• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiicon

Has Trails of Cold Steel ever been on sale? I'm interested after hearing impressions of the sequel. I noticed the game was released in December 2015 but the only place where I see it is on the ebgames website but even then it's the collector's edition and it's barely available anywhere.

It's on sale right now on PSN for $24

Stage On

Has Trails of Cold Steel ever been on sale? I'm interested after hearing impressions of the sequel. I noticed the game was released in December 2015 but the only place where I see it is on the ebgames website but even then it's the collector's edition and it's barely available anywhere.

It was pretty cheap for physical copies for Vita on Best buy for a short while before they ran out of stock

The physical version is in stock on Amazon.ca, but it's full price

If you don't mind digital it's on Sale on PSN right now as part of the best of e3 sale but that ends on Monday so you'd better hurry

Vita
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...teel/cid=UP1023-PCSE00786_00-EDSENNOKISEKIRLS

Ps3
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...teel/cid=UP1023-NPUB31759_00-EDSENNOKISEKIRLS

Yasumi

Banned
Cancelled Star Ocean 5 since I just got Tales of Zesteria, and my imported watch edition of ZTD's coming out on the same day.

The order wasn't cancelling, so I talked to Amazon chat. I really lucked out.

1akIaeA.png

It was last year when I asked CSR to merge my order and reapply the 30% off discount. After the merge those 2 games didnt' have the discount so they had to set the price manually, and they set it to 30% of the original price ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kyolux

It was last year when I asked CSR to merge my order and reapply the 30% off discount. After the merge those 2 games didnt' have the discount so they had to set the price manually, and they set it to 30% of the original price ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's pretty awesome. I'm jelly.

Saw this on RFD.

The 2TB Seagate slim that fits in PS4s is on sale for $99 at The Source. You can add a filler item and then use a $25 off $100 coupon code to get it for ~$76+tax. That's cheaper than it's ever been at Amazon according to camelcamelcamel.

You can get the coupon by signing up for their newsletter. Use a temp email to sign up if you want.

I put one code in email tags at the bottom of this post so quote this to see it if you want it.

So I showed up late to this party, any chance the $25 off $100 coupon you get also works for in-store purchases? Online is out of stock but there is a store nearby me that still has stock.

Clive

So I showed up late to this party, any chance the $25 off $100 coupon you get also works for in-store purchases? Online is out of stock but there is a store nearby me that still has stock.

From the email I got the coupon in:

Enjoy $25 when you spend $100 on your next online purchase. Use promo code XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX at thesource.ca by September 15, 2016.

Stage On

Yeah I would keep it at that price as well. I have it ordered but toying with the idea of cancelling and picking it up on a price drop...not sure

How long do you guys think it'll take for it to go $40 or less? Right now with 30% off it's essentially $56 before tax. So if I wait a few months for it to just hit $49.99 it doesn't really feel like I'm saving much at all

Not to mention at this point it's pretty much the only game I've got left for the entire summer since I already canned Toyko mirage sessions and will wait on 7th dragon to price drop

Gitaroo

How long do you guys think it'll take for it to go $40 or less? Right now with 30% off it's essentially $56 before tax. So if I wait a few months for it to just hit $49.99 it doesn't really feel like I'm saving much at all

Not to mention at this point it's pretty much the only game I've got left for the entire summer since I already canned Toyko mirage sessions and will wait on 7th dragon to price drop

Just keep it and support niche title like this buying on day 1.

Saw this on RFD.

The 2TB Seagate slim that fits in PS4s is on sale for $99 at The Source. You can add a filler item and then use a $25 off $100 coupon code to get it for ~$76+tax. That's cheaper than it's ever been at Amazon according to camelcamelcamel.

You can get the coupon by signing up for their newsletter. Use a temp email to sign up if you want.

I put one code in email tags at the bottom of this post so quote this to see it if you want it.

This is a good deal. I got the exact same drive on boxing day for $90. Easy to chuck into a PS4. The only thing to watch for is putting too much pressure on the USB side when prying the enclosure apart.

Mighy 9 is bad? Amazon is attempting to cancel my pre-order set to ship today

Noooo, they e-mailed saying they can't cancel it lol.......I wonder what return shipping is =/

r3n4ud

Mighy 9 is bad? Amazon is attempting to cancel my pre-order set to ship today

Noooo, they e-mailed saying they can't cancel it lol.......I wonder what return shipping is =/
Just select one of the return reasons to not pay return shipping. It's what I do when I return anything.

terrible

Banned
This is a good deal. I got the exact same drive on boxing day for $90. Easy to chuck into a PS4. The only thing to watch for is putting too much pressure on the USB side when prying the enclosure apart.

Just a heads up to anyone that bought this. While most people seem to be getting Samsung drives mine was in fact a Seagate inside. ST2000LM007

Edit: For anyone that got this to put in their PS4: If you use a capture card and normally have HDCP off you'll want to plug your PS4 directly into your monitor/TV for the safe mode stuff. You won't get a picture otherwise. Took me a couple minutes to figure out why my screen was blank.

Are there any trade in deals for the Xbox One S yet? Will EB have a decent deal?

switch-your-style-20160415_EN.jpg

They have been giving $250 for system upgrade for months. It says it ends July 3rd but they usually renew it for the next month. No idea if you can do this towards the preorder of an Xbox One S though. I think someone here said their store was going to let them do it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
switch-your-style-20160415_EN.jpg

They have been giving $250 for system upgrade for months. It says it ends July 3rd but they usually renew it for the next month. No idea if you can do this towards the preorder of an Xbox One S though. I think someone here said their store was going to let them do it.
Oh interesting, $250 is quite good if we can do it for the $399 S which has no release date yet.

Ah damn it, I forgot I preordered Mighty no. deuce at EBgames. I thought I was safe checking both amazon and best buy but I forgot about EBgames.

I'll probably return it, hopefully I can make a trip over there sometime this week.

SickBoy

PSA: For anyone who's ordered from the Microsoft Store, it's pretty standard practice, in my experience, for them to send you a tracking number well before anything starts actually moving -- easily a business day or two (and possibly longer) at times.

I'm not sure why that is, but it's just the way I've always seen it work with them. In other words, the fact that your weekend order doesn't have any real tracking information yet isn't unusual (I got a tracking number from Halo on Saturday, it's still just in the "shipping label created" status right now. Expected delivery is Thursday and it wouldn't shock me to see that pushed later).

...just thought I'd put out a quick word, because they've got some good deals on, which seem ripe for some "Shipping Age" talk.

kevin1025

Banned
To those that have seen Sicario, would it be worth it for me to get the 4K Blu Ray version?

It's a gorgeous movie and incredibly intense. So in terms of 4K, I imagine it would look spectacular. But as Lone_Prodigy said, it isn't an action heavy movie if that's what you're looking for.

I don't think it is worth it. There is no scene that is "visually stunning" in the movie. It is not really an action movie

The color palette and the shots of Juarez are great!

Just a heads up to anyone that bought this. While most people seem to be getting Samsung drives mine was in fact a Seagate inside. ST2000LM007

Edit: For anyone that got this to put in their PS4: If you use a capture card and normally have HDCP off you'll want to plug your PS4 directly into your monitor/TV for the safe mode stuff. You won't get a picture otherwise. Took me a couple minutes to figure out why my screen was blank.

I suspect it's a rebadged Samsung tech. It follows the same model number convention as the Samsung drives, just the last digit change (incremental higher). Seagate bought sams hdd business as i recall

superbad

PSA: For anyone who's ordered from the Microsoft Store, it's pretty standard practice, in my experience, for them to send you a tracking number well before anything starts actually moving -- easily a business day or two (and possibly longer) at times.

I'm not sure why that is, but it's just the way I've always seen it work with them. In other words, the fact that your weekend order doesn't have any real tracking information yet isn't unusual (I got a tracking number from Halo on Saturday, it's still just in the "shipping label created" status right now. Expected delivery is Thursday and it wouldn't shock me to see that pushed later).

...just thought I'd put out a quick word, because they've got some good deals on, which seem ripe for some "Shipping Age" talk.

This is a really crappy practice because it gives the impression that your order is actually packed, has a shipping label applied, and is ready to be picked up by the carrier.

The last time I ordered, tracking was generated on a Sunday, emailed to me on Monday morning, then not picked up by FedEx until Wednesday. 3 business days to process and pack an order is pretty bad in my experience.

I was on hold with gamestop.com's customer service number waiting to speak to a CSR. when I finally get to an agent, they hang up on me without saying anything.

(rage rising)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom