guess. Hope not as that seemed more trouble than it was worth. Although as long as they do 30% off and not 20% like last year, I can deal with it.

Guess we will see on the 10th.

Eb will give you $39 (plus not paying tax on that amount) if used towards preorder/purchase of recent title. Or at least that's what they gave on Saturday.

Got this in my email this morning
yTelMaa.png

Kinda makes it sound to me like codes again, but that's just a guess. Hope not as that seemed more trouble than it was worth. Although as long as they do 30% off and not 20% like last year, I can deal with it.

Guess we will see on the 10th.

Hopefully well get 30% from both Amazon and BestBuy this year. Seems like there are always a couple games that only go up on one site or the other during this promo; it'd be nice to have everything covered.

Hopefully well get 30% from both Amazon and BestBuy this year. Seems like there are always a couple games that only go up on one site or the other during this promo; it'd be nice to have everything covered.

With amazon, if I have an active prime account when I place E3 orders and say decide to cancel it later....does the shipping speed revert to being slow?

Kyolux

I'm hoping my list isn't too big this year. I'll be broke this Fall. PS VR plus medical expenses won't be half-covered by my insurances in 2-3 months.

edit: off-topic.. I got an exam/interview for a position that's slightly better than what I have right now this afternoon.. stress is killing me. bleh.. why am I so scared of changes, so much that I just want to not go.

So have an extra ticket reserved for E3 Experience in Calgary, thought I could decide who uses it later but it needs info right away, if anyone is interested please PM me your name and phone number!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom