• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4r0_Atak

I have God of War in my order and the discount still works out. Very strange.
Those games were definitely part of the promotion, and my invoice reflected the 20% off on them because I ordered almost everyone of those games.

I know, as I would have never pre-ordered those games on Amazon.ca if they were not eligible for the promo. Here's a new quote from the supervisor...

I've checked for all the ASIN's and see that some of the ASIN's which you have placed are not one of the eligible ASIN's for the promotion
I would like to confirm you that the information provided previously was correct and the items provided to you are not eligible for the promotion

Problem guys...

even the surpervisor, is telling me that those games were not eligible for the E3 20% off promo (check your bills when those games ship).

I get the feeling that the CSR's are sometimes completely oblivious to their own promos...

EDIT: If you are using chat support I would advise calling them about this instead because this is getting out of hand.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't get what changed between even the last sale a couple of months ago and now. It's so weird that they are having all these problems.

F4r0_Atak

I get the feeling that the CSR's are sometimes completely oblivious to their own promos...

EDIT: If you are using chat support I would advise calling them about this instead because this is getting out of hand.

I already spend an hour with them today on the phone regarding this peculiar matter. I don't think I have the patience, the time or the right contract on my phone to spend more time with them.

I can't believe I'm about to say this: I wonder if maybe I should've ordered from Best Buy instead.

Yes, their site is borderline non-functional (cancel order? change address or payment info? lolwut system is broke call in pls). Yes, we have zero indication of whether they'll actually honour the 25x/10x reward zone points promo until the games actually ship, which would be months or even years from now. Yes, the reward zone points themselves are far less useful than a straight percentage discount.

But at least the likelihood of me getting the promo or not isn't dependent on getting a nice CSR. I rarely if ever contact CSRs for anything on Amazon, so I'm reasonably confident the discounts on my order will remain as stated for now. But the first time there's a price drop on a game and I don't get the E3 discount off the new price, I'll have to talk to them, and at that point all bets are off. And that could potentially happen to every single game in an order.

F4r0_Atak

I can't believe I'm about to say this: I wonder if maybe I should've ordered from Best Buy instead.

Yes, their site is borderline non-functional (cancel order? change address or payment info? lolwut system is broke call in pls). Yes, we have zero indication of whether they'll actually honour the 25x/10x reward zone points promo until the games actually ship, which would be months or even years from now. Yes, the reward zone points themselves are far less useful than a straight percentage discount.

But at least the likelihood of me getting the promo or not isn't dependent on getting a nice CSR. I rarely if ever contact CSRs for anything on Amazon, so I'm reasonably confident the discounts on my order will remain as stated for now. But the first time there's a price drop on a game and I don't get the E3 discount off the new price, I'll have to talk to them, and at that point all bets are off. And that could potentially happen to every single game in an order.

Seems like you didn't pre-order FF12 or the new Pokemon games prior to their respective price change.

EDIT: Pack it up guys! It seems Amazon.ca CS can't do anything (for now). They seem to be tied to some corporation structural change, as only (and only) the Marketing and Promotions Team can handle those kind of situation now. If they mess up with the price of my games when they ship, I'll make sure they hear about it... :/

Sealtest

Good thing the only games i'm willing to pay full price for is Pokemon.. Maybe Detroit become human but that isnt till 2017 at the earliest.

Pack it up guys! It seems Amazon.ca CS can't do anything (for now). They seem to be tied to some corporation structural change, as only (and only) the Marketing and Promotions Team can handle those kind of situation now. It they mess up with the price of my games when they ship, I'll make sure they hear about it... :/

So now we should just contact CS, paste a message and ask "Can you forward this entire message to the "Marketing and Promotions Team" please?

Even then I don't know, the other day I had to convince a CS to forward my issue to the Marketing and Promotions Team... I have a lot of hate for Amazon right now.

fooish101

That's sleezy if Amazon doesn't keep the 20% discount on price changes. I only have 10% off on FFXII now.

I guess it's karma for the Amazon Rep scams with the previous deals. I'm guessing this may be the new way forward for them.

Well if they don't adjust the price I'll probably just cancel the order, no point with only 10% off I'll just wait a couple of months for a decent sale or buy used. Oh well...

tiijj

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 8: At least we still have E3 deals Amazon

This is probably Amazon.ca right now.
yfZJNFz.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if the reason why they did the whole division between the regular CSR and the "Marketing and Promotions Team" was due to the whole f'd up that happened during the 2015 E3 promotion, the whole double discount thing.

That's sleezy if Amazon doesn't keep the 20% discount on price changes. I only have 10% off on FFXII now.

I guess it's karma for the Amazon Rep scams with the previous deals. I'm guessing this may be the new way forward for them.

Well if they don't adjust the price I'll probably just cancel the order, no point with only 10% off I'll just wait a couple of months for a decent sale or buy used. Oh well...

Even if it is the new way forward they need to be more transparent about how their promotion works.

Looks like im just going to sit on my order until something ships, which looks like wont be until well into 2017....so maybe something will have changed then.

F4r0_Atak

Even if it is the new way forward they need to be more transparent about how their promotion works.

Looks like im just going to sit on my order until something ships, which looks like wont be until well into 2017....so maybe something will have changed then.

Worse case scenario for me... I'll probably just do another batch of pre-orders this Black Friday for some of the 2017 games.

Seems like you didn't pre-order FF12 or the new Pokemon games prior to their respective price change.

EDIT: Pack it up guys! It seems Amazon.ca CS can't do anything (for now). They seem to be tied to some corporation structural change, as only (and only) the Marketing and Promotions Team can handle those kind of situation now. If they mess up with the price of my games when they ship, I'll make sure they hear about it... :/

I did pre-order FF12, it was just one of the first games to go when I started culling my pre-orders. I even got the email saying "hey we adjusted your stuff" after cancelling, which was kind of funny.

But it sounds like they haven't adjusted Pokemon orders down to add the 20% back in, and I don't expect Amazon to send out email updates every time a game drops in price either. I feel like the only reason they did it for FF12 and Recore was because of the added attention during E3 and because the promo was actually running at the time.

Worse case scenario for me... I'll probably just do another batch of pre-orders this Black Friday for some of the 2017 games.

I mean, you're assuming Amazon actually has a pre-order promo for Black Friday. Last year was the only time they ever did it and it was only in response to Best Buy. Based on how E3 went this year, I wouldn't assume anything about future promotions (or lack thereof).

F4r0_Atak

I found this hilarious! XD

Amazon Customer Service Representative said:
Yes, Annie. recently we have been reported some wrong caluclation with the pokemon games due to which this promotion is not being reflected to most of the orders, please don't worry our promotion and marketing team is not working on this and will make sure that it is reflected soon. I'll send you order details to them and will ask them to make sure that it is applied.

DayEnder

It seems we have been double-crossed by Amazon.ca. Apparently, those games were not eligible for the E3 promotion of 20% off despite the fact that they were part of that list of games provided by Amazon themselves.

I gave Amazon.ca a call and they are escalating it to the promotions team to look into. I'll post back once I get a reply, but they said it will take 1-2 business days.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The Rare Replay I ordered yesterday hasn't moved since FedEx received the information and it was supposed to arrive today. Is FedEx always this atrocious?

catspit

The only reason I pre-ordered so many titles was for potential price drops/errors and then the 20% on top of those throughout the year..

espher

I dont think you missed anything other than a user ending up with a CSR manual price override for some reason. There was no actual change to pricing.

k, seemed a bunch of people were canceling it and I wasn't sure if it was just to save $$$/wait for a sale or if there was some bad news I missed.

CazTGG

I contacted support about the application of the 20% off promo and this was their response.

b38PIw9.png

We'll see how marketing handles this, assuming they respond to begin with.

terrible

Banned
So the triangle button on my ps4 pad just got sticky when pushed down all of a sudden. Grrr. Hope I don't have to buy a new one

Worst case scenario you can take it apart and just clean out any dust or dirt that's in there causing the problem. Just be careful with the ribbon cables. The more you disconnect and reconnect them the more likely you are to strip them. I unfortunately know this from experience (fixed the ribbon cables myself too once I ruined them lol).

Grimsen

Worst case scenario you can take it apart and just clean out any dust or dirt that's in there causing the problem. Just be careful with the ribbon cables. The more you disconnect and reconnect them the more likely you are to strip them. I unfortunately know this from experience (fixed the ribbon cables myself too once I ruined them lol).

Seconded. One of my DS4's ribbon cable is iffy after too much careless manipulation.

I ordered a few ribbon cables from eBay for a dollar each, for the next time I open it up.

I just checked my order.

Item(s) Subtotal:
CDN$ 1,049.82

20% of this is 209.96

Total discount is 201.97

Difference is 7.99

Total discount is ~19.24% rather than 20%

Here are the games I pre-ordered All of those were tagged with the 20% off promotion:

(all on PS4)

Resident Evil 7
Prey
Death Stranding
Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age
God of War
Spider-Man
Days Gone
Tekken 7
The King of fighters XIV
Carmageddon Max Damage
Resident Evil 4 HD
Resident Evil 5 HD
NieR: Automata
No Man's Sky
Injustice 2

Even though it's only $8, it's still bullshit.

Kiro

Hey, just jumped in here after a while. All I know is about titan fall 2 20 percent being erased. What other games is this now affecting? I need to make sure I stay on top of my discounts.

Hey, just jumped in here after a while. All I know is about titan fall 2 20 percent being erased. What other games is this now affecting? I need to make sure I stay on top of my discounts.

Any game that had a price drop on Amazon since the beginning of the E3 promo is potentially affected. That includes Titanfall 2, Recore, Final Fantasy XII, Sea of Thieves, and possibly others that slip my mind at the moment.

Kiro

Any game that had a price drop on Amazon since the beginning of the E3 promo is potentially affected. That includes Titanfall 2, Recore, Final Fantasy XII, Sea of Thieves, and possibly others that slip my mind at the moment.

Okay thanks. People mentioning Pokémon above so I guess that too.

tiijj

Didn't those expire like a month ago?

I already have one in X and Y

There were two distributions, the first one was through ebgames from Feb 1-24th which expired may 31 and another one through the pokemon newsletter (you gotta signed up on or before Jun 1) and they distributed it earlier this month. The newsletter code expires Aug 31.

Kalren

I put several orders in including one order for God of War by itself. That order shows that it is getting a E3 20% discount. There is no other item/game in that order so I don't think Amazon knows what is going on right now. It's not like there was a E3 coupon code that we were using to apply on ineligible games. Everything was done on Amazon's backend.

My strategy is to just let my orders sit until closer to release and then talk to the Amazon CSR to correct any issues I may have.

superbad

Anyone here ordered something from fangamer before?

I want to get the Shovel Knight physical and shipping is $4 USD but I'm worried for two reasons:

1) 20-30 Business Days, untracked, using IPA (whom I've never heard of or dealt with)
2) Possibility of getting hit with import fees

Anybody have any experience?

Don't Wal-Mart stores in your area have it in stock? Or EB?

superbad

The Rare Replay I ordered yesterday hasn't moved since FedEx received the information and it was supposed to arrive today. Is FedEx always this atrocious?

FedEx is great. The issue here is that the MS store generates a shipping label for your order days before it actually gets packed and handed off to FedEx.

In my experience it takes them 2-3 days to actually get your order out from the time you receive the shipping notice email.

True Fire

Damn, the whole Amazon price thing is a mess. I have 1000 dollars in preorders that I'm going to straight-up cancel if they can't guarantee their own lowest price guarantee.

I think the confusion over the pricing shows how messy their corporate structure is. It's pretty bad when their customer service repeatedly gives non-answers to multiple people.

Faenix1

I asked them to fix my FF12 discount and was told they'd refer me to the marketing department. 5 days later.. no contact.

I'll try sending another email with Pokemon Sun/Moon (For $40 I might just keep them both this time. lol)

There was no "All in one order' policy, right? I have 9 separate orders and I'm slightly worried about contracting support atm. x)

tiijj

Damn, the whole Amazon price thing is a mess. I have 1000 dollars in preorders that I'm going to straight-up cancel if they can't guarantee their own lowest price guarantee.

I think the confusion over the pricing shows how messy their corporate structure is. It's pretty bad when their customer service repeatedly gives non-answers to multiple people.

The sad thing is that it wasn't like this before, it was working great during the last 30% off deal (black friday 2015 or was that the E3 2015, I'm not sure if I experienced any price drop or if I ever ordered any 30% off deal on BF 2015). When a price drops, it automatically calculates the 20% or 30% off no muss no fuss.

EDIT: The 30% automatically calculated to the proper discount on my BF 2015 order.

Sealtest

Got an email back saying I need to call for more help.. Yeah cause that's helping everyone else.

Guess i'll just wait and see where this goes.

Edit - This is after I was told I was going to be contacted by the marketing team last night.

F4r0_Atak

Got an email back saying I need to call for more help.. Yeah cause that's helping everyone else.

Guess i'll just wait and see where this goes.

Edit - This is after I was told I was going to be contacted by the marketing team last night.

LOL! I have waited almost a week... no emails so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom