• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
Worth noting that no, the P5 Collector's Edition won't be eligible for E3 deals if Amazon has one, and will technically not be eligible (but will likely still work) with Best Buy's

iiicon

Worth noting that no, the P5 Collector's Edition won't be eligible for E3 deals if Amazon has one, and will technically not be eligible (but will likely still work) with Best Buy's

Some games slip through the cracks. I have the storybook edition of Odin Sphere preordered with discount at Amazon.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Special Edition $80 usd/$120 cad

Persona 5 Take/Heart Edition $90 usd/$110 cad

It makes no fucking sense...

Oh and hey Chewie:

27420996902_f7de47c279_z.jpg

jzbluz

Maybe our dollar has gotten better?

I preordered the SE on Amazon.com just in case, and using prime it's going to be slightly cheaper than the Canadian version. Unless our dollar gets even lower in February.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Special Edition $80 usd/$120 cad

Persona 5 Take/Heart Edition $90 usd/$110 cad

I was thinking of exactly this after I ordered P5. Why the heck am I paying more for the TMS#FE SE than I am for this?! Still happy to be getting it, but man, that's some brutal pricing by Nintendo.

iiicon

Speaking of Odin Sphere, Leifthrasir is up on PSN and the price for all platforms is at par with America. $60 for PS4, $50 for PS3, $40 for Vita.

kevin1025

Banned
So now that EA has mentioned that they are showing 2016 and 2017 games, along with maybe even 2018 games, how likely is it those 2018 games will get preorder pages on Amazon and Best Buy?

Basically, how far ahead do the pre-orders usually go? If it has a name and exists, does it go up?

So now that EA has mentioned that they are showing 2016 and 2017 games, along with maybe even 2018 games, how likely is it those 2018 games will get preorder pages on Amazon and Best Buy?

Decent to good. We've had stuff like ME: Andromeda and Mirror's Edge up forever. I think Battlefront was a couple of years as well.

kevin1025

Banned
Decent to good. We've had stuff like ME: Andromeda and Mirror's Edge up forever. I think Battlefront was a couple of years as well.

That's true. Plus they have Final Fantasy VII Remake up, and that's a 2018/2019 game in all likelihood, so I guess some will pop up on there!

Having rarely purchased a collector edition of anything, is the P5 included stuff going to be "junky" or are Atlus' bonuses generally really nice?

UberTag

There's only one thing that would ever make me think of buying a new ps4 controller. a much better battery life.

Having to have 2 controllers so I can have a long play session is ridiculous.
Shame they're more keen on releasing new colors than bothering to address that little issue... which seems even more egregious in light of Microsoft releasing new controllers for the Xbox One this fall.

I said it in another thread but every time I look at Amazon Canada's best sellers (video games) list I am reminded that Canada has a thing for JRPGs and Platformers

kevin1025

Banned
Having rarely purchased a collector edition of anything, is the P5 included stuff going to be "junky" or are Atlus' bonuses generally really nice?

Based on only having bought the Persona 4: DAN collector's edition, Atlus goes all out on these things. This one in particular looks awesome.

Kyolux

My friend is looking for a decent headset to play Overwatch but looking for the $50 price range or so.. Anyone has something good to recommend?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My friend is looking for a decent headset to play Overwatch but looking for the $50 price range or so.. Anyone has something good to recommend?

Picked up G230 for $50 at Canada Computers. Super happy with it, but it is stereo only, no surround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom