• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I got it when it was $10 during one of the sales. Man the pacing in the game is so horrible. It's so slow and boring. Doesn't seem like a thing to pick up if you are looking for a fun shooter.
I've been away from Steam gaming so long that now I'm looking at this sale and back to thinking "man, is this even worth six whole dollars?"

Decided against it for Rivals and The Order, on the fence about Dragon Age. Everyone seemed to love it when it came out but then seemingly people turned on it IIRC?

Dragon Age is super long and tedious. The combat is mediocre at best but relatively easy to exploit and break. The only thing it has going for it is that it's a pretty long ass RPG. On par with Witcher 3 or longer, subpar in every other respect.

If you are into dragon age lore you can play it. If you enjoyed the Witcher, probably should just buy some dlc for it instead.

superbad

Ori and the Blind Forest is supposed to come out today at retail for Xbox One. Has anybody seen copies in stores?

I'm thinking it's a similar situation to Gravity Rush Remastered and won't come out in Canada.

Any insight is appreciated!

I've checked every Canadian site I know of, with no luck. I'd love a physical copy of this game.

IndustryX

My list is grossly long

NBA 2K17 Legend
NHL 17
FIFA 17
Civ 6
Battlefield 1
Titanfall 2
South Park
Mafia 3
Dishonored 2
Cod Infinite Warfare LegacyEdition
Last Guardian

2017+

Mass Effect Andromeda
Spider-Man
God of War
Detroit Become Human
Ghost Recon: WildLands
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Prey
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Persona 5
Horizon: Zero Dawn

Will probably end up cancelling a few of them and quite a few are a ways out still.. So much money being spent :s

N° 2048

My 2014, 2015, and 2016 combined list. Only games releasing from today forward.

Mighty No. 9 Wiiu June 21, 2016
No Man's Sky August 9, 2016
Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom August 30 2016
Mafia III Oct 7, 2016
World of Final Fantasy VITA Oct 25, 2016
The Last Guardian Oct 25, 2016
Battlefield 1 Oct 21, 2016
Dishonored 2 Nov 11, 2016
Watch_Dogs 2 Nov 15, 2016
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8
South Park Dec 6, 2016
Boo & Rosalina Amiibo Nov 4, 2016
WaLuigi * Wario
Loading Human Jan 2, 2017
RE 7 Jan 24, 2017
For Honor Feb 14, 2017
Persona 5 Feb 14, 2017
Horizon Feb 28, 2017
Zelda
Adr1ft
For Honor
Kingdom Hearts 3
FF XV
FF XII
Sea of Thieves
Recore
Scalebound
Mass Effect 4
FFVII Remake
Gears 4
Crackdown
Nier
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Spiderman
Detroit
God of War
Prey

Am I missing anything? :p

Past

Sorry for being late to the party, but am I missing something with the Amazon E3 deals? Why are people overhyping it? It's only 20% off, wasn't last year 30% off?

ohlawd

Sorry for being late to the party, but am I missing something with the Amazon E3 deals? Why are people overhyping it? It's only 20% off, wasn't last year 30% off?

I'm holding two things

my left hand has something

my right hand has nothing

if you want to quantify my left hand, it'd be a positive result

now tell me

which hand do you take?

I got to use the Xbox One S today, and it's pretty beautiful. The texture on the top and side vents is really unique controller also feels a bit weird, but is pretty nice. Its back textured grips aren't as prominent as the ones we're used to now, though, as it's more like the plastic is texturized. That, I'm not a huge fan of.

I also saw and touched a bunch of the custom controller creations, some of which looked really neat.

I hate to say it, though, but they do feel a bit cheaper. The controller as a whole, I mean. That said, I even feel that way when I go back to a regular Xbox One controller after using one with the current grips.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know it's E3 time, but I'm just wondering... anyone receive their DOA from Play Asia yet? At this point I don't know what to think.

Faenix1

Where's the best place to get older-ish games?

I've been waiting for the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 2.5 on PS4 but I'm starting to give up. Had a look and noticed it's Greatest Hits versions everywhere now so I think it's about time I rush and grab it. I'd rather not get stuck with a greatest hit 2.5 when I have the normal 1.5. So is ebay still the best place to get second hand, or should I try one of those local swap facebook groups?

So with Walmart having Titan fall 2 at $49, I wonder what Amazon will do with people who currently preordered it at 20% off if they adjust their price to match that.

So with Walmart having Titan fall 2 at $49, I wonder what Amazon will do with people who currently preordered it at 20% off if they adjust their price to match that.

With how people are describing the deal it sounds like if Titanfall 2 does go down to $49.99 you won't get 20% off even if you already had an order in.

Edit: Yeah, GAF is laggy as fuck. I would have thought the worst day would have been Monday.

MikeyMike

Only got 3 pre-orders this year... not very hyped compared to the last couple of years. I got :

- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- Persona 5
- FFXII

hmm Dark Souls 2 PS4 for $20 on PSN, cheapest its been for canada?

i already have Bloodborne which i enjoy, and played a bit of DS couple weeks ago on XB1 and liked. Is DS2 worth it?

Yort

i already have Bloodborne which i enjoy, and played a bit of DS couple weeks ago on XB1 and liked. Is DS2 worth it?

I've played Demon's, Dark 1 and Dark 2 SotFS, and I really enjoyed all of them. I bit on DS2 last summer for $25 on Greenman Gaming, and it was well worth it. I think if you like the series there is still a lot to like about 2, even if people seem to like it the least in the series. The DLC that is included in the SotFS version is also very good, generally better liked than the main game.

i-Jest

I think The Source had it for around the same price last year. Dried up quick when people found out.

Is there any way to get my hands on a physical version of Gravity Rush Remastered without paying double its MSRP?

Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Usually during E3 is when I experiment and preorder different games, games that I normally wouldn't buy. But since this year the sale isn't that impressive I've stuck to the dude bro genres that I'm comfortable with.

My orders ended up being,

BF1
Madden 17
NBA2k17
Mafia3
and Cod

farisr

Might not be new but XB1 Sea of Thieves is $40 for some reason, discount also available.
Wow, yet another game in the "I was probably gonna cancel it, but with my big discount from last year being applied to the price drop, it'd be stupid not to at least try it" club.

So far from these wonderful pricedrops I'm getting these games for (including taxes):
Gears 4 - $23
Ghost Recon Wildlands - $23
Sea Of Thieves - $18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom