• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Amazon.com has XBL 12 months for $40 USD. Comes out to be about $52 CAD. If anyone interested.

Elitist1945

So is there like nowhere to buy Blu-rays in-store nowadays? My local Jumbo Video shut down, and Best Buy sells like 5 movies total now.

zroid

Banned
So is there like nowhere to buy Blu-rays in-store nowadays? My local Jumbo Video shut down, and Best Buy sells like 5 movies total now.

what? the best buy near me still has a huge blu-ray selection, unless something's changed in the last couple weeks.

Deal?

So some crazy cheap copies of uncharted 4 and uncharted collection popped up on ebay for $12.99 US each. Ships from hong kong but promises genuine NA copies. This first popped up on redflagdeals but i'm taking the chance and buying atleast Uncharted 4 in the hopes that they might be legit copies.

Worst case I'll get my money back from paypal if something goes wrong.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/369derek/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rmvSB=true

Edit - Can only buy 1 within a 10 day period per account.

I'm sure they're real, but I'm also sure they're very stolen.

EDIT: Cancelled ebay order, apparently a scam according to RFD.

I just got an email from ebay saying that the account was compromised and that they removed the listing:

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:
262464060555 - Uncharted 4 A Thief's End 5 SONY PS4 Game BRAND NEW & SEALED

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

If you already paid for the item:
- Please immediately contact the payment service used to request a refund.

If you have not paid for your item:
- Consider this transaction canceled and do not send payment.

In this situation, your account was not accessed by the third party involved. At eBay, we take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. Learn more about protecting your account at:
http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/protecting.html

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

When the email says "contact your payment service used to request a refund", is that through my CC? paypal? ebay's resolution centre? I'm not entirely sure where to go from here (i've never had this sort of issue before.)

FrsDvl

HMV is stacked with Blu-rays. As a matter of fact, I heard they are gonna stop carrying DVDs just so they can stock even more Blu-rays.

Sealtest

I just got an email from ebay saying that the account was compromised and that they removed the listing:

When the email says "contact your payment service used to request a refund", is that through my CC? paypal? ebay's resolution centre? I'm not entirely sure where to go from here (i've never had this sort of issue before.)

Same. Since I finalized the order through Paypal I'm just letting them do the whole refund/dispute thing.

Same. Since I finalized the order through Paypal I'm just letting them do the whole refund/dispute thing.

Yeah I used their process and it went immediately from a dispute to a claim due to the circumstances surrounding it.

According to RFD, looks like this might have been a scam to get names addresses and emails.

Oy Vey

Yeah I used their process and it went immediately from a dispute to a claim due to the circumstances surrounding it.

According to RFD, looks like this might have been a scam to get names addresses and emails.

Oy Vey

Yeah it was someone who hijacked someone's eBay account and put these cheap games up to get people's info on purpose.

Regardless, this had scam and bullshit written all over it. People really need to look this stuff over before hastily posting it.

Zoomer and Public Mobile have some decent plans if you don't use a lot of data. I find that with Wi-Fi at home, work, and elsewhere I rarely need it most of the time.

bryt

Oy Vey

Where do I go to open up a claim in Paypal? Is it the resolution centre?

To preface: I'm not looking for unlimited data for $40. But I want at least 2 gigs, or a plan where I don't pay for overages.

Jumbo Video? Are you a time traveler?

I miss Jumbo Video and its popcorn. Plus its deal where you could bring Cineplex ticket stubs and rent two games for the price of one.

They treated me like family there. I was a regular at multiple video stores in town over the years, though.

Where do I go to open up a claim in Paypal? Is it the resolution centre?

honestly? you're better off calling them since some people on RFD have said that they were able to get an instant refund that way.

-login
-scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "help and contact"
-click on call us
-call the 1877 number that's listed and note the passcode that the website will issue you under the phone number (will be valid for 60 minutes)
-enter whatever the passcode that it asks for, but when it starts going through the automated questions, I just pressed 0 to speak to someone live.
-speak to the agent regarding the purchase. it should be listed as your most recent completed purchase under the paypal main page after you login and let them know that ebay sent the email regarding the purchase.

I have to wait for a resolution, i assume its because I did an online claim before I called, but like i said, some people on RFD stated that they were able to get instant refunds after talking to a live agent first.

if you still want to do it online, click on the transaction itself on the paypal homepage after logging in, and there should be an option to go to the resolution centre to dispute the transaction.

Elitist1945

what? the best buy near me still has a huge blu-ray selection, unless something's changed in the last couple weeks.

Mine used to have an entire section for it. Now its one shelf called "New Releases" and then a small shelf for cheap titles.

Jumbo Video? Are you a time traveler?

Maybe...are you a Time Cop?

HMV is stacked with Blu-rays. As a matter of fact, I heard they are gonna stop carrying DVDs just so they can stock even more Blu-rays.

My local HMV closed a long time ago and got replaced by a Factory Direct.

Rbk_3

To preface: I'm not looking for unlimited data for $40. But I want at least 2 gigs, or a plan where I don't pay for overages.

I miss Jumbo Video and its popcorn. Plus its deal where you could bring Cineplex ticket stubs and rent two games for the price of one.

They treated me like family there. I was a regular at multiple video stores in town over the years, though.

Why do you keep ignoring people who suggest the $48 5g Koodo plan?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...o-get-the-48-Manitoba-plan-anywhere-in-Canada

Just get wind already. That's the only way you are getting unlimited data for $40.

Isn't OCD out in the middle of nowhere or at least in a roaming zone for Wind? That's what I'm assuming anyway lol.

That's what I've been thinking, but they have no iPhones and I'm too cheap to buy a phone. I don't need a top of the line phone or want a used one, and don't want to put out hundreds to actually own the thing from day one.

I'm not in the middle of nowhere, lol.

RS4-

If you want to do Koodo but wary of that AB/SK deal, they do have 2GB data at $50. Fido is the same too. At least they've got iPhones, I think.

Sora_N

Meh. Blops3 is only $30 now but I still did it. I don't have time to waste trying on CL. If rather play Overwatch at the moment anyways

They took $2 off for refurbished since its French but I had $1.50 bonus from edge so I just lose $0.50

krae_man

That's what I've been thinking, but they have no iPhones and I'm too cheap to buy a phone. I don't need a top of the line phone or want a used one, and don't want to put out hundreds to actually own the thing from day one.

I'm not in the middle of nowhere, lol.

So you want a $40/month plan and a $500 subsidy? You're not getting that.

Be happy with a Moto G if you want a good cheap phone, or spend the money on an iPhone.

farisr

I know this is most likely just retailers clearing their inventory, but have a feeling KZ and Order are gonna show up on PS+ soon, and Sony's going to announce at E3 that they are guaranteeing at least 1 "big" ps4 game per month from now on.

Kitsune86

Neo Member
I know this is most likely just retailers clearing their inventory, but have a feeling KZ and Order are gonna show up on PS+ soon, and Sony's going to announce at E3 that they are guaranteeing at least 1 "big" ps4 game per month from now on.

Since Killzone has been on sale for $5 in the past month I can definitely see that. Lowest I've personally seen the order digitally was $10, I doubt they'll make the promise of AAA titles every month. Perhaps announce july's games at their conference tho.

I'll be at that conference :D maybe ill post pics in this thread if the wifi there is good.

farisr

Since Killzone has been on sale for $5 in the past month I can definitely see that. Lowest I've personally seen the order digitally was $10, I doubt they'll make the promise of AAA titles every month. Perhaps announce july's games at their conference tho.
Honestly, I don't even care about the big games, the PS+ offerings have been mostly decent for me. I just want them to allow EA to put EA Access on PS4.

Such a great service being denied to PS4 owners. Would really help out as well due to the way the canadian dollar is being. I can't justify spending money on a single sports game, but paying $35 a year for access to various sports titles (that are still the latest entries for at least a few months), battlefield/battlefront, NFS etc and having those early access trails for games that are just about to be released, such a good deal imo.

Kitsune86

Neo Member
Honestly, I don't even care about the big games, the PS+ offerings have been mostly decent for me. I just want them to allow EA to put EA Access on PS4.

Such a great service being denied to PS4 owners. Would really help out as well due to the way the canadian dollar is being. I can't justify spending money on a single sports game, but paying $35 a year for access to various sports titles (that are still the latest entries for at least a few months), battlefield/battlefront, NFS, and having those early access trails for games not out yet, such a good deal imo.

EA Access is totally worth it! I enjoyed the 10 hour trial of PVZ:GW2 and felt like I got my fill of the game over the course of a few evenings, saved me buying a $80 game. I downloaded the Mirror's Edge 2 trial but E3 prep has led me to not playing it yet sadly. Some of their trials are awesome and some are really short (unraveled)

Also the "free games" - Like NFS 2013 and Titanfall also get a lot of play from me. Nothing like hoping in a mech and killing some people to releave the stress. EA access is totally worth the $40 and I don't even play sports games.

Kyolux

I'll be at that conference :D maybe ill post pics in this thread if the wifi there is good.

It's been 6 years (wow damn, time flies), but in 2010, there wasn't any provided wifi at either the sony conference nor the E3 showfloor.

Me and the guy I was with were stuck with the crappy hotel wifi in the evening to post stuff.

Hopefully that's no longer the case.

vulva

It's been 6 years (wow damn, time flies), but in 2010, there wasn't any provided wifi at either the sony conference nor the E3 showfloor.

Me and the guy I was with were stuck with the crappy hotel wifi in the evening to post stuff.

no wifi on the showroom floor for the past two years that I've been going. And data is rough since it's so many signals at once causing tons of noise/intereference

23qwerty

Ground shipping from Texas to BC is hilarious..

ToHgFMQ.png

The S6 is $0 upfront, but you have to add the $25 WINDtab boost to your plan every month. You could go with their $35 plan, but you would still be paying $60+tax every month.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

To be honest, I quickly looked at their site and didn't exactly understand how the plans worked. I'm somewhat new to cellphone ownership and plans.

Kitsune86

Neo Member

Brutal .. RIP my international data, Good thing my plan rolls over like 3 days before E3 ^_^. When I went back in 2011 the wifi access even in the press lounge was lousy and slow. Uploading video was pretty much impossible

zroid

Banned
I already had it pre-ordered at Indigo, so I called them and asked to adjust the price for me. They said they'd do it no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom