• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the Neo affect whether you buy VC Remastered or not? Unless you don't already have a PS4 and might buy the Neo?
I do not have a PS4 and might buy the Neo.

I am also used to high framerates and settings on PC, so if I could get a boost from 30fps to 45-60fps in games, I'd like to.

F4r0_Atak

I am also used to high framerates and settings on PC, so if I could get a boost from 30fps to 45-60fps in games, I'd like to.

You should still get Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, cause the steelbook edition were for the first batch only. Also, if you didn't know already the game is already 1080p 60fps on PS4.

Also, not all games will be updated. Games that were released before the end of September 2016 will be a case by case scenario, as publishers will get the choice wether or not they should update their games.

Got it. Though it seems very unlikely that the Neo will improve VC Remastered specifically, as improvements have to be coded in from the beginning or patched in, and I doubt Sega will go the extra mile here unless there's a simple switch to flip 4K rendering on without a big framerate drop. If you're only concerned about the steelbook, get a copy while you can. If you're concerned about getting the best possible performance, you might as well buy the PC version anyways (although the PS4 version does have some marginal improvements over vanilla PC).

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that with a better GPU and such games would automatically gain a few frames, even if not specifically given a "Neo" mode - similar to how swapping a new GPU into a PC would increase performance in games slightly.

Also, please keep in mind that I also plan on getting Uncharted 4, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2 (and 1 if I can get physical) and some others like Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and possibly other exclusives down the line.

You should still get Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, cause the steelbook edition were for the first batch only.

That was my question - is there anywhere in Canada or a Canadian seller online that is confirmed to still be selling the steelbook edition? Or is it completely random and I would have to take a chance?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that with a better GPU and such games would automatically gain a few frames, even if not specifically given a "Neo" mode - similar to how swapping a new GPU into a PC would increase performance in games slightly.

Also, please keep in mind that I also plan on getting Uncharted 4, Persona 5, Gravity Rush 2 (and 1 if I can get physical) and some others like Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and possibly other exclusives down the line.

I'd be surprised if this happened. Most if not all console games aren't made to be flexible; they're made to work in a specific way on specific hardware. Some games might automatically have performance gains with the Neo, but I wouldn't count on it.

mdubs

Banned
That was my question - is there anywhere in Canada or a Canadian seller online that is confirmed to still be selling the steelbook edition? Or is it completely random and I would have to take a chance?

Iirc they should all be steelbook. I bought one from Best Buy on Friday

Quick

Banned
Any good deals on PS+ subs going around right now? My sub expires next month.

Is there any interest at all on the Killzone Helghast cloaked sniper figures that were packaged with the Killzone 3 Limited Edition set?

41gWWjBkiML._SY300_.jpg

SSReborn

Any good deals on PS+ subs going around right now? My sub expires next month.

Is there any interest at all on the Killzone Helghast cloaked sniper figures that were packaged with the Killzone 3 Limited Edition set?

41gWWjBkiML._SY300_.jpg

lol those things were given away in the plenty at either one of Sony's holiday events or Fan Expo. I swear I had at least 5 of them at my house at one point.

Quick

Banned
lol those things were given away in the plenty at either one of Sony's holiday events or Fan Expo. I swear I had at least 5 of them at my house at one point.

lol Same. The Sony reps at Fan Expo basically dished them out en masse on the last day of the convention. I gave a few to friends.

I was gonna post it in the Free To A Good Home thread, but I'd rather keep it local and within the GTA if possible for cheap shipping.

Lexxism

iirc, there's basically never PS+ deals, ever. At best like $3-4 off at costco or something.

Well, not since PS4 launched and it became mandatory.

A lot of people stacked like 5+ years during the PS3 years when they were selling it for like 40 bucks.
You guys totally forgot the $30 PS+ sale on 2013 Boxing day. Too bad I only bought 2 cards. I made a mistake on that.

The most recent was probably the coupon error by Staples. 2 1yr PS+ for $80.

CRA5H

How easy is it to change your credit card info on existing e3 orders with both BB and Amazon?

I remember hearing horror stories with BB/FS when it came to changing CC info but that was a while ago. Will they give me grief still?

Lexxism

How easy is it to change your credit card info on existing e3 orders with both BB and Amazon?
Very easy on Amazon. A little hassle on BB side

BB: You have to call their customer service

Amazon: Do it online, give them a chat, or call them

ohlawd

I remember hearing horror stories with BB/FS when it came to changing CC info but that was a while ago. Will they give me grief still?

if nothing's been charged on your BB order, it's easy to change your info. gotta call otherwise, it's not that painful

FrsDvl

Is anyone aware of the Canadian pricing for the Radeon RX 480? I can't seem to find any information regarding the Canadian price.

CRA5H

Very easy on Amazon. A little hassle on BB side

BB: You have to call their customer service

Amazon: Do it online, give them a chat, or call them

if nothing's been charged on your BB order, it's easy to change your info. gotta call otherwise, it's not that painful
Just finished getting my info changed for my BB orders. It was actually quite hassle free. That's a first..

Thanks!

khaaan

You guys totally forgot the $30 PS+ sale on 2013 Boxing day. Too bad I only bought 2 cards. I made a mistake on that.

The most recent was probably the coupon error by Staples. 2 1yr PS+ for $80.

I'm kicking myself over not buying more of those cards when Target had a sale on them.

Hey was Rise of The Tomb Raider for PS4 formerly announced on ps4 over the weekend and I missed it?

Cuz it's on Amazon to pre-order now.

Its 80 bucks btw and not a goty edition or w.e lol

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01GW6ZLJU/

Glad you pointed out it's not a game of the year edition.

I would wait on this to go $29 by black friday or boxing day. Awesome game buts its old now, and we are in a post-UC4 world as hawk noted.

Sealtest

they don't charge you on delivery, if it arrived fedex you'll get a letter 2 weeks from now for $10-$15. They did it to me and all I bought was a shirt.

Luigi87

they don't charge you on delivery, if it arrived fedex you'll get a letter 2 weeks from now for $10-$15. They did it to me and all I bought was a shirt.

Oh dang, well I'll keep an eye out. If I do, which will suck, going forward I'll use a cross border service (since I live an hour from the border).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom