• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish South Park: The Stick of Truth was available separately right now, as I don't really want to wait until my physical pre-order comes in. Ah well.

Edit: Will someone buy me a Gears Elite Controller? Pretty pwease?

Kidding of course.

DJ_Lae

I stayed strong and didn't preorder a single game.

That I didn't already have preordered from last year (Gears 4, Horizon, Zelda, FFXV, Mass Effect, etc), at least.

The only game I absolutely must buy this year will be Forza Horizon 3, and I'll go digital so I can get the PC version too. I'd like the same for Gears 4, but there's a point where discount trumps convenience.

Corpse Party
Nier Automata
Resident Evil 7
Zero Time Dilemma

That's it for me, happy E3 everyone

Dat restraint.

I preordered about $1k worth of stuff, after taxes and discounts. Honestly it feels kind of terrible since I'm trying to save money right now. Although about 2/3rd of it I was banking on games with no release dates that will get delayed & price dropped for promo stacking.

khaaan

Is it normal to not have the CAD price for graphics cards so close to a launch? I'm considering getting a 480 but we still don't know the price.

The information in the thread for the card is a little confusing too, people seem to keep on flip flopping on what it's performance value is.

Kyolux

Is it normal to not have the CAD price for graphics cards so close to a launch? I'm considering getting a 480 but we still don't know the price.

The information in the thread for the card is a little confusing too, people seem to keep on flip flopping on what it's performance value is.

Don't know how much of a hurry you are. But personally, I'm just waiting for them to be easy to buy, no stress.

Anyone know if you can cancel pr orders on Green Man Gaming? I see they have a 25% off voucher for E3 which might work out cheaper for BF1 on PC but I dont know much about the site.

N° 2048

So now that XO is done, for me, because everything Microsoft is coming to PC.

Where can I get the best trade in value for my XO?
I dont mind store credit.

Anyone know if you can cancel pr orders on Green Man Gaming? I see they have a 25% off voucher for E3 which might work out cheaper for BF1 on PC but I dont know much about the site.

Apparently you can cancel pre-orders by going through their help desk, so long as they haven't sent you a key.

Considering whether to do that today for Deus Ex, or if I should hold out for a better discount. Weirdly not that excited for it even though I usually love Deus Ex.

N° 2048

It still got a good 18 months before Scorpio and it's neat that every exclusives are coming to PC too but that doesn't mean that the platform is "done".

I should have put "for me" , sorry.

I was planning to build a PC anyway so XO is pretty much done for me as I will have a PS4 and PC.

Multi plats PS4 and then MS exclusive on PC.

4K does nothing for me. Can't see the difference.

I might just take it to EB.

killroy87

For anyone that cares, Best Buy's E3 deal has changed to 10X the reward zone points for the rest of the year. If you find any games you end up wanting, that basically means $10 back on any full price game.

Not the greatest, but it's something.

zroid

Banned
For anyone that cares, Best Buy's E3 deal has changed to 10X the reward zone points for the rest of the year. If you find any games you end up wanting, that basically means $10 back on any full price game.

Not the greatest, but it's something.

also this only applies for people who pre-ordered something during the 25X window, apparently

zroid

Banned
What?? That's insane
Yep, as stated:

Earn 25x Reward Zone™ Points with Each Pre-Order Game June 10-16, 2016
That’s an approximate $25 value based on the purchase of a $79.99 game. All you have to do is enter your Reward Zone™ member ID during the checkout process.

Bonus Offer: 10x Points for Reward Zone™ Gamers Club
If you pre-order video games during June 10-16, 2016 you will qualify for the 10x bonus Reward Zone™ points level up. You will receive 10x points on all video game purchases from June 17, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Reward Zone™ points will be automatically added to your Reward Zone™ account 36 days after the purchase date. For pre-orders, the points will be awarded approximately 36 days after the game is shipped or picked up in-store. The 10x bonus offer only applies to video game software purchases, and does not include accessories or consoles.

I pre-ordered something just to make sure I get the 10X bonus in case I need it later. Will probably return the game.

Cake Boss

Banned
Don't understand why so many are obsessed with trade ins. Just post that shit on kijiji and you'll get much more value and actual cash than just store credit. Sure its a hassle but its worth it at the end.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Wish Infinite Warfare would get added to the $30 off games. Probably won't considering the standard version includes Modern Warfare Remastered right?

Oh never mind, I see the legacy edition, still want that discount.

terrible

Banned
Saw this on RFD.

The 2TB Seagate slim that fits in PS4s is on sale for $99 at The Source. You can add a filler item and then use a $25 off $100 coupon code to get it for ~$76+tax. That's cheaper than it's ever been at Amazon according to camelcamelcamel.

You can get the coupon by signing up for their newsletter. Use a temp email to sign up if you want.

I put one code in email tags at the bottom of this post so quote this to see it if you want it.

Alright, well Titanfall 2 just became a keeper. Ordered it when it was part of the 20% off promotion, and it being part of the $30 off category now gives me 20% off from 49.99. Perfect.

Hope this happens with more games.

Was that done automatically for you? Because so far it did not work like that for anybody. The 20% off promo was removed from the order when the game became 49.96$ even if you ordered it under the 20% off.

farisr

Was that done automatically for you? Because so far it did not work like that for anybody. The 20% off promo was removed from the order when the game became 49.96$ even if you ordered it under the 20% off.
Damn, you're right. After doing a closer inspection and some calculations, it isn't giving me 20% off the 49.96 price.

zeitgeist

49.99 is still pretty good though when you think about it. I didn't have it in my huge stack of pre-orders but maybe now I will snag it.

I never played the original / haven't seen any e3 footage but I'll probably end up ordering it (I might have a problem).

Saw this on RFD.

The 2TB Seagate slim that fits in PS4s is on sale for $99 at The Source. You can add a filler item and then use a $25 off $100 coupon code to get it for ~$76+tax. That's cheaper than it's ever been at Amazon according to camelcamelcamel.

You can get the coupon by signing up for their newsletter. Use a temp email to sign up if you want.

I put one code in email tags at the bottom of this post so quote this to see it if you want it.

Awesome find, thank you. Waited out as long as I possibly could to get one for my ps4.

Saw this on RFD.

This 2TB PS4 upgrade is (relatively) painless and makes a big difference for anyone out there suffering on 500GB. Totally worth doing.

Does anyone have any idea why Best Buy emailed me $20 in Reward Zone certificates despite the fact that I haven't purchased anything from them since May 2015? Not complaining about free money but it's super weird.

kennah

Does anyone have any idea why Best Buy emailed me $20 in Reward Zone certificates despite the fact that I haven't purchased anything from them since May 2015? Not complaining about free money but it's super weird.
There was a glitch a little while back. They told everyone to keep it.

Enjoy your free money :)

terrible

Banned
Awesome find, thank you. Waited out as long as I possibly could to get one for my ps4.

Same here. I also have the stupid storage space glitch where I can't install anything unless I have like 100GB+ free so I needed this new hard drive bad. There are several games I haven't even bothered played because I haven't had room :/

This 2TB PS4 upgrade is (relatively) painless and makes a big difference for anyone out there suffering on 500GB. Totally worth doing.

Getting it out of the enclosure looks a bit annoying but nothing I can't handle lol.

edit: Here's a pretty good tutorial for anyone that bought this drive.

So now that XO is done, for me, because everything Microsoft is coming to PC.

Where can I get the best trade in value for my XO?
I dont mind store credit.

Probably EB, $250 TiV store credit (if they let you use it on soemthing other than a new console)

This goes to show the value of choices though. I feel the opposite of you, the future looks bright for the Xbox. My favourite system of this generation. I dont play PC and dont ever intend to. My xbox doubles as a living room hub, including canadian TV apps. I love it!

Saw this on RFD.

You are awesome! Thanks for posting this.

iphys

Saw this on RFD.

Don't have a PS4, but I've been looking for some more storage anyway. Thank you!

N° 2048

Probably EB, $250 TiV store credit (if they let you use it on soemthing other than a new console)

This goes to show the value of choices though. I feel the opposite of you, the future looks bright for the Xbox. My favourite system of this generation. I dont play PC and dont ever intend to. My xbox doubles as a living room hub, including canadian TV apps. I love it!

This is the last little push I needed to get on upgrading my PC again.

BadWolf

Saw this on RFD.

Thank you!

The shipping is free so the total comes to about $86.

Ventara

Ended up completely passing on the E3 deals. It certainly was better than nothing, but the games overall were still way too expensive for me. Will just have to hope I can pick them up cheaper some time after release.

Firestorm

This is the last little push I needed to get on upgrading my PC again.
Yeah, I'm actually pretty excited to be able to play Gears of War 4 without having to buy an Xbox One and with my friends who are playing on Xbox One. I'm not a diehard fan of the franchise to point I'd get a console for it but co-op and Horde have always been good fun. Too bad I'll need to pay full price on Windows Store :(

DJ_Lae

Ended up completely passing on the E3 deals. It certainly was better than nothing, but the games overall were still way too expensive for me. Will just have to hope I can pick them up cheaper some time after release.

Games certainly seem to be dropping in price as quickly as they always have, so it's probably not a bad bet - I didn't buy anything this time, either.

Part of it is that I find I prefer owning digital copies, and I'd sooner wait a little bit for a sale on those than get a discounted physical disc.

Getting Xbox One and PC versions with one purchase, digitally, is a bonus too.

Firestorm

Games certainly seem to be dropping in price as quickly as they always have, so it's probably not a bad bet - I didn't buy anything this time, either.

Part of it is that I find I prefer owning digital copies, and I'd sooner wait a little bit for a sale on those than get a discounted physical disc.

Getting Xbox One and PC versions with one purchase, digitally, is a bonus too.
Yeah my co-workers passed on Titanfall 2 because they'd rather have it digitally since it's a multiplayer game they'll want to jump into every once in a while. I couldn't imagine owning something like Overwatch physically instead of digitally (though I do have it on PC). I've been avoiding Destiny because the digital release never came down to a price I was willing to try it out at for the Taken King Legendary Edition. It's not a game I can see myself having to keep putting a disc in for.

Saw this on RFD.

Was just coming into the thread to look for bigger drives. I've filled my 1TB but the fact this one is Seagate has me worried. Anyone know if this drive is any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom