• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should send an email, I only preordered 3 games and only 2 had the 20% off applied: Mass Effect, Resident Evil 7, and World of Final Fantasy (This one was excluded).

WoFF was excluded due to its price point. Someone worked it out in the other thread and it seemed like $79.99 was getting the full 20% and as you went down to 69.99 and $59.99 you would get less.

They really messed up this year. I guess they were trying to protect themselves but the new system wasn't entirely clear and mistakes were made.

Regarding Pokemon.

I actually contacted a CS rep before making my order to ensure that all the games I ordered qualified. That rep was checking with the promotions department on each and every game and gave me the green light on Pokemon. Saying that it was in the promotions . I did get the 20% off on it. But when the price dipped this week, the adjustment came off of the 20% off not the not the old price.

They also checked on...

Titanfall 2
Tekken
Nintendo Pokemon Go Plus
The King of Fighters Xiv: Burn to Fight Premium Edition

All of them where given the green light for the promo. Only they were having some kind of issue and for whatever reason, the discounts weren't showing immediately. The marketing team was to adjust the price. Still waiting on it. But with that chat transcript in hand, I'll be raising stink if it doesn't happen.

Regarding Pokemon.

I actually contacted a CS rep before making my order to ensure that all the games I ordered qualified. That rep was checking with the promotions department on each and every game and gave me the green light on Pokemon. Saying that it was in the promotions . I did get the 20% off on it. But when the price dipped this week, the adjustment came off of the 20% off not the not the old price.

They also checked on...

Titanfall 2
Tekken
Nintendo Pokemon Go Plus
The King of Fighters Xiv: Burn to Fight Premium Edition

All of them where given the green light for the promo. Only they were having some kind of issue and for whatever reason, the discounts weren't showing immediately. The marketing team was to adjust the price. Still waiting on it. But with that chat transcript in hand, I'll be raising stink if it doesn't happen.

Maybe we are waiting for one big fix from the marketing department?

A lot of received an email last week regarding FFXII being dropped to $55.99 due to an issue and I never actually received the price drop. Did anyone else?

Just got a colouring book I preordered off of Amazon. Canada Post dropped it off at the community mailbox.

I find it funny how well packaged this one book was (complete with a sturdy box and air packets) in comparison to the controllers that I ordered from Best Buy. Those came in the shipping equivalent of plastic bags, which was pathetic.

Something

Banned
I complained to a rep today about not getting my 20% off on Titanfall...she "forwarded the inquiry to the marketing team with a high priority". I expect nothing, but if I end up with Titanfall 2 for 39.99 I'll be pretty jazzed.

F4r0_Atak

I complained to a rep today about not getting my 20% off on Titanfall...she "forwarded the inquiry to the marketing team with a high priority". I expect nothing, but if I end up with Titanfall 2 for 39.99 I'll be pretty jazzed.

Why 39.99$? The game was 79.99 before the 20% off. The game was 49.99 on Walmart.ca but Amazon never changed the price of or price matched Titanfall 2 on their website.

CazTGG

This is the follow-up I got from Amazon after they forwarded it to their marketing.

KGXveLn.png

This is just wonderful.

Then wouldn't it be a case for the E3 promo of "30$ off" then, which would make it not eligible for the 20% off.

That might be what Amazon is trying to get away with but I'm not sure you can just disqualify it from one promotion in favour of another after a promotion has been processed. I'm sure people would prefer the better of the two deals ($49.99) but what they were doing should have been communicated better.

F4r0_Atak

That might be what Amazon is trying to get away with but I'm not sure you can just disqualify it from one promotion in favour of another after a promotion has been processed. I'm sure people would prefer the better of the two deals ($49.99) but what they were doing should have been communicated better.

Amen.

Still dealing with this BS of 24$ missing on my order's E3 20% off. Both the french and english CS offered me the worst service so far ever since I created my Amazon.ca account.

Bluenoser

Has anyone found a Canadian retailer selling I am Setsuna? Amazon.ca doesn't even have that game listed and since I buy everything there, I'm not sure where else to go. A quick google search did not help.

frequency

Things didn't need to change if people weren't abusing the last deal for the entire year and taking advantage of customer support not knowing any better.

Now it's changed to a broken dollar off system and customer service people aren't allowed to adjust anymore and need to pass it on to another department.

Thanks jerks.

Amen.

Still dealing with this BS of 24$ missing on my order's E3 20% off. Both the french and english CS offered me the worst service so far ever since I created my Amazon.ca account.

Why don't you just stop worrying and simply wait for your stuff to ship before complaining that you didn't get your promo?

Prices could be adjusted on their own before the release dates too...

It's pointless to share your misadventures with a bunch of clueless CSR's saying a bunch of crap.

I understand your frustration but the way it's going we'll be talking about this (un)famous E3 2015 promo for 2+ years.

Ken Adams

Things didn't need to change if people weren't abusing the last deal for the entire year and taking advantage of customer support not knowing any better.

Now it's changed to a broken dollar off system and customer service people aren't allowed to adjust anymore and need to pass it on to another department.

Thanks jerks.

I completely agree with you man. Quick word of advise to people, just call customer service when it gets shipped. Never use the chat for video game issues unless you guys love going through hoops.

F4r0_Atak

Why don't you just stop worrying and simply wait for your stuff to ship before complaining that you didn't get your promo?

Prices could be adjusted on their own before the release dates too...

It's pointless to share your misadventures with a bunch of clueless CSR's saying a bunch of crap.

I understand your frustration but the way it's going we'll be talking about this (un)famous E3 2015 promo for 2+ years.

Well... I just got a better CSR. Instead of applying a direct/manual discount for the 24$ missing, she sent me a 25$ credit on Amazon account. All should be good now.

I recently moved to Canada from Northern Ireland and was wondering where is a good place to buy a Xbox One? I'm not interested in bundles as I've bought most of my games digitally.

Dazzler

I recently moved to Canada from Northern Ireland and was wondering where is a good place to buy a Xbox One? I'm not interested in bundles as I've bought most of my games digitally.

If you can hold on a few months you can get the One S...

If not, Best Buy and EB Games are selling the current console quite cheaply these days.

Try Craigslist or Kijiji if you're ok buying second hand

Lexxism

Just visit this thread often (not on game release! Spare your life please). Who knows chapters indigo might have the XB1 again for $250s.

krae_man

I just got emailed the E3 Theatre Experience codes.

Check your inboxes if you went.

Anybody know what the paragon code gives you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom