• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible

Banned
Just paid $45 brokerage fee for an item I bought for $75. Damn you UPS ;_;

UPS is pretty savage with that. I won't even order stuff from outside of Canada if they're using anything other than regular mail. If it doesn't say what they ship with and their customer service can't tell me I just don't bother.

Clive

Just paid $45 brokerage fee for an item I bought for $75. Damn you UPS ;_;

Canada Post may be much slower but I have never ever been charged a single cent for any of my imports delivered by them. If you're not in a hurry to get your items I suggest going through the regular mail in the future.

I didn't give much thought when I purchased it since I thought brokerage fee would be around $10 like other couriers. Lesson learned. Never again.

So I finally got an email from paypal say that they'll be refunding my money back to my CC after that whole uncharted 4 ebay debacle. It just sucks that my name address and email are now probably part of some future identity theft scheme. D'oh!

Anyone who has made amazon orders this week I hope you've been keeping an eye on your orders, many items are lowering in price and it's breaking the promo discounts so you have to contact CS to get it adjusted.

Well no, it's either or.
Huh? FF12, and world of FF got normal base price drops and the drop broke the promo on both those items for me. If you're talking about something like say titanfall 2, which recently swapped from the 20% off pile to the save $30 pile you should still technically get the 20% off as that's what it was when you ordered, and price protection covers or should cover you the base drop to 49.96

Huh? FF12, and world of FF got normal base price drops and the drop broke the promo on both those items for me. If you're talking about something like say titanfall 2, which recently swapped from the 20% off pile to the save $30 pile you should still technically get the 20% off as that's what it was when you ordered, and price protection covers or should cover you the base drop to 49.96

Was just about to post this, Amazon matched Walmart for Titanfall 2. Pretty great deal especially with the previous 20% off.

Fularu

Banned
The 20% off doesn't come along, unfortunately.

As per Amazon's price protection policy, if they decrease the price for whatever reason, they can't revoke your previous promotion.

People would be within their righjt to ask for the promotion to be applied to their order

killroy87

As per Amazon's price protection policy, if they decrease the price for whatever reason, they can't revoke your previous promotion.

People would be within their righjt to ask for the promotion to be applied to their order
If they have the energy, go for it

My guess is that this year's promo is coded to not apply to games at their regular price, but previous promos had no such restriction which is why they still apply.

FrsDvl

What's up with Sea of Thieves being so cheap on Amazon? Not complaining, just seems odd to price it that low, considering it's still 60USD on Amazon.com

zroid

Banned
Odd, Amazon is giving 29% off Paper Mario Color Splash instead of 20%

WAIT A SEC. I just did the math....

$90-29% = $64

$80-20% = $64

Paper Mario is $80...

Odd, Amazon is giving 29% off Paper Mario Color Splash instead of 20

$90-29% = $64

$80-20% = $64

Paper Mario is $80...

Interesting. I preordered it, in case it drops down to $80 and I can keep the 29% off.

Still seems like a lot compared to old preorder years. Bleh.

UberTag

$90-29% = $64

$80-20% = $64

Paper Mario is $80...
That's not news. $70-20% apparently also equals $64. Needless to say, while it's being positioned as a 20% off promotion, the language on the back-end of Amazon's system is clearly something different (namely every game is $64 plus tax unless retail falls below $65 - in which case we'll give you 20% off OR unless you nag - in which case we'll give you 20% off because that's what we're representing it as).

zroid

Banned
That's not news. $70-20% apparently also equals $64. Needless to say, while it's being positioned as a 20% off promotion, the language on the back-end of Amazon's system is clearly something different (namely every game is $64 plus tax unless retail falls below $65 - in which case we'll give you 20% off OR unless you nag - in which case we'll give you 20% off because that's what we're representing it as).

that makes no sense whatsoever

how could they botch the promotion that badly :lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

$90-29% = $64

$80-20% = $64

Paper Mario is $80...

Nintendo was already fucking us digitally. After tax in Ontario, Rhythm Heaven is almost $50. It was only a matter of time until retail started to follow. I'm going to be way more reserved in what I buy, I guess.

Even if it is just Amazon with the screw up, I don't think we're far removed from this fate.

I'm selling Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 in Greater Vancouver. It's brand new. $45. I'm fine losing money by selling it at this price. Someone take it off my hands.

MarkusRJR

This year is my smallest E3 haul ever. These deals are pretty awful. Decided that I'd make more sense to buy Pokémon day 1 in store rather than pay for day 1 shipping with Amazon. Still costs similarly even with the discount and would probably come days late.

Literally just got Watch Dogs 2, RE4, RE5, and Color Splash. I'm probably going to cancel Color Splash if it doesn't keep the 29% discount when the price gets lowered. Not going to pay $64 for Sticker Star 2.

I just want to take this time to say thank you to whomever decided to price Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition on amazon.ca at $19.99 (for the regular edition) and $29.99(for the limited edition), listing it the same as on amazon US instead of marking it up because of our currency.

Stage On

Transitioning from buying stuff day one to waiting for it to get fall in price after a few months is going to be rough for me. I already was doing it for some things like Ubisoft games I was interested in but now I'm going to have to do it for nearly all my games :/

Funny thing is I already have the money set aside for the NX for launch but what's the point of getting it right away when I can't afford the games right away If Nintendo is going to continue this absurd price hike trend for Canada.

bryt

My final haul for this E3.

FFXII
Watch Dogs 2
Psycho Pass
Trails of Cold Steel 2
King of Fighters 14
Tekken 7

The rest of the games I want I'm going to wait until it goes on sale... gonna be weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom