• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Deal? Kinda. Probably just a price drop.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is $20 at EB. It's not on the site anymore, but I've seen it at multiple EBs here in Toronto. This game has held it's price for quite some time. If you've been waiting for it to drop, now the time to pick it up, as it'll probably be gone once EB sells what few remaining copies they have.

Just got an email from Amazon about them miscalculating my discount on ReCore ordered last year. They updated the price to $39.99, and this should be before the double 30% discount I got last year as my order total went down about $5. Thanks for the miscalculation Amazon, and giving me the American price.

ohlawd

Just got an email from Amazon about them miscalculating my discount on ReCore ordered last year. They updated the price to $39.99, and this should be before the double 30% discount I got last year as my order total went down about $5. Thanks for the miscalculation Amazon, and giving me the American price.

same. $31 for Recore including taxes is nice

Samemind

Do we know that last year's discount will kick in on top of that? I was in the process of checking the numbers to see if I wasn't getting screwed by the possibility that it was assumed to be only 20% off the current price.

ohlawd

Do we know that last year's discount will kick in on top of that? I was in the process of checking the numbers to see if I wasn't getting screwed by the possibility that it was assumed to be only 20% off the current price.
yes it does. Recore is the last of my order a year ago and the numbers match $39.99 - 30% off in my total

Well my overall order total went down, and it would have gone up if they dropped it $10 and took away the discount. So yes, the discount still works.

-Deimos

I'm an idiot for not pre-ordering recore last year. Oh well, just made a giant order. I'm looking forward to canceling them all.

SickBoy

No, Nintendo, I won't be paying $42 for Rhythm Heaven Megamix. It's probably decent value, and I'll probably love it, but I can wait until it goes on sale, since you're going to try to take an extra 10% on the exchange.

(Also, thanks for making it a digital exclusive, I've been waiting for Amazon to put it up and hadn't been following the news. Grr.)

OK, I'm done talking to Nintendo like they're watching this thread now.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Guys sorry for being too lazy, but can anyone tell me best place to pre-order games this year? Amazon, BB? I have about 4-5 in mind.

edit

Horizon
GOW
Mass Effect
TLG

So the trick of cancelling items in Amazon orders that do not want to be cancelled through normal website is dead? I tried through the mobile app and mobile website and I can't cancel anything...

F4r0_Atak

Here's my final list this year!

1st order
1x Persona 5: Take your Heart edition ( since it doesn't have a 20% off applied on it, I don't think I should have a problem with it)

2nd order
2x Battlefield 1 (one for me, one for my brother-in-law)

3rd order (This is where the meat of my pre-orders is)

1x South Park: The Fractured But Whole.............( Amazon / PS4 ) • Couldn't pass on the free South Park: Stick of Truth (PS4) that comes with when the game ships
1x Dishonored 2................................................( Amazon / PS4 ) • Couldn't also pass on the free Dishonored (PS4) that also comes with when the sequel ships
1x Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.............................( Amazon / PS4 ) • After having tried the demo, I am convinced I am making the right decision. :p
1x Dragon Quest Builders..................................( Amazon / PS4 ) • Played the Japanese demo and loved it. Can't seriously wait for it.
1x Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age..................( Amazon / PS4 ) • Knew it was coming. I was just waiting for the right moment to make my move. :p
1x Days Gone..................................................( Amazon / PS4 ) • Loved the trailer, the setting and the gameplay they showed so far (different paths and all)
1x Death Stranding...........................................( Amazon / PS4 ) • A Kojima Production game... I have blind faith on this one.
1x Detroit: Become Human................................( Amazon / PS4 ) • Loved the detective/CSI part of Heavy Rain. The trailer convinced me easily.
1x God of War..................................................( Amazon / PS4 ) • Love the Viking/Nordic setting
1x Gravity Rush 2.............................................( BestBuy + Amazon in case they price match BB / PS4 ) • Just finished and platinumed the first one recently. I am hyped for this one to come out.
1x Spider-Man..................................................( Amazon / PS4 ) • Insomniac Games' name sold me on the premise of the game. Especially after Ratchet and Clank and Sunset Overdrive.
1x No Man's Sky...............................................( Amazon / PS4 ) • Missed the E3 promo last year... that and my GF loves what she saw of the game so far. :p

1x Pokemon Sun..............................................( Amazon / 3DS ) • Taking both games. Depending of the exclusive mons of each game, my GF will want the other one.
1x Pokemon Moon............................................( Amazon / 3DS ) • Highly inclined to play this one over the other.

Guys sorry for being too lazy, but can anyone tell me best place to pre-order games this year? Amazon, BB? I have about 4-5 in mind.

edit

Horizon
GOW
Mass Effect
TLG

Amazon... easy for me. Despite having some issues when it comes to shipping certain games, they usually come a day or two later. Even if you change your mind regarding your pre-orders, they are very easy to cancel. That and... if the retail price change by accident (which seems to have happened quite a few times with Amazon), you are elligible to the lowest pre-order price guarantee (like BestBuy).

Noahd41

Neo Member
How do we get the Amazon deal? Pretty much all the games are listed at full price...

I want to put my name on deus ex, dishonored and spider man as well as God of war....

Firestorm

Here's my final list this year!

1st order
1x Persona 5: Take your Heart edition ( since it doesn't have a 20% off applied on it, I don't think I should have a problem with it)
Wouldn't it be a good idea to go with Best Buy on this one so you get the Reward Zone points at least?
How do we get the Amazon deal? Pretty much all the games are listed at full price...

I want to put my name on deus ex, dishonored and spider man as well as God of war....
Add to cart and check out.

Tapejara

List of shame:

Best Buy

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Legacy Edition
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5

Amazon

Days Gone
Death Stranding
Detroid: Become Human
Dragon Quest Builders
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age*
For Honor*
Grow Up
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
Kingdom Hearts 2.8*
Mafia 3
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
Prey
Resident Evil 7
Scalebound
Titanfall 2*
World of Final Fantasy*

* = will probably cancel

i-Jest

Curious, for those that are importing, are people still keeping their Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Special Edition pre-orders?

Also, how fast do Square Enix games drop in price? I'm thinking about canceling the pre-order.

killroy87

Curious, for those that are importing, are people still keeping their Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Special Edition pre-orders?

Also, how fast do Square Enix games drop in price? I'm thinking about canceling the pre-order.

Square Enix games? Pretty fast. Nintendo games? That's a different story.

ohlawd

hell yeah I am. keeping my Amazon.com LE for sure

just wait a while. oh man $20 for FFXII. Can get soooooo many hours out of it at that price

Has anybody been able to find Dragon Quest VII (3DS) on Amazon CA yet? I can find DQ VIII with the 20% off E3 deal, but not VII. I figured I'd see if the detectives at GAF were able to see what I cannot!

Kalren

I have used this one for a little over a year now and really like it.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ENFVJJO/

This is the one I use as well. Funny thing is that I had ordered 2 at the same time (one for my brother) and both died at the same time just prior to the 1 yr warranty expiring. Company replaced them no problem(after a few pictures and receipts were sent). The replacements have been solid and it seems like they updated to design slightly(the power adapter was a different model with the same connector can't say if the charging unit changed though my guess is yes).

I'd still recommend this model despite having it die on me (I have 2 in my home and my brother has 1 as well).

bryt

Damn I'm going to have to cancel my RE7 order. I played the demo yesterday and by the end of it I almost puked due to motion sickness. Why does this game give me motion sickness when other FPSs like Bioshock Infinite/Fallout 4 doesn't. :(

superbad

Not sure if anyone cares about Mighty No. 9 anymore, but since it's out next week, does anyone know if the Wii U version supports the Pro Controller?

I've got it pre-ordered, but no Pro support is a deal-breaker for this type of game.

List of Future Financial Burden

Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel 2
Resident Evil 7
Titanfall 2 (PS4)
Gran Turismo Sport *
Dead Rising 4
Injustice 2 *
South Park The Fractured But Whole
Project Diva X
God Eater 2
Forza Horizon 3
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (might go digital and get the legacy edition)
Days Gone *
Death Stranding
Prey *
Spider-Man
Detroit
Gravity Rush 2
Steep
Final Fantasy XII *
God of War
Pyscho Pass Mandatory Happiness
SMT IV Apocalypse

+ FFXV, Watch Dogs 2, and Ghost Recon Wildlands at $49.99

* - might cancel

I want FFXV and Persona 5 at midnight, but my local EB Games closing down puts the closet one for me 15-20 minutes away by train at Yonge & Dundas here in Toronto. God damn it

i-Jest

List of Future Financial Burden

I want FFXV and Persona 5 at midnight, but my local EB Games closing down puts the closet one for me 15-20 minutes away by train at Yonge & Dundas here in Toronto. God damn it

The one across from Eaton Centre? Isn't that the flagship store? Which one closed down? I've never known an EB to close down in Toronto.

Bilollipop

What is this.
9Z9tdn9.jpg
Even Zelda isn't $89.99.

kevin1025

Banned
I just received an Amazon promotion code because of pre-ordering Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Anyone else get one, too? It doesn't even mention what it's for, and it's one digit too long to be a PSN code.

I'm guessing a beta code maybe?

Quick

Banned
I just received an Amazon promotion code because of pre-ordering Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Anyone else get one, too? It doesn't even mention what it's for, and it's one digit too long to be a PSN code.

Same here. I haven't actually tried it yet though, didn't know it was too long to be a PSN code.

I'm guessing you'd have to register it on the COD website to get a code valid on PSN.

Yeah I got one too and beta code seems right.

kevin1025

Banned
Same here. I haven't actually tried it yet though, didn't know it was too long to be a PSN code.

I'm guessing you'd have to register it on the COD website to get a code valid on PSN.

Yeah I got one too and beta code seems right.

I just checked around, it seems like the redeeming site isn't active yet and that the beta is still being kept quiet, outside of a retailer leak. So I guess we hold onto them. Likely it'll be revealed at the COD XP thing that's in September.

ohlawd

Is Shantae not available for pre-order anywhere yet??

not yet. BB may not have the game up by tonight. Amazoooon
Don't expect Shantae on best buy tonight. Just tweeted me saying they have zero info about that game.

lol good thing I don't understand the logistics behind ordering between retailers and pubs and shit

XSEED: whatchu want fam?
BB: yo XSEED you know that Shantae game? can you hook us up?
XSEED: say no more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom