• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

N° 2048

Welp, goodbye XO.

Just traded it in (500gb) for about $210 credit at EB. Persona 5 CE paid right there.

I'm good with PS4, PC, NX.

zroid

Banned
it infuriates me to no end that Best Buy would tease people with the option to add gift cards to their existing orders online, but it doesn't actually work

just f'ing remove it if you're not gonna fix it FFS

it infuriates me to no end that Best Buy would tease people with the option to add gift cards to their existing orders online, but it doesn't actually work

just f'ing remove it if you're not gonna fix it FFS

It's worked for me in the past. It does seem completely hit or miss though. Some orders just don't work.

ovii

Welp, goodbye XO.

Just traded it in (500gb) for about $210 credit at EB. Persona 5 CE paid right there.

I'm good with PS4, PC, NX.

just sold my Xbox for $300. Included halo and some old games. Might get that new AMD card with this and use Xbox Play Anywhere for any worthy xbox games.

RS4-

Unbelievable how slow the Nextbox 2.0 is compared to the 3. Too fucking bad the 3.0s are all PVRs, so it's not like you'd want to subject yourself to renting multiple boxes.

It's embarrassing. Shit takes seconds to scroll through menus and do shit.

Fuck Rogers.

tiijj

So amazon dropped down the price for Pokemon sun and moon to $49 from $59 but what amazon did was subtract the dropped in price from the E3 20% off. LOL

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 99.92
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 7.85
Free Shipping: -CDN$ 7.85
E3 20% Off: -CDN$ 3.94
Total before tax: CDN$ 95.98
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 12.48
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
Grand Total: CDN$ 108.46

Sora_N

I didn't know you could order video games from Amazon.com now? I was gonna ship some stuff to Point Roberts but turns out you can just order Gravity Rush PS4 directly.

Guess I'll just wait for a sale then, it would cost like $50 for the physical copy.

So amazon dropped down the price for Pokemon sun and moon to $49 from $59 but what amazon did was subtract the dropped in price from the E3 20% off. LOL

I don't even know what the fuck they did to my order now.

Sealtest

Ofcourse.. I was hoping anything under $63.99 would've been safe. Guess I either wait and hope enough people complain and they auto-fix it or I contact support.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Ofcourse.. I was hoping anything under $63.99 would've been safe. Guess I either wait and hope enough people complain and they auto-fix it or I contact support.

Same I'll wait it out for auto-correct or call in a week or so for them to manually update the price.

CazTGG

Amazon E3 was a mistake. Should we contact support to fix this or hope it gets fixed?

zroid

Banned
I'm scared to even look at my order

jesus

I'll contact them tomorrow... I guess. Sigh

Sealtest

I really wish contacting amazon was as easy as Best buy.. These problems could be fixed so much easier.

Amazon games Canada needs some sort of social media account.

Edit - Contacted support and it's getting forwarded to marketing team.

Unbelievable how slow the Nextbox 2.0 is compared to the 3. Too fucking bad the 3.0s are all PVRs, so it's not like you'd want to subject yourself to renting multiple boxes.

Fuck Rogers.

They really need new normal ass terminals that aren't like 8 years old

kevin1025

Banned

Fuck Rogers.

The 2.0 upstairs takes 3-4 seconds to load any input you do on the remote, it's nuts. And the 3.0 has wiped the PVR three times now in only a year. As happy as I am with their internet speeds, I miss Fibe for TV.

UberTag

We'll need to contact support everytime they ship something without the full 20% applied...
I was beating this drum loud last week. We can't say we weren't warned.
They set this up intentionally and are passing the buck to their cheap outsourced customer service staff.
Hoop jumping will be needed for each and every price drop going forward.

ohlawd

GOD DAMMIT DARK HORSE

Art of Fire Emblem Awakening delayed again to late October :<
cool. October was empty anyway. this reminded me that the reps at Indigo still haven't cancelled my more expensive order despite them saying they did it >_> gotta talk to them and Amazon about Pokemon tomorrow <_<

Sora_N

I really wish contacting amazon was as easy as Best buy.. These problems could be fixed so much easier.

Amazon games Canada needs some sort of social media account.

Edit - Contacted support and it's getting forwarded to marketing team.

IF you hear back from marketing that is.

I didn't hear back about ff12 so I had to ask again.

krae_man

pff, your cellphone plans suck.

I'm with Chill Telecom. $45/month for unlimited Calling, texting and Data with worldwide roaming included:

http://www.chilltelecom.com/plans

Apparently they are a brand new MNVO out of Kitchener. Those plans are clearly pipe dreams but this should be a fun trainwreck to watch

Skikkiks

07:49 AM PDT Rakesh: I am very sorry to inform you that I have cross checked with our team and confirmed the that promotion is on the list price of $59.99 . However as an exception I am issuing the discount for $49.96
07:50 AM PDT Rakesh: I have successfully issued $8.02 to your account.

What a fucking joke.

So am I going to have a problem if I contact Amazon when the games ship if I get the wrong discount? I was planning to do this because there are a lot I have ordered that I am very likely to cancel, so I don't really want to have to contact them for games I am going to cancel eventually.

So am I going to have a problem if I contact Amazon when the games ship if I get the wrong discount? I was planning to do this because there are a lot I have ordered that I am very likely to cancel, so I don't really want to have to contact them for games I am going to cancel eventually.

That's exactly what I'm planning to do.

KhaosDragon22

Neo Member
So I have a package from amazon supposibly coming today via intelcom. The problem is that Amazon tracking says its out for delivery in Montreal and I'm Calgary. Thoughts?

suikodan

Regarding the Pokemon pricing, how can I see if the 20% was applied correctly (or not)?

I only see the pricing for the whole order.

tiijj

Regarding the Pokemon pricing, how can I see if the 20% was applied correctly (or not)?

I only see the pricing for the whole order.

Click "Order Details" on the top right of your order.

I'll probably gonna have my pokemon change/fixed a week before it releases, it'll be a pain to contact amazon csr if the order change or something again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom