• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
You're lucky. I'm addicted to the stuff and my teeth are not doing well. Better to not be drinking it!

You gotta go with a straw! It doesn't help 100%, but it keeps most of it away from causing tooth decay and such, At least, that's what I tell myself. I'm surprisingly (thankfully) not a doctor. :(

kevin1025

Banned
Lol there's no way I'm moving back to Rogers, especially their TV.

You don't like receivers freezing up, PVR wiping itself at random, and non-PVR boxes taking 2-4 seconds to respond to simple remote presses?!

Or my personal favorite, 2am software updates. Reminder: never record something at 2am. You won't get it.

New Deal

Sears.ca has a bunch of halo/call of duty/tmnt mega bloks 30-40% off and they also have an active $10 off $50 coupon which is 941612691.

also fell for the hype of overwatch and traded in a copy of blops III i picked up at a yard sale for $2 to EB for the 30% extra trade bonus towards new titles. Wish I had just preordered it during E3

Try calling and see if they can give you the deal. That's a pretty good one especially if your area has the 1GB.

Contacting someone I saw recommended on RFD.

Going to try and call in a few.

Yeah, I am willing to switch from Teksavvy for the next couple of years.

Edit: Email contact says I can get it.

Currently paying $119 a month for Digital VIP + WWE Network with Rogers
Currently paying $93 for a 60mbps/10mbps from Teksavvy

I will gladly take the new package for the next two years.

-Deimos

It seems like there's a deal for Rogers new customers.

Rogers Ignite GIGABIT (1gbps down, 50mbps up)
Rogers Digital VIP (365+ channels)
Unlimited Usage
Modem Included
HDPVR Included
Shomi Subscription (2yrs)
NHL GCL Subscription (1yr)

$99/month.

Finally was able to get it! All you have to do is mention the B
ell
word and they'll become super helpful. I had 3 services from Rogers before this so it's definitely possible to get it if you're a customer, just mention that Bell "has a similar deal" to what you just described and if all goes well they'll hook you up.

Lexxism

Edit: Email contact says I can get it.
Finally was able to get it! All you have to do is mention the B word and they'll become super helpful. I had 3 services from Rogers before this so it's definitely possible to get it if you're a customer, just mention that Bell "has a similar deal" to what you just described and if all goes well they'll hook you up.
Nice. That's good to hear.

BTails

So, my wife and I are finally going to upgrade our iPad 2 with a 9.7inch iPad Pro. Any deals going on currently? I know Apple stuff doesn't really go on sale, but from time to time there's freebies included (cases, headphones, iTunes cards, etc...)

Right now the best "deal" I've found is through the Apple Store; since my wife is a teacher, we get a whopping $20 off!

kennah

So, my wife and I are finally going to upgrade our iPad 2 with a 9.7inch iPad Pro. Any deals going on currently? I know Apple stuff doesn't really go on sale, but from time to time there's freebies included (cases, headphones, iTunes cards, etc...)

Right now the best "deal" I've found is through the Apple Store; since my wife is a teacher, we get a whopping $20 off!

That's probably the best you'll find until they show up on the refurb site.

Ryne

Got rejected twice. Going to try again in a day or two because I'm too tired to deal with Rogers right now.

Too bad I can't get Rogers :/. The cable line ends several houses down from me where there's a farmer's field. It's been there for 30 years.

trebbble

I played the beta for a bit but stopped as I didn't wanna ruin it. The missions are great if you enjoyed the first game. However I'm not a fan of open world and wish it didn't have an open world. Also not a fan of the progression system and hoping that it doesn't lock a bunch of bullshit in the main game. If you have an E3 promo pre-order I wouldn't cancel.

Thanks for your impressions. Good to hear you enjoyed the missions, even if your concerns about the open world mirror my own :)

kaiyo

Finally was able to get it! All you have to do is mention the B
ell
word and they'll become super helpful. I had 3 services from Rogers before this so it's definitely possible to get it if you're a customer, just mention that Bell "has a similar deal" to what you just described and if all goes well they'll hook you up.
Were you on contract? I signed up for 100u + VIP for $140 something or so back in November, 2 yr contact on the internet, wonder if I will be able to get it

Canon

Banned
It seems like it is also available for existing customer. You need to call their retention.

1.888.ROGERS.1

Press 4
Press 5
Select Internet
Before I do this, is it only for Ontario? Apparently everyone only lives in Ontario on the Internet but never mention the fact the Rogers deals are only for Ontario.

I really only want just Internet, though.

RS4-

You don't like receivers freezing up, PVR wiping itself at random, and non-PVR boxes taking 2-4 seconds to respond to simple remote presses?!

Or my personal favorite, 2am software updates. Reminder: never record something at 2am. You won't get it.

Lol that too.

It's fucked up, because when I had Rogers "HD," I'd get these artifacts like my signal was fucking up, and my upper left corner would have what looked like a static triangle or something. Switch to Fibe, zero problems.

Anyway, I'll talk it over and see what Rogers has in terms of the channel packages.

Eoyote

Neo Member
It's 29.99 at EBGames

Thanks for mentioning this!

I seen one at my local EB last month but it had a $59.99 sticker on it. Went in today after reading your post, and sure enough, it's now down an additional $5. It'll be nice to have something to remember this game by seeing as how we're more than likely never going to see anything from this franchise again after the way things turned out.

7hQvBwL.jpg

RS4-

Ah fuck, apparently I only get 250 instead of the 1gbps. I'll have to check tomorrow.

But man, I don't need their home phone nonsense.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/black-market-cellphone-deals-1.3607245

Saw this article regarding really cheap cell phone plans with nation wide and 5gbs of data for $48.

This sounds too good to be true so it probably is. I'm off contract so these deals are tempting.

CBC News asked Koodo owner Telus if it has taken any action against these businesses. "Purchasing plans via a third party is risky, and we are taking several steps to prevent it," replied spokeswoman Luiza Staniec in an email.

That makes me hesitant.

Drew declined to comment to CBC News. But his website gives some insight into how his deals work. He instructs customers to purchase a month-to-month Koodo plan then provide him with the details.

He explains that he will "change your plan to the $48 5GB plan" all for a one-time fee of $40.

"Plans by Tony," also appears to have a thriving business. Tony advertises the $48 Koodo deal for a $100 fee.

Ryne

It seems like it is also available for existing customer. You need to call their retention.

1.888.ROGERS.1

Press 4
Press 5
Select Internet

Got rejected twice. Going to try again in a day or two because I'm too tired to deal with Rogers right now.

Finally got through with my first Rogers CSR this morning.

Got the deal, and I'm an existing customer. I was able to up my internet from 100u to 1gbit unlimited, and I was already on VIP cable.

Gonna save me a nice chunk off my bill, thanks for the heads up.

Ryde3

Ah, that one. Yeah, it is pretty popular. There's even a forum on that particular plan.

I've had the Koodo plan for almost 2 years (I'm in Toronto) but I had gotten the Manitoba plan myself, and ported the Toronto number over online. If anyone has any other questions PM me.

I'll be out of contract in just a few days so that whole discussion is pretty interesting...

I'm also thinking of asking for a paid work phone.

ElNino

Finally got through with my first Rogers CSR this morning.

Got the deal, and I'm an existing customer. I was able to up my internet from 100u to 1gbit unlimited, and I was already on VIP cable.

Gonna save me a nice chunk off my bill, thanks for the heads up.
What did you need to do when you called?

I'm currently on the 150/down plan with VIP so I'd live to jump on this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom