• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4r0_Atak

Okay, I've just check my Amazon E3 order... and I have a feeling that something's wrong.

Amazon.ca said:
Order Summary

Item(s) Subtotal:
CDN$ 1,049.74

Shipping & Handling:
CDN$ 31.25
Free Shipping:
-CDN$ 31.25

E3 20% Off:
-CDN$ 181.94
E3 20% Off:
-CDN$ 3.94

Total before tax:
CDN$ 863.86

Estimated GST/HST:
CDN$ 43.16
Estimated PST/RST/QST:
CDN$ 86.17

Grand Total:
CDN$ 993.19

The E3 promo for pre-orders was supposed to be 20% off on the total (before taxes). Although, it looks like that instead of having 209,95$ off on my 1049,74$ order, I got 185.88$.
There's a 24$ discount missing.

Oneself

I really wish contacting amazon was as easy as Best buy.. These problems could be fixed so much easier.

Amazon games Canada needs some sort of social media account.

Edit - Contacted support and it's getting forwarded to marketing team.
Amazon solves everything in a matter of seconds via chat or very quickly by email. Never had any problem with them.

xzoowy

Okay, I've just check my Amazon E3 order... and I have a feeling that something's wrong.

The E3 promo for pre-orders was supposed to be 20% off on the total (before taxes). Although, it looks like that instead of having 209,95$ off on my 1049,74$ order, I got 185.88$.
There's a 24$ discount missing.

The 20% dosent stack on the games that where discounted at 49.99$ such as FFXV, Battlefield 1, you might had one of those games in your list.

F4r0_Atak

]Amazon solves everything in a matter of seconds[/B] via chat or very quickly by email. Never had any problem with them.

At least not this time for me... as I am missing a 24$ discount on my E3 promo (20% off). They are struggling to give me proper service on this matter. They keep referring me to their promo team. They said it would take 24 hours to get more details or info. It's been a week now.

The 20% dosent stack on the games that where discounted at 49.99$ such as FFXV, Battlefield 1, you might had one of those games in your list.

I know that's why I made a different order for those. Here's my list of pre-orders:

• South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4)
• Dishonored 2 (PS4)
• Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4)
• Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
• Death Stranding (PS4)
• Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
• Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)
• Spider-Man (PS4)
• Days Gone (PS4)
• Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)
• God of War (PS4)
• No Man's Sky (PS4)
• Pokemon Sun (3DS)
• Pokemon Moon (3DS)

Last time I checked, none of those games were part of the 30$ off promo Amazon had.

Final Fantasy XII preorder was consistently coming up incorrectly. That might be the problem.

Also, Best Buy did have Gravity Rush 2 for $59.99. Not sure if they changed it.

F4r0_Atak

Final Fantasy XII preorder was consistently coming up incorrectly. That might be the problem.

Also, Best Buy did have Gravity Rush 2 for $59.99. Not sure if they changed it.

I know. I already did my pre-order for GR2 on BestBuy too (I was really happy to learn that they were shipping to Montreal too), but I kept the one on Amazon in cast they mess with the price. :p

Firestorm

Ugh I don't mind using Live Chat to fix my Pokemon but I recommended other people to get Pokemon on Amazon too and I don't want them to have to deal with this bullshit -_- I hope they fix it up automatically for orders soon.

F4r0_Atak

Been almost two hours.. no fix so far for the 24$ discount (E3 promo: 20% off) I am missing on my order. They keep referring me to the promotion team.They said 24 hours. It's been a week now.. :/

Cynar

Been almost two hours.. no fix so far for the 24$ discount (E3 promo: 20% off) I am missing on my order. They keep referring me to the promotion team.They said 24 hours. It's been a week now.. :/
It was most likely ff12. I had to contact them and they were pretty fast about it. Mine was just a single order though so it was probably easier.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I put FF12 in a single order and still haven't heard back yet. They told me to wait another 2 days.

Now trying to deal with this Pokemon mess.

F4r0_Atak

It was most likely ff12. I had to contact them and they were pretty fast about it. Mine was just a single order though so it was probably easier.

Maybe. Last week, when I finalized my pre-orders, I was missing about 8$ of that E3 promotion. My first guess was that FF12 created some issues with that promo. Although, ever since the new Pokemon dropped to 49.96, the amount missing from that E3 promo went from 8$ to 24$ today.

Maybe. Last week, when I finalized my pre-orders, I was missing about 8$ of that E3 promotion. My first guess was that FF12 created some issues with that promo. Although, ever since the new Pokemon dropped to 49.96, the amount missing from that E3 promo went from 8$ to 24$ today.

I really hope that their marketing team can just do a blanket fix for this problem...getting real old.

Yeah, if the price goes down on preorders this year you don't get 20% off the new amount. Someone explained it earlier in this thread. It sucks.

F4r0_Atak

Yeah, if the price goes down on preorders this year you don't get 20% off the new amount. Someone explained it earlier in this thread. It sucks.

So much for pre-order price guarantee... They should have added a line during the E3 promo like " If you pre-order this game, you are eligible to this promo and the pre-order price guarantee. Although if the price of this item drops between now and its release date, this game won't be elligible anymore to the promotion. "

ovii

Well that defeats their whole price protection promotion. Does it state anywhere that it's either the $30 off or the 20% off?

bryt

Yeah Pokemon's price went down $10.03 and they took away $10.03 from my E3 20% off instead of giving me 20% off from $49.96. So my E3 20% off went from $12.00 to $1.97.

So I'm still paying the same price as before even though the game is $10.03 cheaper now.

No_Style

They technically won't violate their price protection policy because you still get a lower price. It's just really shitty to remove the discount as well.

I'm sure nobody will create a huge stink if they got a $69.99 game discounted to $19.96 like Xenoblade Chronicles X but they removed the E3 discount. Did anyone manage them to reapply the discount when Pokemon Sun/Moon dropped down to $49.99?

Wow, on one hand I'm kinda happy because $60 for a 3DS game is insane, but on the other hand that's a real shame that the discount won't affect the price cut. Ouch.

So much for pre-order price guarantee... They should have added a line during the E3 promo like " If you pre-order this game, you are elligible to this promo and the pre-order price guarantee. Although if the price of this item between now and its release date, this game won't be elligible anymore to the promotion. "

I almost wonder if this is worth bugging them about. It doesn't bother me either way but I do feel like the fine print ended up being misleading for this case.

F4r0_Atak

They technically won't violate their price protection policy because you still get a lower price. It's just really shitty to remove the discount as well.

I'm sure nobody will create a huge stink if they got a $69.99 game discounted to $19.96 like Xenoblade Chronicles X but they removed the E3 discount. Did anyone manage them to reapply the discount when Pokemon Sun/Moon dropped down to $49.99?

Tried. Lost two hours of my life I am getting back. Shitty promo for shitty practice... :/

khaaan

Anyone here ordered something from fangamer before?

I want to get the Shovel Knight physical and shipping is $4 USD but I'm worried for two reasons:

1) 20-30 Business Days, untracked, using IPA (whom I've never heard of or dealt with)
2) Possibility of getting hit with import fees

Anybody have any experience?

Anyone here ordered something from fangamer before?

I want to get the Shovel Knight physical and shipping is $4 USD but I'm worried for two reasons:

1) 20-30 Business Days, untracked, using IPA (whom I've never heard of or dealt with)
2) Possibility of getting hit with import fees

Anybody have any experience?

I had no issues with a $60 USD order I made last holiday from Fangamer.

F4r0_Atak

Wow, on one hand I'm kinda happy because $60 for a 3DS game is insane, but on the other hand that's a real shame that the discount won't affect the price cut. Ouch.

I almost wonder if this is worth bugging them about. It doesn't bother me either way but I do feel like the fine print ended up being misleading for this case.

I will try (again!). Seems to be something worth noting and telling them about.

Thanks for trying!

Thanks mate! :p

No_Style

Here's their Pre-order Price Guarantee policy:

Amazon.ca's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and/or shipped. The price charged when we ship the item will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.ca between the time the order was placed and the end of the day on the release date.

Note:

The Pre-order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.ca, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
The Pre-order Price Guarantee does not apply to lower book prices offered through any program that requires a customer to join the program to receive the lower price.
If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference within 48 hours of the release date. Otherwise, the order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

It doesn't say anything about preserving promos but it also doesn't say that they won't either. So it's worth a try?

That blurb is pretty nonspecific and doesn't really tackle that issue directly. I feel like it might have a chance of being an oversight in the system, too. So yeah. Hopefully there's no harm in at least giving it a shot. It's a legitimate point, I think.

I will try (again!). Seems to be something worth noting and telling them about.

Thanks mate! :p

Good luck!

I haven't checked anything aside from my order. Does anyone know if the price drop was just for Pokemon, or for the other $60 3DS games (e.g. Dragon Quest, Yokai Watch)? Is it just on Amazon?

F8AL

I did. Spoke to a CSR last night via the website chat around midnight. Now paying $39.97 for the game.

If I understand right, does that mean it is indeed an error in the system? Maybe I'll try bringing it up myself (nicely of course) if it sounds like things are getting sorted.

F4r0_Atak

It seems we have been double-crossed by Amazon.ca. Apparently, those games were not eligible for the E3 promotion of 20% off despite the fact that they were part of that list of games provided by Amazon themselves.

Amazon Customer Service Representative said:
Let me help you with the ones not eligible for E3 promotion. These are the ones:
- Detroit: Become Human - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Death Stranding - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Gravity Rush 2 - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Spider-Man - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Days Gone - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- God of War - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition

BadWolf

It seems we have been double-crossed by Amazon.ca. Apparently, those games were not eligible for the E3 promotion of 20% off despite the fact that they were part of that list of games provided by Amazon themselves.

Huh? I have all of those pre-ordered and the 20% discount has been applied.

F4r0_Atak

Huh? I have all of those pre-ordered and the 20% discount has been applied.

I know I smell the BS too... (she just cut me).

EDIT: Got a new representative. I am in talks with one of the supervisor. Hopefully, he/she will be able to answer to some of my questions or concerns.

Luigi87

Cancelled my Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE pre-order, 'cause just don't have the time for a RPG right now, and I should save the money
in spite that I cosplayed as that version's Chrom last month, lol

... and yet now I'm contemplating getting the Future Sound pack from the Project Diva Future Tone release <_<

F4r0_Atak

Problem guys...

even the surpervisor, is telling me that those games were not eligible for the E3 20% off promo (check your bills when those games ship).
Amazon Customer Service Representative Supervisor said:
- Detroit: Become Human - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Death Stranding - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Gravity Rush 2 - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Spider-Man - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Days Gone - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- God of War - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition

Tik-Tok

Problem guys...

even the surpervisor, is telling me that those games were not eligible for the E3 20% off promo (check your bills when those games ship).

Those games were definitely part of the promotion, and my invoice reflected the 20% off on them because I ordered almost everyone of those games.

Problem guys...

I have Gravity Rush 2 preordered. I'll have to keep an eye on that, but I did get the discount at checkout so I don't know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom