• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

My friend is looking for a decent headset to play Overwatch but looking for the $50 price range or so.. Anyone has something good to recommend?
This is the more basic model of the Cloud II I think (but no 7.1 support or the comfier earpads). Overwatch has Dolby Atmos support so just get him to enable that in the settings which will be good for stereo headsets.

http://www.ncix.com/detail/kingston-hyperx-cloud-core-gaming-6c-114348.htm

Edit: Free Shipping from Dell if you don't live near NCIX http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...5587&acd=123088137920560&ven1=sITdr1kk0&ven2=,

I'll gladly take dealing with EB over dealing with Amazon shipping.

It has become less of a pain lately. Got Uncharted 4 Day +1 with free shipping and Ratchet & Clank Day 1 with Prime shipping.
Adding games to their lists is worse though. Dragon Quest Builders, Persona V and a lot of CEs are missing from the website even if they have been announced in the 2 last weeks.

Firestorm

I mean more because people hate going to eb, not necessarily that they'll get the discount.
I don't get the issue with EB honestly. I went to grab a Steam Link last weekend. Oakridge was super helpful and said they were sold out but could order from online to ship to my home if I wanted (but was sold out there too) and checked stock for me in Metrotown. Tried to upsell me on getting a Steam Controller but I declined and that was that.

At Metrotown the next day I picked up the last Steam link. He asked if I had an Edge card, I said no. If I wanted one, I said no. Then at the end if I wanted to insure my purchase, I said no. It's basically 3 small things and they don't push if you decline.

It is crazy how EB has changed from a storefront perspective though. I think there were more toys and random merch than actual games displayed at Metrotown and an entire wall was filled with those awful Funko POP figures and some other random crap. With E3 promos and EB's non-existent price protection policies I never go there anymore now that their Trade In promos are no longer worthwhile. Was a heckuva change from those days.

Luigi87

Picked up G230 for $50 at Canada Computers. Super happy with it, but it is stereo only, no surround.

Fortunately Overwatch supports Dolby Atmos!

Also if anyone ever wanted to make their Stereo Headphones simulate 7.1 surround in other apps, Razer does have a program that does that and works well (but it costs $23 CAD...)

vulva

Shows up as 70$ now? Guess it was a deal?

Edit: Seems like the $50 is because he has a Best Buy gift card.
If that's the case then he should just see what headsets Best Buy has in that range, see if the slightly more expensive ones are on sale nearby and can be pricematched.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Anyone here order the Watch Edition of Zero Escape 3 from Amazon.com? Both my copies are marked as delivered despite the game not being out, and when I check the product page for the 3DS and Vita versions, it now says they don't ship that item to Canada.

Anyone here order the Watch Edition of Zero Escape 3 from Amazon.com? Both my copies are marked as delivered despite the game not being out, and when I check the product page for the 3DS and Vita versions, it now says they don't ship that item to Canada.

you need to contact CS regarding the status of the items.

as for the second part, i find that items that you already pre-ordered will still ship to canada even if amazon ends up restricting the shipping to US only. you just have to have pre-ordered before they made the change.

i contacted gamestop.com customer support regarding my preorder for zero escape 3 to see if I was going to get the watch with my pre-order as well. he couldn't give me an answer on that and told me to call back when it was closer to its actual release.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
you need to contact CS regarding the status of the items.

as for the second part, i find that items that you already pre-ordered will still ship to canada even if amazon ends up restricting the shipping to US only. you just have to have pre-ordered before they made the change.

i contacted gamestop.com customer support regarding my preorder for zero escape 3 to see if I was going to get the watch with my pre-order as well. he couldn't give me an answer on that and told me to call back when it was closer to its actual release.
OK I'll give them a call, thanks man.

SickBoy

I don't get the issue with EB honestly. ....It's basically 3 small things and they don't push if you decline.

From the sounds of it there are some terrible locations, but broadly speaking, I don't get it either.

I get more stuff from Amazon these days (30% off at launch is hard to beat), but all in all, I'm OK with EB.

I can't remember when my first local EB opened... might have been '97 or '98... but back then it was a bigger deal. I don't think back then it was as common for retailers to clear out inventory in the fashion they do these days... so back then they offered a better selection and it was about the only place where you could find a non-Greatest Hits title for $20 on occasion.

These days, I think Amazon is eating their lunch a bit, but with the way retail is going in general, I think it's a pretty important brick-and-mortar presence, even with their shift to more pop culture junk. There's Walmart, there's Best Buy and there's...? Shoppers? (Out west, London Drugs)

And Best Buy's in-store gaming selection seems pretty anemic these days. I liked Superstore as a game retailer, but I think they're totally done. I haven't seen anything recent coming to any of the locations I go to. Are we getting close to a Walmart/EB industry?

lupinko

Is that an error? Because I also see Drive club for $19.99, and that's without the season pass.

Also is Drive Club worth $7?

khaaan

Real Canadian SuperStore.

They basically emptied all their games into a bin with 20$ being the max on anything.

*edit The sign was $3-20 with DS and some Wii game being ~$4.97 iirc.

I think they meant which store, geographically =P

I've never had much luck with SuperStore, and the one near me barely has a games section.

Achtius

Can you cancel preorders made on ebgames.ca? Their website made it sounds like I have to go to a store to cancel even if I preordered online.

To cancel or make changes to your reserved pre-order, please contact the store at least one day after your order has been placed. Please note that you won’t be able to modify your order online once it’s been confirmed.

Can you cancel preorders made on ebgames.ca? Their website made it sounds like I have to go to a store to cancel even if I preordered online.

Did you preorder for in store pickup? I think you have to go to the store if you did. Otherwise, just reply to the the order email you received and they will cancel it.

jmoe316

Hey guys, last week i got a Samsung S7 Edge from Best Buy. Now i see they are giving away a Gear Vr and a 128 gb microSD card. I also see Samsung is giving away wireless headphones with new purchases for Fathers Day.

I am going to BB after work today but just curious what my odds will be that i can get the freebies from BB and/or can they return the phone and sell it again so I have a new receipt with a June purchase date for the Samsung offer.

Thanks.

Is the EB platinum membership "new game-return for store credit within 7 days" policy actual real? Ie honoured withtout hassle? Thinking it might be worth it

univbee

You can cancel by email, I've done that a few times, but it sometimes takes a few days to get a response so don't do it, like, the day before release.

Is the EB platinum membership "new game-return for store credit within 7 days" policy actual real? Ie honoured withtout hassle? Thinking it might be worth it

There is a disclaimer about not using any of the digital codes or something. Not sure how that is actually enforced though.

There is a disclaimer about not using any of the digital codes or something. Not sure how that is actually enforced though.

Thank you :)

Given the amount of e3 POs I didnt enjoy as much/long as I thought this year, this return policy sounds ideal (tho for the full price...)

univbee

I have my doubts that you could really enforce it reliably, except maybe for the games where the code is a scratch-off dealie.

SickBoy

It's pretty unclear, but I believe the EB fine print regarding digital content is actually meant to prevent people from trying to return actual digital purchases (like a prepaid game download).

lilty

Yup, I've done it. Works fine. One time exchange per game though, so keep that in mind.

Did you do this with a game that included digital content? I bought Overwatch and not really digging it, was thinking of returning it since I have a Platinum membership but wasn't sure if they would let me.

Kyolux

I personally wouldn't really bother using a code on a game I knew I would return within 7 days anyway. Like most of these are lame stuff anyway usually. But I guess it changes from a game to another.

ElNino

Hey guys, last week i got a Samsung S7 Edge from Best Buy. Now i see they are giving away a Gear Vr and a 128 gb microSD card. I also see Samsung is giving away wireless headphones with new purchases for Fathers Day.

I am going to BB after work today but just curious what my odds will be that i can get the freebies from BB and/or can they return the phone and sell it again so I have a new receipt with a June purchase date for the Samsung offer.

Thanks.
I've had good success in the past getting deals like that after the fact, but YMMV with mobile stuff. It's worth a shot.

killroy87

Did you do this with a game that included digital content? I bought Overwatch and not really digging it, was thinking of returning it since I have a Platinum membership but wasn't sure if they would let me.

I honestly can't remember, I rarely use those codes since 99% of the time it's garbage content. Even if I did, there's literally no way for them to check to see if a code's been used or not. Unless they have some secret function consumers don't have (they 99% don't), you can't check the validity of a code without redeeming it.

Sealtest

I love e3 time. It's the only time of the year when Amazon Canada puts games up the same day as the American site.

Injustice 2 and Watch Dogs 2 was just put up so here's hoping for that sweet sweet 30% preorder deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom