• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage On

Trying to decide right now if I should stick with Star Ocean 5 day 1 edition (at 30%) for the bonus dlc or cancel my order and wait for the price to drop

bryt

Trying to decide right now if I should stick with Star Ocean 5 day 1 edition (at 30%) for the bonus dlc or cancel my order and wait for the price to drop

I cancelled mine. I'm hearing the game is super short so I don't think it'll be worth it at that price.

UberTag

I cancelled mine. I'm hearing the game is super short so I don't think it'll be worth it at that price.
Ditto for me on that. Plus, Zero Time Dilemma comes out at the same time and I'm not even going to be done with Trails of Cold Steel by then. I actually think Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE will wind up as the superior JRPG release that week but I bailed from that one too out of principle for the inconsistent and slipshod localization decisions and insulting marketing.

Burgers

Neo Member
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but what is the best place to get a PS3 in Canada these days?

New would be nice, but I am not against getting one used either. My only issue is I have never really bought a console on kijiji or craigslist before, so I am not quite sure how to ensure that what I am being sold actually works.

i-Jest

Cancelled mine. I can wait for a price drop. My only hope is that the day 1 editions stick around long enough. I decided my incoming Tokyo Mirage Session #FE was more worth it despite controversial short comings.

Man $880 for a gtx 1080. hurt me a bit

worth it

I'm on the tier below that and it still hurt. Put down my deposit for my GTX 1070. The 1080 is like 300-400 bucks out of my price range and technically overkill since I'm stuck on 1080p for 2-3 years, but I have a 144hz monitor. I'm justifying the price by canceling a couple games this summer and taking extra shifts at work. Really disappointed to hear about what happened with Star Ocean 5. Hopefully it drops to $20-30 in 6-8 months like Neptunia VII did. Almost paid full price for that one when it came out and I got it this past Tuesday for $12.

Also the NCIX near me actually had 1080FE's in stock, like, actually in stock, not pre-orders.

Halo 5 is $20 at the Microsoft Store. Rare Replay, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 GOTY and Sunset Overdrive are $10

Holy shit those are some great fucking deals. The MS Store has been stepping it up in the past year huh?

EDIT: Star Wars Battlefront and Black Ops 3 are also $24.99, both of those are their all time lows for consoles I believe. Halo MCC is $20 as well

SickBoy

Halo 5 is $20 at the Microsoft Store. Rare Replay, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 GOTY and Sunset Overdrive are $10

Sweet. I saw about Halo 5 on RFD, but the guy only posted the newer games that were on sale. I'm in for Halo and, even though I probably shouldn't be, Dead Rising.

I really like the MS Store. Any store that actually seems motivated to clear out old stock -- and does it through substantial discounts -- certainly keeps my attention (one of the reasons I was a fan of Target... not just here, but in the U.S., too).

Mhee12Bee

I have the 30% off too. As much as I want to cancel it, I have to support Tri-Ace with their new game in a long time. Scared if they don't get enough sales, it'll go back to obscurity or worse... mobile. I'm glad it's short, and the English voice cast is really good.

I decided my incoming Tokyo Mirage Session #FE was more worth it despite controversial short comings.

When they decide to bleach the character's skin white on a wedding dress to cover skin, No discount is worth that.

Anyone have any experience ordering games from Amazon Japan? Specifically pre-orders? I'm looking to import Persona 5 and I'm trying to decide between Ami Ami and Amazon.jp. I have nothing but good things to say about Ami Ami and their shipping options are great, with EMS being exceptionally fast (2-3 days for some of my stuff). But I was wondering how Amazon Japan's shipping compares. Their shipping comes out to almost $20 for 'Global Priority Shipping' but I'm not entirely sure what that means.

EDIT: It's telling me I'll recieve it September 18. I swear to god if Amazon Japan is better at sending me shit than Amazon Canada...

kennah

Anyone in Alberta who preordered something at e3 interested in a win win situation?

I want to emt for a doom pc key from Best Buy with the reduced tax, you can keep the 10x reward points.

I'm only keeping it because I hear it's short so I might actually get a chance to play and finish it in a reasonable amount of time >.>

That's why I chose to get it and save TMS for later. A nice, brisk game I can easily clear through while having a great time honestly sounds like heaven to me.

lilty

Anyone have any experience ordering games from Amazon Japan? Specifically pre-orders? I'm looking to import Persona 5 and I'm trying to decide between Ami Ami and Amazon.jp. I have nothing but good things to say about Ami Ami and their shipping options are great, with EMS being exceptionally fast (2-3 days for some of my stuff). But I was wondering how Amazon Japan's shipping compares. Their shipping comes out to almost $20 for 'Global Priority Shipping' but I'm not entirely sure what that means.

EDIT: It's telling me I'll recieve it September 18. I swear to god if Amazon Japan is better at sending me shit than Amazon Canada...
They ship through DHL and I've had really good luck with them; items arriving in 2-3 days. They'll also charge you for import fees before hand and if there's a difference they'll refund you back later (1-2 weeks). I have a lot of luck with amiami too so I say you can't go wrong with either.

Canon

Banned
Ordered 12 months Xbox Live Gold at costco. Should I redeem it immediately? Is there a chance it won't work if I wait too long?

jzbluz

They charge more for shipping when it's a preorder, so you might want to wait until it's out to save on shipping.

Ordered 12 months Xbox Live Gold at costco. Should I redeem it immediately? Is there a chance it won't work if I wait too long?

Is there a sale going on or something?

The code should work no matter how long you wait. But unless you want to go 'free' or 'silver' for a bit before renewing your membership, there's no reason not to use it now and stack it. Or get rid of the anxiety.

kennah

Anyone in Alberta who preordered something at e3 interested in a win win situation?

I want to emt for a doom pc key from Best Buy with the reduced tax, you can keep the 10x reward points.
Anyone? I'm gonna buy it anyway but didn't pre order anything and figure no point in those bonus points not going to anyone.

diaspora

1. My dualshock 4's batteries are dogshit that barely get through 4ish hours, is this normal?
  2. the thumbsticks are fucked sideways

Considering the following, where's the best place to pick up a new ps4 controller?

1. My dualshock 4's batteries are dogshit that barely get through 4ish hours, is this normal?

Considering the following, where's the best place to pick up a new ps4 controller?

Not normal. See if EB still offering $35 in trade for anither one.

23qwerty

Eh, it's almost normal

You could try buying a replacement battery and sticks instead of just buying a new controller, it's really easy to replace both.

Anybody have a look at the Star Ocean 5 packaging in Canada yet? I don't mind a bilingual back of the box, but I really hope the cover isn't like this mess:

10381430.jpg

Deadly

Has Trails of Cold Steel ever been on sale? I'm interested after hearing impressions of the sequel. I noticed the game was released in December 2015 but the only place where I see it is on the ebgames website but even then it's the collector's edition and it's barely available anywhere.

Anony

Has Trails of Cold Steel ever been on sale? I'm interested after hearing impressions of the sequel. I noticed the game was released in December 2015 but the only place where I see it is on the ebgames website but even then it's the collector's edition and it's barely available anywhere.

i actually have the vita collector's edition BNIB, would u be interested in buying it off me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom