• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagg9

If you're a tall guy and want to do driving school, don't make the mistake I made. Ask how big their cars are first.

It's such an ordeal trying to fit in the driver seat of a toyota corolla.

How tall are we talking? Are you like 6'5"?

-Deimos

If you're a tall guy and want to do driving school, don't make the mistake I made. Ask how big their cars are first.

It's such an ordeal trying to fit in the driver seat of a toyota corolla.

Never get into a Corolla period unless you're under 4 feet.

Has anyone's Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator shipped from amazon? My Odin Sphere order shipped but it hasn't, thinking I won't get it tomorrow now!

Hey guys, are there any good deals on unlimited home internet? I'm currently using Rogers 300GB/month 3.5MB/s download for around $50. Between all the youtube and Netflix and games, 300GB is a bit straining, o I want want a bigger data cap, or even unlimited for hopefully same/not too much more than what I pay.

You missed this last week. Its dead now.

It seems like there's a deal for Rogers new customers.

Rogers Ignite GIGABIT (1gbps down, 50mbps up)
Rogers Digital VIP (365+ channels)
Unlimited Usage
Modem Included
HDPVR Included
Shomi Subscription (2yrs)
NHL GCL Subscription (1yr)

$99/month.

They still offer 100down with a TV package and unlimited for 99/month though. Also, while it says for new customers only, if you only had TV or internet you could still qualify for the deal.

Ryne

How tall are we talking? Are you like 6'5"?

Nope, 6'3", but very leggy and muscular/heavy set. It's just so damn annoying

Never get into a Corolla period unless you're under 4 feet.
That's all I get when I request ubers. I love getting a SUV sometimes, but I have had enough of using uber.

OTOH, that Rogers deal was great. I ended up just giving my router to my mom and keeping the rogers one as that is good enough for me. But I read on RFD that Rogers is auditing accounts to see if they qualified for the deal, after the fact? Why would they do that?

Hey guys, are there any good deals on unlimited home internet? I'm currently using Rogers 300GB/month 3.5MB/s download for around $50. Between all the youtube and Netflix and games, 300GB is a bit straining, o I want want a bigger data cap, or even unlimited for hopefully same/not too much more than what I pay.

Try an independent interent service provider. Start.ca and Teksavvy, are fairly well known.

My price with Start hasnt gone up in over 3.5 years! Pretty sweet IMO.

hupla

Got an email from Best Buy saying they are gonna reveal their E3 deal on Friday. Can't believe it's that time of year again

Hopefully Persona 5 still gets in for this E3 deal as it is now releasing early 2017. If not, maybe we will get it for preorder around Black Friday?

Persona 5 still coming out for PS3 means my $34.99 E3 pre-order from 2014 is still valid!

(oh who am I kidding of course I'm buying the PS4 version, but I can't give up my cheap pre-order!)

SteelBook Launch Edition - PlayStation 4 only ($59.99/CA$79.99)

Available only to PS4 pre-orders and a limited number of day-one purchases, while supplies last.

SteelBook: The PS4 version will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
“Take Your Heart” Premium Edition - PlayStation 4 only ($89.99/CA$109.99)

Exclusive to the PS4 version of the game, the premium edition includes the following:

Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer Shoji Meguro in a CD wallet featuring P5 artwork.
Morgana plush: Morgana the cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but is also a member—and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4" plush of Morgana.
64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
Collectible outer box: Easily the largest premium edition in ATLUS’ history, the entirety of the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition comes in a colossal collectible box.

The fact that they have announced prices and editions gives me hope that it will be up for preorder soon. $109.99 for that special edition. I am in.

Edit: It's already up on .com Ordered the Premium edition, just in case.

AMAZON.COM (US) Premium Edition

i-Jest

Persona 5 still coming out for PS3 means my $34.99 E3 pre-order from 2014 is still valid!

(oh who am I kidding of course I'm buying the PS4 version, but I can't give up my cheap pre-order!)

SMH I feel the same.

The fact that they have announced prices and editions gives me hope that it will be up for preorder soon. $109.99 for that special edition. I am in.

Edit: It's already up on .com Ordered the Premium edition, just in case.

AMAZON.COM (US) Premium Edition

Jesus, you know people are gonna thirst for that special edition.

LakeEarth

I'm tempted to go for that Rogers 100Mbps / basic cable / phone / shomi for $99 deal, but I'm worried that there will be hidden fees and might jack up the price, basic Rogers bullshittery. Do you guys think this fear is warranted?

No_Style

I'm tempted to go for that Rogers 100Mbps / basic cable / phone / shomi for $99 deal, but I'm worried that there will be hidden fees and might jack up the price, basic Rogers bullshittery. Do you guys think this fear is warranted?

Just read the quote they give you before accepting it. They give you a PDF with the breakdown of what each service costs and the associated fees if applicable.

NYR

Is it bad that I totally expect getting 30% off e3 pre-orders next week?

I am getting Amazon Prime this time for sure, I signed up for the trial so all my orders last year ship on Prime, works great, get games on release day or the day before always. Been using Amazon more than ever now.

Ryde3

It's not available anymore.

It's sad seeing these E3 pre-orders getting higher priced every year with the 30 percent off. My Mirror's Edge pre-order from 2013 will arrive today for half price ($39.99). Makes me wish they would have announced even more titles back then!

The way I might play it is if we DON'T see 30% off promos this year for E3, I might just use that as an excuse not to pre-order anything/very much. I should really be scaling back my purchases anyways but it's hard to resist 30% off on niche titles that may never see a price drop or games you know you'll play day one. But with the CAD where it is 30% off feels more like the minimum viable price these days, so 20% and below is a tough sell.

Lexxism

No hidden fees or anything. Just ask for reference # after the talk. The price is lock for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom