• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

? It's definitely available in Canada, it even shows the Canadian price at $100 instead of $80.

fuck me, you're right. false alarm. the hell, I was logged in and it still lead me to the US page. just gotta change the US part in the URL to CA

aight Chewie, don't go too crazy lol

TheExodu5

Banned
NCIX had the 1070 Gigabyte G1 Gaming listed for $570. If you go to the product page however, it's $550.

That's the best price we've seen here. Way more reasonable than the $650 MSI Gaming X.

I went to the store and am on the reservation list for this card.

NCIX had the 1070 Gigabyte G1 Gaming listed for $570. If you go to the product page however, it's $550.

That's the best price we've seen here. Way more reasonable than the $650 MSI Gaming X.

I just saw that. I would buy one at $550. No NCIX stores near me so I'll just wait and see how it plays out... but it's encouraging to see.

Ooo thanks for the heads up. I'll hit up my local NCIX and do the same thing then

Fularu

Banned
I can't wait for the R480 price to be known so that I can retire my 970 and get close to 1070 performance for half the price (if the leaks are true)

daevv

I got my Amazon Mighty No 9 pre-order from last years buy 3 and get 30% canceled through a CSR in a online chat. Tried on the App and website to do it but got errors.

I've only pre-ordered two games so far this year. Battlefield 1 and Ghost Recon Wildlands. Both from the $49 section. Waiting on Sony's conference tonight to see if anything else comes out I want before doing a large 3-4 game 20% off pre-order.

Returners

When you use your RZ certificates to buy something and then you're returning it, do you get the certs value back in form of at least a gift card or something?

zroid

Banned
you do get gift cards, in the past when BB gave out RZ points like candy for buying and pre-ordering stuff, I used to spend them on random things and return them just so I could use the gift cards for online purchases

KarmaCow

I'm really confused right now, anyone in the Toronto/Scarborough area get a call from Bell offering a TV/Internet/Phone plan for ~$100? I got one on Wednesday, thought it was a scammer pretending to be Bell but not only did they not really get any info from me, they recited info on me (stuff that I would expect Bell to have from being a previous customer) and also followed the same Bell sales cadence/language. I ordered it but the person didn't come to install it on Saturday so I called Bell about it. They said no one had setup that order in the system.

Through talking to them about it, they couldn't get me the same order but tried to setup a similar order though at almost double the price. Like the first order, they had all the info on me already that I would expect Bell to have without asking for anything more. I reserved that order without confirming it despite not really wanting it since I might as well have that plan locked down for a week in case I change my mind.

I wrote the first person calling off as a weird scam but now today someone called about the original order. They explained that the person didn't come on Saturday because the plan they had setup was invalid since I didn't get one of the services in my area but they changed it slightly to make it fit and wanted to confirm I wanted it. I'm just baffled now because if it was genuine, then how was this not told to me on Saturday and if it's a scam where they don't actually get any info from me, why would they call back days after the fact to apologize? What makes it even more bizarre is that another person called to confirm the second order I made on Saturday, only this time saying what was promised in the second was not possible, again since I don't get it in my area for some reason. Also, I didn't have until Friday to confirm, but only today, pressuring me into confirming this new order that was not what I talked about with anyone.

Because of some bullshit like how they could not possibly offer me anything above 5Mb/s despite having more than that when I was a Bell customer in the past, I just said fuck it and let the offer expire but I'm mostly just confused as to what the fuck happened.

I'm really confused right now, anyone in the Toronto/Scarborough area get a call from Bell offering a TV/Internet/Phone plan for ~$100? I got one on Wednesday, thought it was a scammer pretending to be Bell but not only did they not really get any info from me, they recited info on me (stuff that I would expect Bell to have from being a previous customer) and also followed the same Bell sales cadence/language. I ordered it but the person didn't come to install it on Saturday so I called Bell about it. They said no one had setup that order in the system.

Through talking to them about it, they couldn't get me the same order but tried to setup a similar order though at almost double the price. Like the first order, they had all the info on me already that I would expect Bell to have without asking for anything more. I reserved that order without confirming it despite not really wanting it since I might as well have that plan locked down for a week in case I change my mind.

I wrote the first person calling off as a weird scam but now today someone called about the original order. They explained that the person didn't come on Saturday because the plan they had setup was invalid since I didn't get one of the services in my area but they changed it slightly to make it fit and wanted to confirm I wanted it. I'm just baffled now because if it was genuine, then how was this not told to me on Saturday and if it's a scam where they don't actually get any info from me, why would they call back days after the fact to apologize? What makes it even more bizarre is that another person called to confirm the second order I made on Saturday, only this time saying what was promised in the second was not possible, again since I don't get it in my area for some reason. Also, I didn't have until Friday to confirm, but only today, pressuring me into confirming this new order that was not what I talked about with anyone.

Because of some bullshit like how they could not possibly offer me anything above 5Mb/s despite having more than that when I was a Bell customer in the past, I just said fuck it and let the offer expire but I'm mostly just confused as to what the fuck happened.

Bell also has people going door to door selling services so it could have been legit and a mistake

Gitaroo

you do get gift cards, in the past when BB gave out RZ points like candy for buying and pre-ordering stuff, I used to spend them on random things and return them just so I could use the gift cards for online purchases

can confirm, I got gift card in the past.

Hahaha...loving the posts in this thread. I feel the love, and am kind of glad/surprised you guys don't hate me. I'm sure I can be annoying.

I'm okay. Loved seeing the controller stuff today, but $249.99 for a Gears Elite is probably far too much for me to justify. I'm going to customize a controller, though, and love how the grips are now default.

I haven't spent anything yet, and am actually lucky because I'm at E3 through a connection.

I-hate-u

Am I crazy, or are the E3 deals this year terrible?

Doesn't Amazon usually have better deals on pre-ordering multiple titles during E3?

Doesn't Amazon usually have better deals on pre-ordering multiple titles during E3?

Best not to dwell on past sales....

/cries

I actually turned on my Amazon.com prime trial just so I could get the last guardian ce at a discount. If that thing is $119.99 usd I don't even want to think what the price will be here.

...$169.99?

UberTag

You're not crazy. Amazon was offering better deals in between E3s for no reason whatsoever than what they're offering now.

No_Style

Followed Lexxus' lead and pre-ordered a surprising amount. Likely cancelling most of it closer to their respective release dates unless there's a price error though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom