• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbk_3

Whoa. I'm with Koodo now on a shit monthly and I get shit data. I pay like $34/mth for like 100mb. Any one do this?!

I helped my wife and 4 friends do it. It is very very simple.

1. Go to Koodo, open a new line with a local number.
2. When you get home, log into the Self Serve site and change your number to a Manitoba #.
3. When your first billing cycle ends in 4-7 days, change your plan to the $48 manitoba plan.
5. You can immediately port in your Ontario # and that's it. (If you are currently with Koodo, you will have to port it out to koodo prepaid first, then port it to your new account)

There is no interacting with anyone about it, it is all done online. There is no falsifying your address, you use your real address.
I personally think anyone who doesn't do this is really missing out.

krae_man

May just go with an S6 for free.

It's not free. anything more then the regular $100 tab is a loan.

You'll be paying $25/month extra for 2 years.

Get the X play on the $5 boost. You'll pay $150 up front and $120 extra over 2 years on a $400 phone if you want to negate your upfront cost and have a decent phone for a decent price that will be your best value.

I would think so since it lists where to catch all the pokemon. But I can't confirm if its a true pokedex

I'm pretty sure that the actual pokedex will be a separate guide coming out a month or two after launch.

The only time the pokedex was included with the regular walkthrough was for pokemon platinum.

Kyolux

Yeah. FF12 and P5. Still looking around what games to add.

I am Setsuna
damn you digital only
Exist Archive
Ace Attorney 6
damn you digital only
100ft Robot Golf
Ace Combat 7
Adrift
Battlezone
Eve: Valkyrie
RIGS
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Zero Time Dilemma
Rise of Tomb Raider
might get this on steam instead if I get a 480

P5 is a maybe, but definitely pre-ordering just in case.

Isn't OCD out in the middle of nowhere or at least in a roaming zone for Wind? That's what I'm assuming anyway lol.

Ya I live in the same city as Chewie and Wind can have balls reception outside of GTA, I ended up going with Fido so I got the Rogers network with a better price lol.

Maybe with Shaw buying Wind they will improve coverage but Bell and Rogers do not play nice with them network wise.

LakeEarth

Tempted to get the Rogers $100 Ignite deal, even if it isn't the insane gigabit deal that some lucky people were able to snag last week. I'm currently paying nearly $50 for 18Mbps, what's another $50 for 100Mbps plus basic cable and phone?

Then again, it's Rogers.

I am Setsuna
damn you digital only
Exist Archive
Ace Attorney 6
damn you digital only
100ft Robot Golf
Ace Combat 7
Adrift
Battlezone
Eve: Valkyrie
RIGS
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Zero Time Dilemma
Rise of Tomb Raider
might get this on steam instead if I get a 480

P5 is a maybe, but definitely pre-ordering just in case.

Yeah, a bunch of those PSVR titles are going to fill out my list this year.

1 week to E3, are we ready?

Already have the Amazon wish list ready. Currently I have

King of Fighters XIV
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition
Gran Turismo Sport
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse
Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 2
Project Diva X
Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness
Attack on Titan (the Omega Force one)
God Eater 2

I'm still waiting on Persona 5 and Ace Combat 7.

Sealtest

My current list is

Project diva x - Vita/PS4 not sure yet
Shantae - WII U or PS4
Hopefully Digimon Next Order :)
And both new pokemanz

Not a big list but I know it'll grow after E3 reveals.

Are they all getting a retail release?

I think Rigs will. Not sure about that 100ft robot golf. A game like Adr1ft will probably be digital only. Eve: Valkyrie is not a retail game in its current state either. I imagine 100ft golf will be digital too.

Ace Combat is probably going physical as well.

ohlawd

my list's pretty small right now. I don't expect any major additions to it. some of these are in orders with 20% off so I gotta upgrade them to 30%.

Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
7th Dragon III Code
Monster Hunter Generations
Style Savvy: Fashion Forward
Resident Evil 4 (HDHDHDHD edition)
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (probably will keep unless the holiday season gets swamped with games)
Pokemon Sun/Moon
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

these guys already have 30% off so no changes there
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Recore
Scalebound

I think I will probably go special/limited edition with Persona 5 so I am probably not getting the discount at this point.

Need to compile my list this week.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but Horizon had it's box art updated in the last couple days on amazon
91FDIE03E7L._SL1500_.jpg

Gitaroo

It was announced today along with a release date, but I don't think it's up for order yet anywhere.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1228925

best to flood GG twitters and demand for Canadian release, need to make some noise or they will just ignore us again. I have already tweeted them. I seriously doubt Sony "no one is picking it up" excuse is true at this point. There are crap games and not very popular franchise get LE release from Canadian retailers all the time. If they really that concern about over stocking, just open preorder for limited time and ship the exact ammount.

Sealtest

Honestly won't hold my breath for the Collectors edition, Canadians seem to be passed over for the Sony Statue collectors as of recent.

Amazing.
Ordered Ratchet and Clank from Amazon when they matched EBs price. It finally shipped last week after being back ordered for a while and for some unknown reason, they shipped with FedEx (they have always shipped every order to me with Canada post).

For a while now, I've just been getting them shipped to the canada post in shoppers a few blocks from my place since amazon has offered that for a while now and it's better than getting delivered to my place.

I am not even sure if the FedEx guy went in to try and deliver it or not. They just marked as refused delivery and it's being sent back and now amazon won't let me get a copy at the discounted price.

Now I am concerned about sending stuff there in the future because if they use FedEx again it will just be refused delivery.

best to flood GG twitters and demand for Canadian release, need to make some noise or they will just ignore us again. I have already tweeted them. I seriously doubt Sony "no one is picking it up" excuse is true at this point. There are crap games and not very popular franchise get LE release from Canadian retailers all the time. If they really that concern about over stocking, just open preorder for limited time and ship the exact ammount.

Done, this is a load of junk, I want that statue.

Ventara

Hey guys, are there any good deals on unlimited home internet? I'm currently using Rogers 300GB/month 3.5MB/s download for around $50. Between all the youtube and Netflix and games, 300GB is a bit straining, o I want want a bigger data cap, or even unlimited for hopefully same/not too much more than what I pay.

Ryne

If you're a tall guy and want to do driving school, don't make the mistake I made. Ask how big their cars are first.

It's such an ordeal trying to fit in the driver seat of a toyota corolla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom