• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovii

So have an extra ticket reserved for E3 Experience in Calgary, thought I could decide who uses it later but it needs info right away, if anyone is interested please PM me your name and phone number!

PM'd.

I tried getting tickets at exactly 11am and I kept getting bad requests and errors, and now it's sold out. I passed the attendee info page and it error'd out past that.

ovii

I'm hoping my list isn't too big this year. I'll be broke this Fall. PS VR plus medical expenses won't be half-covered by my insurances in 2-3 months.

edit: off-topic.. I got an exam/interview for a position that's slightly better than what I have right now this afternoon.. stress is killing me. bleh.. why am I so scared of changes, so much that I just want to not go.

What's the position you are applying for? What's the worst that could happen? They say no? At least you will get the interview experience. I've sent exactly 52 resumes since March, and I did not even get one call back. It's honestly a bummer.

ovii

Try again for tickets guys! I waited 30 mins for the reservations to drop, and i was able to get tickets easy. Took like 10 seconds to load too!

L3E2

So have an extra ticket reserved for E3 Experience in Calgary, thought I could decide who uses it later but it needs info right away, if anyone is interested please PM me your name and phone number!

I reserved two tickets using the same name but used different phone numbers and emails. Do you think they'll be nitpicky about that? Lol

Did that because none of my friends would give me a solid answer as to whether they'd actually wanna come or not. I think the thought of them going to a theatre to watch a press conference seems a bit ridiculous, but free swag might do some convincing.

If none of them are interested, I would be more than happy to give one of those tickets to a fellow gaffer. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll try to get back to you asap.

Oh Calgary btw

I reserved two tickets using the same name but used different phone numbers and emails. Do you think they'll be nitpicky about that? Lol

Did that because none of my friends would give me a solid answer as to whether they'd actually wanna come or not. I think the thought of them going to a theatre to watch a press conference seems a bit ridiculous, but free swag might do some convincing.

If none of them are interested, I would be more than happy to give one of those tickets to a fellow gaffer. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll try to get back to you asap.

Oh Calgary btw

haha Oh Calgary!
I got mine when the first wave of reservations got cancelled, and I don't think they will give you a hard time if you have at least one of the names right!

Edit: Sorry for double posting like an idiot :(

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even register for PS Experience because the website keeps telling me that my ZIP is invalid. 😡

Someone told me they stopped doing that for anything above $40. I also feel bad even thinking about trying it.

The Division. I received it as a gift, but read that it's buggy and not for solo gamers.

Disagree with that characterization. Excellent game.

I play solo and most times some randoms will join my mission. No bugs ive noticed on xbox one, aside from minor matchmaking issues. The loot system is not "the game of menu management", its actually super quick and efficient.

I really enjoyed it for 25+ hours which is unusual for me, as i normally get bored at the 10 hour mark.

Enjoyed the division, doom (ps4), forza 6, ori, halo 5, ratchet. Havent cared much for anything else this year.

Really really had a ton of fun with it.

I'm more surprised that I was able to get PS Experience tickets for Toronto pretty easily and smoothly at 1PM on my phone. I even got my confirmation email in a timely fashion. Last year and the year before were a struggle with the website shitting itself, and the emails just not showing up for 24+ hours.

I'm more surprised that I was able to get PS Experience tickets for Toronto pretty easily and smoothly at 1PM on my phone. I even got my confirmation email in a timely fashion. Last year and the year before were a struggle with the website shitting itself, and the emails just not showing up for 24+ hours.

I got mine almost at 1:30.

Sony must be doomed.

Kyolux

What's the position you are applying for? What's the worst that could happen? They say no? At least you will get the interview experience. I've sent exactly 52 resumes since March, and I did not even get one call back. It's honestly a bummer.

It's an IS-03 (I'm IS-02 right now) (it's the communications category) as a Web Project Officer. Exam and interview went ok. Always tough to know if you did good with these, and I was the first to go for them for a new position. I'm also not that chatty, so my interview time was on the short side.

Had to evacuate the building right in the middle of the exam too. So that was a thing.

Also, don't give up, this was a job I applied for in October.

Why is there no Ottawa for this? :(

C-Sword

First time dealing with Pulorator, I've been told that I would be contacted to schedule a delivery, because the product I ordered was a heavy one. Anyone knows how long does it take for them to contact you after getting that notification? Best Buy's estimated delivery sucks.

kaiyo

Anyone order from Microsoft online store? How long does it take for them to ship? I ordered Thurs evening and got tracking Friday morning (3am or so) but it's been on label created since then.

Edit: it had an anticipated ship date of 5/27 and scheduled delivery of 5/30. =/

Anyone order from Microsoft online store? How long does it take for them to ship? I ordered Thurs evening and got tracking Friday morning (3am or so) but it's been on label created since then.

Edit: it had an anticipated ship date of 5/27 and scheduled delivery of 5/30. =/

1 day after ordering i got a label number. But didnt receive it for a week (in line with estimated delivery date)

krae_man

Did anyone preorder Mirror's Edge CE?
I have a preorder with EB Games but they just sent me their flyer and it says CE doesn't include the game!!

It was supposed to be a combo item with the CE part and the game as separate line items. You might have been able to get just the CE part by itself by mistake.

Did anyone preorder Mirror's Edge CE?
I have a preorder with EB Games but they just sent me their flyer and it says CE doesn't include the game!!

We learned this a few weeks ago.

They really should have a sku with the game. It's a good idea for digital peeps though.

Honestly, I'm not sure why I still have a Mirror's Edge preorder. Is this game going to be good? There is zero hype.

trebbble

Honestly, I'm not sure why I still have a Mirror's Edge preorder. Is this game going to be good? There is zero hype.

I'm in the same boat. I enjoyed but didn't love the first one. I'm thinking of cancelling, but the sweet old E3 deals are hard to pass up.

I haven't heard much about the new one other than some mixed impressions from Gamespot and a 30 minute video featuring a super angsty NPC. It seems to be open city-ish with location based missions ala Assassin's Creed, but I'd love to hear impressions from someone who actually played it.

Lexxism

It seems like there's a deal for Rogers new customers.

Rogers Ignite GIGABIT (1gbps down, 50mbps up)
Rogers Digital VIP (365+ channels)
Unlimited Usage
Modem Included
HDPVR Included
Shomi Subscription (2yrs)
NHL GCL Subscription (1yr)

$99/month.

Megasoum

Banned
So guys, noob question about cell phones...

I'm with Videotron right now using a MotoX Play that seriously suck (the model is fine but my phone keeps crashing and Videotron won't replace it cause they can't reproduce the intermitent issue in store...).

My brother in law offered me his old Bell iPhone 6.

So could I use it? I assume it needs to be unlocked?

How does that work with my contract since I still have over a year to go with my MotoX? I just keep paying for the MotoX for the rest of the contract like nothing has changed unless I want to pay the 230$ balance?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I thought paying for premium let you have your cake and eat it too. Of course it came to me in a promotional email so I could've read it wrong. Doesn't matter to me much cause I barely use it lol.

Ah yeah, maybe you can be hidden but still see who's looking at you with premium. Would make sense

which coincidentally is the exact same feature-model as okcupid

poodpick

Unlimited Usage
Modem Included
HDPVR Included

$99/month.

That can't possibly be real. Where is this being offered?

Tapejara

Unlimited Usage
Modem Included
HDPVR Included

$99/month.

That can't possibly be real. Where is this being offered?

Rogers site is showing me 100mbps down and the basic TV plan. I'm in Ontario.

Tapejara

The internet package itself is priced at $150 and the TV package is $80 + PVR rental.

From the Rogers site:

Get fast speeds and unlimited usage with a Rogers IgniteTM 100u Internet + Basic TV + Local Home Phone bundle for $99.99/mo for 24 months* on a 2-year term.

Plus, you get shomiTM for 2 years1, a FREE 2015-16 Season’s Pass subscription to RogersTM NHL GameCentre LIVETM2, and Rogers TechXpertTM Whole Home support!3

No mention of gigabit though, and the channel selection is lousy. But still that's a pretty good price. Bell has a similar promotion going on that starts at $97.90/mo for two years.

Got this in my email this morning
yTelMaa.png

Kinda makes it sound to me like codes again, but that's just a guess. Hope not as that seemed more trouble than it was worth. Although as long as they do 30% off and not 20% like last year, I can deal with it.

Guess we will see on the 10th.

Bring on the Amazon deal match. I feel better ordering from Amazon now that they seem to have their own courier service, at least in Toronto.

kevin1025

Banned
Vanilla Coke has been found and secured. Food Basics has them now, but the price is a little iffy at $2.17 for a 500mL bottle. Grabbed two, I couldn't resist. They had them in a basket by the cash, I literally stumbled into it while going through and was so happy.

Kyolux

Vanilla Coke has been found and secured. Food Basics has them now, but the price is a little iffy at $2.17 for a 500mL bottle. Grabbed two, I couldn't resist. They had them in a basket by the cash, I literally stumbled into it while going through and was so happy.

I hate that I don't like soda as much as I used to right now. I drank a bottle or two a few weeks ago and it just did nothing for me. :(

Robert807

I didn't like Vanilla Coke or Cherry Coke that much. You can get 2 500 ml bottles at macs convenience store for 3 .77 tax included.

Firestorm

I'm in the same boat. I enjoyed but didn't love the first one. I'm thinking of cancelling, but the sweet old E3 deals are hard to pass up.

I haven't heard much about the new one other than some mixed impressions from Gamespot and a 30 minute video featuring a super angsty NPC. It seems to be open city-ish with location based missions ala Assassin's Creed, but I'd love to hear impressions from someone who actually played it.
I played the beta for a bit but stopped as I didn't wanna ruin it. The missions are great if you enjoyed the first game. However I'm not a fan of open world and wish it didn't have an open world. Also not a fan of the progression system and hoping that it doesn't lock a bunch of bullshit in the main game. If you have an E3 promo pre-order I wouldn't cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom