• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
Yeah, Bell really needs to start expanding their Fibre coverage. It seems like everywhere outside of Toronto only gets up to 50mbps, and I'm sure it gets even worse the further you go.

I'm in Scarborough, not that far from Kennedy station. But yeah it's so weird how Rogers will offer me 250Mbps and Bell can hardly reach 50 and it's like 2x the price. :|

suikodan

From RFD: BestBuy E3 Promotion: Get 30X Reward Zone Points (~25$ for a 80$ game)

Wow, they really want out of this. Hopefully Amazon will stay on track.

I wouldn't "really" mind about RZP except that they don't count them with my online purchases and you cannot redeem them online so they're useless for now.

explodet

From RFD: BestBuy E3 Promotion: Get 30X Reward Zone Points (~25$ for a 80$ game)
qOT5bPV.gif

Maddog

Everyone is putting too much faith in Amazon in my opinion. Now that they really don't need to compete with anyone, I really can't see them giving 30% off.

mdubs

Banned
Everyone is putting too much faith in Amazon in my opinion. Now that they really don't need to compete with anyone, I really can't see them giving 30% off.

This is what I said last year when Best Buy did 20% off, but Amazon came through randomly with the 30%. Hopefully history repeats

I mean, they didn't just do 30% off ONLY around E3. They even did it at random points during the year, and during Black Friday and I think Christmas season as well. Amazon knows how to one up BB

diaspora

True, but to be fair, Amazon's done 20-30% off preorder deals even long after E3 has ended iirc.

KarmaCow

Are there any or possible upcoming good deals on monitors? I'm not looking for anything crazy like 144hz or G-Sync I just need a good 1080p one to replace my dying monitor.

And Reward Zone certificates can only be used in stores. BB know what they're doing.

Yeah they also have an expiration date when you get the certificate. This is really unfortunate as this means if Amazon does do a deal ill need to sign up for Prime to avoid the shipping nightmares.

ohlawd

wow, just wow Best Buy. aight I'll still order from them for games I really, really, really want. that's 2-3 games max pre-E3. looks like Amazon's getting the bulk of my money unless they fuck up too

mdubs

Banned
So if P5 Collector's is eligible at Best Buy, that's $40 bucks ish back in reward zone coupons. If amazon doesn't come through I could live with that, but I would preorder many, many less games.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon would compete with BB, but if this is what BB has to offer this year, I'm expecting 20% off from Amazon (no CEs) at most.

i-Jest

Bestbuy just put Amazon in a very favourable position here. The only thing Amazon can do to fuck it up is have E3 promos be 20% off and/or make it a Prime exlusive deal.

Bestbuy just put Amazon in a very favourable position here. The only thing Amazon can do to fuck it up is have E3 promos be 20% off and/or make it a Prime exlusive deal.

If Amazon went 20% off they would still come out looking good in comparison. They did surprise us last year though.

Sealtest

I'm happy I got most of the games I wanted preordered last year. Just need both Pokemon and Shantae this year.

So aslong as Pokemon really should be $49.99 atleast i'll be paying $40 for each Pokemon.

hazukash

If you're buying an $80 dollar game, you're not getting more than $25-$30 in certificates. Every dollar spent gets you 1 point. 400 points = $5. Technically, 30x points (roughly 31-37% off an $80 game) is better than 30% off, but you don't really get your money back as you're forced to spend it again in a brick-and-mortar store. Your points are also locked for 36 days after shipping before a certificate is issued, and you need to use your certificates within 6 months.

If BB Canada's website wasn't terrible and accepted certificates, this might have been an ok deal. Now Amazon will make big money if they play their cards right as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom