• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Anyone recall the cheapest the gold wireless ps4 headset has been. Tempted to pick up a headset cause only headphones I have are cheapish in ear ones.

hyper x cloud or was it the cloud II. Don't remember which ones work straight out the box (or maybe it was both).

-Deimos

Anyone else who upgraded to Rogers VIP cable unable to access Rogers on demand? All I get is a blank menu with "now loading".

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I got the same email but I don`t see any significant increase in my points. Sounds like you got lucky.
Yeah. I don't know the exact amount I got but I know it was enough to now let me redeem a $20 RZ card and be 2/3 of the way to another one.

lupinko

Okay I just bought Saints Row IV Reelected and the Metro Redux Bundle for $21.99 on PSN.

That's three games for a little over $20.

Maddog

Anyone recall the cheapest the gold wireless ps4 headset has been. Tempted to pick up a headset cause only headphones I have are cheapish in ear ones.

$19.99 at Futureshop in August 2014.

ajpo29H.png

baconcow

S19.99 at Fututre Shop, about a year or two ago. Sale lated about a day before being changed to $60, so it may haved been a mistake. Was able to reserve in-store, at the time, and they didn't say anything about the price. They are ok for wireless headphones at $50 or under.

Kyolux

S19.99 at Fututre Shop, about a year or two ago. Sale lated about a day before being changed to $60, so it may haved been a mistake. Was able to reserve in-store, at the time, and they didn't say anything about the price. They are ok for wireless headphones at $50 or under.

Got mine for 3 games traded-in + $38 with taxes 2-3 weeks ago.

Pretty happy with it!

Fularu

Banned

It was a mistake. They doubled the reduction and it lasted a whole 2 hours before beeing fixed

daevv

Can you even cancel once an item has shipped? I get this error message: Your item has not been cancelled
Because this item was part of a multi-item promotion, it cannot be cancelled at this time. Please contact Customer Service for assistance.

I tried contacting Customer Service and they get an error when they try to cancel my order too.

I did get the same message when trying to cancel. I'll sell Mighty No 9 locally after I get it.

Quick question on the amazon or other online sites that have the E3 3 for 30% off deal. Was it only on games at E3 that year or was it any game preorder? Could I used Lego Force Awakens and say No Mans Sky as two of my preorder games this year?

RS4-

Lol good thing I got rid of NHL two weeks ago, got 39 for it.

May get Steam Link, don't think I'd use it much though.

Anyone else who upgraded to Rogers VIP cable unable to access Rogers on demand? All I get is a blank menu with "now loading".

When that happens i reboot/cycle the box and the problem goes away.

If that doesn't work, then call them and they will "zap" your box (ie I think they re-authorize the box remotely, and it reloads your channels). Takes 5 minutes. (And rep was extremely nice and helpful when i called).

kevin1025

Banned

They sent out an e-mail yesterday or the day before saying that they are upgrading the on demand and so there may be some kinks to figure out or it might be down for a little bit.

Text from the e-mail: "Thank you for your patience while we work hard to upgrade our Rogers On Demand service. As a token of our appreciation, we’re providing you with amazing titles to rent at no charge – every week – for the month of June."

So the free movies are:

May 31 - June 6: Daddy's Home
June 7 - June 13: Spy, Ice Age: Continental Drift, Gone Girl
June 14 - June 20: Shaun the Sheep, Legend, Black Mass
June 21 - June 27: Point Break, In the Heart of the Sea

kennah

That link is tempting, I just moved my computer out of the living room. But I think I'll just stick with my original plan of plugging one of our laptops into the loose HDMI

Sealtest

bought a 4k samsung tv today at best buy and saw a "harmony remote promo" on the reciept and the local manager has no idea what its about. Anyone have a guess?

Windam

Scaley member
Rogers said the gigabit package is unavailable in my area. Checked and yep, we get up to 250u. Checked Bell's site and they offer up to Fibe 25 or Fibe 50 if you give them $150/mo for a bundle. LOL.

Tapejara

Rogers said the gigabit package is unavailable in my area. Checked and yep, we get up to 250u. Checked Bell's site and they offer up to Fibe 25 or Fibe 50 if you give them $150/mo for a bundle. LOL.

Yeah, Bell really needs to start expanding their Fibre coverage. It seems like everywhere outside of Toronto only gets up to 50mbps, and I'm sure it gets even worse the further you go.

superbad

I'm guessing that but i'm hoping maybe someone knows of an actual promotion that might've just started because thee store had no idea what it was about and wasn't willing to look into it anymore.

Which model did you buy? Is there any mention of the promo on their web site?

pr0cs

This has been at that price and sold out for quite a while now. Wold have loved to pick this game up for $1.
It's priced appropriately at that amount ;)

I'd like to pick up a steam controller 🎮 but I have a feeling I wouldn't invest enough time to truly get good with it.

LakeEarth

Hmm, mine said "it's available in your area, but not necessarily to your house". Does this mean I'm screwed?

Then it shows me the $99 offer online, but for 100u instead of gigabit.

EDIT - oh I see that deal is available to everyone, and the special package requires calling their customer service. Bell doesn't offer gigabit to my house though, so I probably can't get it.

LakeEarth

Rogers saying its only EXISTING customers, instead of new customers. Which is the opposite of what has been said here. Do I just call back and try again?

Rogers saying its only EXISTING customers, instead of new customers. Which is the opposite of what has been said here. Do I just call back and try again?

Try again. Though I imagine the chances are less and less now than they were a few days ago.

I am not seeing many successful hits at places like RFD now.

PFD

It seems like there's a deal for Rogers new customers.

Rogers Ignite GIGABIT (1gbps down, 50mbps up)
Rogers Digital VIP (365+ channels)
Unlimited Usage
Modem Included
HDPVR Included
Shomi Subscription (2yrs)
NHL GCL Subscription (1yr)

$99/month.

Rogers doesn't offer internet in Quebec, do they?

Fuck

Figured I'd update on the Rogers deal scenario. After getting it approved with the rep on the phone I went to the store in Yorkdale to be told by the rep there that gigabit internet isnt available in my area... and at most we get 150u...

After about half an hour of him telling me that "no price is guaranteed to stay the same even on a 2 year contract" and a whole mess of issues, I have a technician coming in on tuesday to put in the new modem for 500u internet (that I still wont be able to receive to my house). Hopefully this future-proofs me for when 500u internet comes to my area.

-Deimos

When that happens i reboot/cycle the box and the problem goes away.

If that doesn't work, then call them and they will "zap" your box (ie I think they re-authorize the box remotely, and it reloads your channels). Takes 5 minutes. (And rep was extremely nice and helpful when i called).

They sent out an e-mail yesterday or the day before saying that they are upgrading the on demand and so there may be some kinks to figure out or it might be down for a little bit.

Text from the e-mail: "Thank you for your patience while we work hard to upgrade our Rogers On Demand service. As a token of our appreciation, we’re providing you with amazing titles to rent at no charge – every week – for the month of June."

So the free movies are:

May 31 - June 6: Daddy's Home
June 7 - June 13: Spy, Ice Age: Continental Drift, Gone Girl
June 14 - June 20: Shaun the Sheep, Legend, Black Mass
June 21 - June 27: Point Break, In the Heart of the Sea

That would probably explain it, thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom