• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNino

You just need to mention the deal I posted and they will immediately look at it. Though it might take a few tries.
On hold with CSR now... she thinks she can do it for me, just needs to get the right codes for it.

She told me the promo is technically only for those where Bell offers Gigabit service, so your address needs to be eligible for Bell's service as well.

RS4-

On hold with CSR now... she thinks she can do it for me, just needs to get the right codes for it.

She told me the promo is technically only for those where Bell offers Gigabit service, so your address needs to be eligible for Bell's service as well.

I heard the same as well, but others were able to get it despite not having Bell gigabit.

I think I can get 500u in my area.

Ryde3

I wonder if these are like the dns unblockers - not a problem until its picked up in media, then becomes widespread really quickly.

It's been in the media before and it also caused Koodo to put a warning on their website about having the right to change plans for out of province customers, but to my knowledge nothing has happened.

That being said this is alot bigger coverage, hope nothing happens! It's the only way my 5gb plan is affordable and 10$ for each GB of overage is fantastic.

ElNino

I heard the same as well, but others were able to get it despite not having Bell gigabit.

I think I can get 500u in my area.
This what I got as well. She said I was eligible for Gigabit, but Rogers is only offering 500u right now, although they are hoping to expand to my area later this year.

Either way, jumping up from 150/15 with 550GB bandwidth to 500/25 (unlimited) while saving ~50/month is still worth it. All of my TV and phone services stayed the same for now as I was already on Digital HD VIP and I already own all of my PVRs and the modem. I can swap out my modem for the newer one if I wish, but it's required to get the faster speeds.

It's been in the media before and it also caused Koodo to put a warning on their website about having the right to change plans for out of province customers, but to my knowledge nothing has happened.

That being said this is alot bigger coverage, hope nothing happens! It's the only way my 5gb plan is affordable and 10$ for each GB of overage is fantastic.

For sure, 5gig is amazing.

Maybe the co. figures that they can either get $48/mth from those making the effort, or, cancel those plans resulting in people leaving ($0/mth). Better $48 than nothing for them perhaps.

Btw that gigabit cable thread on RFD is at like 60(!) pages already lol.

Kyolux

Not a deal, but I just saw on Twitter that VGP will be the exclusive carrier (in Canada) for Steins;Gate 0. https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/737737351175274496

PS4: $69.99
PSV: $49.99

Well.. seems like it's going to be Day 0 digital for me. Is the August 31 date set or a placeholder? Anyone knows? First I hear of an actual release date.

Tempted to go PS4, but I'll probably get Vita, to play on my bed and in the toilet. As should all VNs be played.

Tapejara

Man, I'm contemplating that Rogers deal, but if the set top boxes are really as awful as some people in this thread say then that's a major deal breaker (TV in my house still gets a lot of use from family members). But potential gigabit Internet...fuck I need that lol.

jet1911

It seems like there's a deal for Rogers new customers.

Rogers Ignite GIGABIT (1gbps down, 50mbps up)
Rogers Digital VIP (365+ channels)
Unlimited Usage
Modem Included
HDPVR Included
Shomi Subscription (2yrs)
NHL GCL Subscription (1yr)

$99/month.

Holy crap :eek:

Why can't Rogers expend their internet services in Quebec. :(

Man, I'm contemplating that Rogers deal, but if the set top boxes are really as awful as some people in this thread say then that's a major deal breaker (TV in my house still gets a lot of use from family members). But potential gigabit Internet...fuck I need that lol.

The new ones just seem really slow. I mean all set top boxes are kind of shitty but I am still sporting my store bought SA PVR from ten years ago and it's way faster.

I may keep that in the living room and use the new PVR in the bedroom.

RS4-

They're pure shit. You have to reboot them here and there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Awesome, thanks CBC for helping to nuke this loophole from orbit
I've been reading about people scamming Saskatchewan/Thunder Bay/Manitoba plans for ages now. I assume they don't care since it's only a minority that go through the trouble of doing it.

Lexxism

I've been reading about people scamming Saskatchewan/Thunder Bay/Manitoba plans for ages now. I assume they don't care since it's only a minority that go through the trouble of doing it.
And they are still getting a profit on those plans. Fucking CRTC !

Luigi87

Jeez, some of you weren't kidding about shipping from Play-Asia + customs slowness.

The Gundam game I ordered arrived in Canada on May 10th and I still don't have it, nor any way to track it further.

ElNino

The new ones just seem really slow. I mean all set top boxes are kind of shitty but I am still sporting my store bought SA PVR from ten years ago and it's way faster.

I may keep that in the living room and use the new PVR in the bedroom.
They're pure shit. You have to reboot them here and there.
I don't have too many problems these days. I have the older SA HD PVR in the bedroom and the new Nextbox 3 Cisco box in the family room. Both work well and response is pretty quick. The Cisco box used to reboot fairly often (sometimes every night) but it hasn't been like that for a while with me.

Believe me, if there were big perf issues with the box my wife and kids would let me know really quick. ;-)

LakeEarth

I'm tempted to call Rogers, but I don't think I have the patience to deal with that today. But it'd be perfect for me. I don't have cable, and already pay almost $50 a month for 18Mbps down from a different company.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And they are still getting a profit on those plans. Fucking CRTC !
We need more public utilities, clearly. lol
But after Ontario privatized everything, yeah, it's better to pretend you are "going to school in Saskatchewan" and get a plan there.

Jeez, some of you weren't kidding about shipping from Play-Asia + customs slowness.

The Gundam game I ordered arrived in Canada on May 10th and I still don't have it, nor any way to track it further.
I don't know about anyone else, but DoA is still MIA for me. I don't know what is going on anymore.

ElNino

I'm tempted to call Rogers, but I don't think I have the patience to deal with that today. But it'd be perfect for me. I don't have cable, and already pay almost $50 a month for 18Mbps down from a different company.
It didn't take long for me, maybe 10 minutes on the call with the CSR and a wait of about 5 minutes before that. I'm an existing Rogers customer however, so things could be longer if you are switching.

Where do you live? I live out in the middle of the country like 10 minutes from the nearest small town and can get 50mb down.

Only about 5 minutes from a pretty big area. It's sad, really. All we can get is what we have.

The only way to maybe get higher speeds would be to get people to sign a petition.

Clive

There are a lot of Canadians waiting for that Gundam game. I've seen several threads pop up both on Reddit and GameFAQs and I can't find a single Canadian claim he has received it yet, except for those who paid for FedEx delivery. It seems the issues lies with the Canadian customs sadly so I don't know who to bother about it. I'm waiting for three games from South East Asia personally, two of these shipped in April. :/

Sora_N

Well.. seems like it's going to be Day 0 digital for me. Is the August 31 date set or a placeholder? Anyone knows? First I hear of an actual release date.

Tempted to go PS4, but I'll probably get Vita, to play on my bed and in the toilet. As should all VNs be played.

Tmi

i do it too

zeitgeist

Think I got that Rogers deal but I'll be a bit skeptical until it is installed. I had to all 3 different times but it's definitely worth it.

Thanks for posting it everyone.

It seems like there's a deal for Rogers new customers.

Rogers Ignite GIGABIT (1gbps down, 50mbps up)
Rogers Digital VIP (365+ channels)
Unlimited Usage
Modem Included
HDPVR Included
Shomi Subscription (2yrs)
NHL GCL Subscription (1yr)

$99/month.

Anyone in North York, Toronto that knows for certain that we can get the gigabit speeds for internet?

Currently paying $135 after tax per month for 60mbps internet and TV bundle on Rogers.

The success stories here are great encouragement. I'm going to try tonight and let everyone know how it goes.

Edit: The Rogers site says 100u internet package, not gigabit. Can someone confirm it is gigabit?

i-Jest

Thanks for mentioning this!

I seen one at my local EB last month but it had a $59.99 sticker on it. Went in today after reading your post, and sure enough, it's now down an additional $5. It'll be nice to have something to remember this game by seeing as how we're more than likely never going to see anything from this franchise again after the way things turned out.

7hQvBwL.jpg

Got the last one from EB Games near work.

Anyone in North York, Toronto that knows for certain that we can get the gigabit speeds for internet?

Currently paying $135 after tax per month for 60mbps internet and TV bundle on Rogers.

The success stories here are great encouragement. I'm going to try tonight and let everyone know how it goes.

Edit: The Rogers site says 100u internet package, not gigabit. Can someone confirm it is gigabit?

Check your postal code on their website. It will clearly say whether gigabit is in your hood. (I checked a handful in toronto - its def available!)

The Rogers gigabit deal is awesome and I may have took it a few months ago but I decided to pull the plug with Rogers

$49.99/month for fibe with Bell reseller, 50 mbps down and unlimited bandwidth
~$13/month IPTV which includes US channels + ppvs
landline through VOIP

And thats basically it.

Wal Mart is selling Warlords of Draenor Collector's Editions for $10.00

Comes with an art book, OST, mount, pets, hearthstone back, Diablo transmog shit, 3 free hearthstone packs, and a mousepad

BEWARE

1-855-415-2112 is pretending to be Rogers. They aren't associated with Rogers. I just got a call from them and funny enough they were trying to offer me a bundle when the real Rogers has a note on the account for a quote for the new bundle.

A quick search shows that this number is not affiliated with Rogers.

I actually received a call earlier today from the real Rogers - 1-888-764-3771 (ROGERS1)

krae_man

BEWARE

1-855-415-2112 is pretending to be Rogers. They aren't associated with Rogers. I just got a call from them and funny enough they were trying to offer me a bundle when the real Rogers has a note on the account for a quote for the new bundle.

A quick search shows that this number is not affiliated with Rogers.

I actually received a call earlier today from the real Rogers - 1-888-764-3771 (ROGERS1)

Google tells me that number is of an authorized Rogers reseller.

Google tells me that number is of an authorized Rogers reseller.

Hmm. I did further research and it just seems mixed to me. There are some who have verified it and others who have said that they received calls from the same number for completely different services besides Rogers. Possible, I guess.

I will mark it down to at least buyer beware.

Also, I got my confirmation email from Rogers. The deal is in and the tech will be here on Friday. However, I noticed my email says 500u instead of Gigabit so I will need to contact them about that.

Apparently it's being pulled now though and reps are being told not to offer it. Glad I got in when I did.

Hmm. I did further research and it just seems mixed to me. There are some who have verified it and others who have said that they received calls from the same number for completely different services besides Rogers. Possible, I guess.

I will mark it down to at least buyer beware.

Also, I got my confirmation email from Rogers. The deal is in and the tech will be here on Friday. However, I noticed my email says 500u instead of Gigabit so I will need to contact them about that.

Apparently it's being pulled now though and reps are being told not to offer it. Glad I got in when I did.

Nooo don't tell me it's being pulled! I'm on minute 22 of what the rep told me was an expected 30 minute wait for retention. I've waited this long mind as well go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom