• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a Tangerine MasterCard for everyday use and Amazon Visa for international use. IMO best free credit card combo as it gives you both types of cards and solid returns (2% back on 2-3 categories of purchases, 2% back on Amazon purchases, 1% back on all other purchases, and no international transaction fees).

Yeah there's no reason why you can't have at least one MC and Visa.

jcutner

Traded in Uncharted 4 and The Division for $38 each at Best Buy, then put that towards Doom. I had them pricematch Amazon.ca, since Best Buy's sale price for Doom doesn't kick in until Monday, so it wound up being $46.99 after the price match.

zroid

Banned
Traded in Uncharted 4 and The Division for $38 each at Best Buy, then put that towards Doom. I had them pricematch Amazon.ca, since Best Buy's sale price for Doom doesn't kick in until Monday, so it wound up being $46.99 after the price match.

$38 seems higher than what new release TIVs used to be

are they actually accounting for the MSRP increases? colour me surprised.

No_Style

Wow. The Division is still $38? That's impressive.

TheExodu5

Banned
True, though you should note that is not the superclocked (SC) edition. The SC is here: http://www.ncix.com/detail/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-sc-38-131608.htm

The SC version is $60 more for nothing. It's an identical card, just with no factory overclock.

If you're going to spend more money, get the FTW or another competitor's card, since they'll have custom PCB layouts, better VRM, and more power delivery.

For now, I've put a pre-order down for the ACX 3.0 in store. I might switch over to the Asus Strix depending on the pricing. The ACX 3.0 is the best buy out there currently though, especially considering voltage doesn't seem to limit the overclocks at the moment. That could change when custom BIOSes come out, though.

FluxWaveZ

Is there a way to cancel a Future Shop CA order online? I keep getting emails reminding me of a pre-order I've had for years, but all links redirect me to Best Buy, where that actual order isn't in my account.

Kieli

PS4 Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is 59.99 Canadian on PlayStation store vs 79.99 in stores.... First time I have seen a digital copy on launch get such a discount

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...asir/cid=UP0177-CUSA05083_00-ODINSPHERELE0000

Vita is also cheaper too 39.99 vs 59.99 in store

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...asir/cid=UP0177-PCSE00899_00-ODINSPHERELE0000

Too bad no cross buy or I'd pick it up

80 bucks is an absurd for a 10 year old port of a game that's highly repetitious.

FluxWaveZ

Wouldn't say it qualifies as a remake.

More of a remaster/update.

I've only played the demo, but all accounts I had heard was that basically the entire game was revamped in Leifthrasir. Like, the original game didn't have platforming segments, while this one does. I'd say that's pretty significant.

Though remaster might be more accurate, never really thought about the definition of "remake" before. Certainly not "port," though.

No you have to phone in

Thanks, guess I'll have to do that.

For Amazon I'm safe to grab Battlefield now if I want to take advantage of 20% on preorders during E3 right? I ask because of the one big order thing. Probably a stupid question but I want to be sure.

Lexxism

What is the best CC with the best reward/cash back in Quebec?
Are you okay with annual fee? There's quite a good 2% cashback credit card out there like: MBNA Rewards World Elite ($89), BMO World Elite($150), Capital One World Elite($150).

Or you could get the Tangerine MC which can give your 2% cashback on your chosen 3 categories.

Renewed

Is there a way to cancel a Future Shop CA order online? I keep getting emails reminding me of a pre-order I've had for years, but all links redirect me to Best Buy, where that actual order isn't in my account.

I submitted an CS form for my order saying it was a Future Shop order and I wanted to cancel it. They cancelled it the next day.

Lexxism

No interest in a Walmart credit card.
It's a pretty shit credit card. It's a waste of time getting the card.
Earn 1.25% of your purchases in Walmart Rewards when you shop Walmart stores in Canada.8
Earn 1% of your purchases in Walmart Rewards anywhere else MasterCard® is accepted

There are far better mastercard like Tangerine MC which easily beat the card if you have a grocery category on the card. You get 2% cashback on every purchases you do at Walmart. Walmart Supercentre is considered as a grocery.

killroy87

Has anyone had experience cancelling orders on Wamart.ca?

I ordered a copy of Watch Dogs, but then (like, 5 minutes later), decided to cancel it and go to Amazon instead just so everything is consistent. I went to cancel my order (they have some dumb 30 minute window, which I was well within), and the status changed from "order in progress" to "cancellation in progress". Okay, great.

But then the order randomly went back to "order in progress", and I couldn't cancel it. I called them and they assured me the order was cancelled, but it's super weird that it's still currently showing up as a live order on the site.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Fou-Lu

So I had a big cart of games preordered through Amazon during some sale that I can't even remember. It lists the price as one big price, but each game has an individual price underneath it that adds up to $100 more than my total, so what would I be charged for each game as it comes out?

So I had a big cart of games preordered through Amazon during some sale that I can't even remember. It lists the price as one big price, but each game has an individual price underneath it that adds up to $100 more than my total, so what would I be charged for each game as it comes out?

You'll be charged the individual price for the game you see under the game, minus whatever discount deal you got (20% or 30% depending on what sale it was) They will send an e-mail when a game from the order ships detailing exactly what you pay.

what does your promo say in the right hand side? it should tell you if there was a % promo that should be easy to maths your way through.

kevin1025

Banned

So if a game is listed as $79.99 in your order, and you have the 30% discount, you'd pay $55.99 + tax and shipping (or no shipping if you chose free shipping). The total price on the order is everything combined with the discount, and the tally under Order Details on the right hand side gives you a better breakdown.

Magnus

Did we seriously miss that Paperwhite deal by like, 2 mins? When we clicked through to it 5 mins ago,it said In stock. Failed on check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom