• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptwo

Has anyone spotted the Titanfall 2 Cosplay Edition at any Canadian retailers? I've got one preordered from amazon.com, but I'd rather lock in a Canadian preorder as well if I can.

poodpick

Reposting from the other thread:

Just got done chatting with amazon and they told me that Nioh and Gravity Rush 2 are not currently in the promotion and they don't even know when they'll be listed on the site if ever.

BadWolf

Reposting from the other thread:

Just got done chatting with amazon and they told me that Nioh and Gravity Rush 2 are not currently in the promotion and they don't even know when they'll be listed on the site if ever.

Damn.

Those were the only two I had left to pre-order.

UberTag

... Here is hoping they aren't doing with GR2 like they did with GRR and not releasing it physically in Canada...
Stands to reason that it's possible given Sony Canada's established precedent of keeping certain first-party titles and collector's editions out of retail.

Luigi87

KZLECEP.png

You can see around the edge of the image where you peel it, lol

MikeyB

It's so annoying that EB doesn't price match. I preordered No Man's Sky with them and now Amazon is offering it at 20% off. So annoying.

Magnus

Best not to dwell on past sales....

/cries

I actually turned on my Amazon.com prime trial just so I could get the last guardian ce at a discount. If that thing is $119.99 usd I don't even want to think what the price will be here.

...$169.99?

I'm pretty sure that was the Overwatch CE pricing in the US/Canada. $119 or $129 US, and $169 CDN. Sucks.

Maddog

Yes, agreed. Just obnoxious. It seems like EB games tries to be difficult sometimes.

Just because they don't price match is absolutely no indicator that a business is trying to be difficult. They have a policy and they stick to it. You preordered with them and this information was available to you.

kevin1025

Banned
I mentioned it in the E3 deals thread, but figured I mention it here, too:

It looks like the Amazon 20% thing is broken. It's either that games are coming out as 19.5% discounts, or that a certain game only rings out as 10%. The customer support person I talked to said that it is a "technical error" and that the promotion and marketing team have been notified, but I don't know if it'll get fixed or not.

If you talk to them you might be able to get a promotional credit for the difference.

Kieli

Very reasonable price on the GTX 1070 (compared to the other cards, anyway).

It seems only NCIX is offering them, however.

trebbble

The one game I really wanted to pick up in the PSN flash sale, MGSV, is way more expensive in Canada for some reason.

In the US, it's 27.99 for plus members.

In Canada, it's 52.49

:(

Kiro

Paper mario
Pokémon
Resi 7
Days gone
Titan fall 2
God of war
South park
Spiderman
Persona 5

Did I miss anything worthwhile that's new at this e3? (Ps4 and nintendo)

Will more be announced? No rdr2 in sight.

Nicodemic

Ori and the Blind Forest is supposed to come out today at retail for Xbox One. Has anybody seen copies in stores?

I'm thinking it's a similar situation to Gravity Rush Remastered and won't come out in Canada.

Any insight is appreciated!

Firestorm

I went with:
  • Pokémon Sun
  • Death Stranding
  • Detroit
  • Resident Evil 7
  • Days Gone
The last two are just in case. Probably cancelling as I'm not big into RE7 and I think I'm pretty done with the Days Gone scenario at this point unless it's TLOU-good.

poodpick

Is anyone else having problems pre-ordering Gravity Rush 2 on the best buy website? I get this error:

The following errors occurred:
We're sorry, one or more items in your order are not available for shipment but may be available for Reserve and Pick Up. Please remove Gravity Rush 2 (PS4) from your cart to proceed with this order. If you would still like the item(s), please Reserve them separately on the product page(s). (0107)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom