• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I'm not sure how Amazon is arguing that 20% off $49.96 is $1.97. Because this is what my order says:

Pokemon Sun - Nintendo 3DS Sun Edition
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
CDN$ 49.96

E3 20% Off: -CDN$ 1.97

Firestorm

lmao, I said the same thing in the chat. She reduced the price 20% properly.
Yeah, I haven't messaged them yet but that's the reasoning I'm going to go with. This isn't Best Buy where the price is just automatically lower ._. There's a section that says 20% off with a value beside it.

I wish the free money thing worked with Xbox Live credit. The cards that are eligible are constantly sold out. I need them Play Anywhere PC goodness!

Kyolux

Yes, but how many other routers can you wear as a crown and declare yourself king of the Internets?

That's why you attack your neighbour and take their ports.

Thanks for the laugh.. I was on phone with my mom and couldn't help but grin heavily.

-

In non-gaming news.. 3rd job interview in like a month and a half. At the senate this time! And I applied last week accidently lol. It'd be just a detachment though. After a year, back to the old job unless something comes up.

-

That free money thing, I guess that means time to pick up some more psn cards. Should be enough to cover what I'll be missing for ZTD and S;G 0 and some more. :D

Trogdor1123

Guys, what's the cheapest and best way (not in that order but cost is a concern) to expand my wifi network? I want it to all use the Sam signal, not require changing routers. I my router in the basement and an Ethernet cable run to my top floor already. Just need some tech and a walk through.

Thanks

True Fire

Amazon basically told me that a manual price adjustment will void the pre-order price guarantee, so I have to take their word that they'll give me a refund after Pokemon ships.

Next time I'm going with Best Buy, tbh. This shit should be automatic.

zroid

Banned
I'm kind of thinking I might just wait till closer to release before asking Amazon to adjust my Pokémon orders

For one thing in case there's another price drop (or temporary discount), I don't want to have to contact them yet again over the same issue. And second, I'm still not sure which version I'm going with, so I'd rather just cancel the one I don't want first, rather than asking them to adjust the price of two games.

Kyolux

Yeah.. looks like this was the last hurrah.. I don't think we'll get any deal next year.. Not with all the reps being bothered by us so much.

Let's just hope price go down not too long after release/fixed CDN dollar.

N° 2048

Going to be very very interesting to see next year's E3 deals.

Calling it now, best we are getting is tax-free pre-orders lol or %10 off entire order.

UberTag

I'm kind of thinking I might just wait till closer to release before asking Amazon to adjust my Pokémon orders

For one thing in case there's another price drop (or temporary discount), I don't want to have to contact them yet again over the same issue. And second, I'm still not sure which version I'm going with, so I'd rather just cancel the one I don't want first, rather than asking them to adjust the price of two games.
The one issue is if there's a further price drop that lowers the price below $47.99, your 20% discount will be completely wiped out. So when you raise the issue with them then asking about a promotional 20% rate you had on your order they won't see evidence of it at all.

Going to be very very interesting to see next year's E3 deals.

Calling it now, best we are getting is tax-free pre-orders lol or %10 off entire order.
No worries from me. I'll just wait the 6 weeks after launch to get 30% off or greater when they need to clear out inventory.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I asked a rep about Pokemon too, and rather than properly applying the promotion, they simply promised the appropriate refund when the order ships. Never dealt with an Amazon refund on shipping before, so let's see how that works out.

UberTag

I asked a rep about Pokemon too, and rather than properly applying the promotion, they simply promised the appropriate refund when the order ships. Never dealt with an Amazon refund on shipping before, so let's see how that works out.
I suspect it will result in much tooth pulling and hoop jumping that will waste more of your time than the value of the discount you're looking to have applied. Perhaps you'll get a credit back after a month or so.

No worries from me. I'll just wait the 6 weeks after launch to get 30% off or greater when they need to clear out inventory.

I never thought I'd be that kind of consumer but I've definitely shifted to this model this generation. Always wanted things Day 1 in the past but now I appreciate waiting and playing the list of games I already have to beat. Cheaper on the wallet too.

Still haven't played Uncharted 4 for example. And that's a series I adore and normally would play entirely Day 1.

Sora_N

I never thought I'd be that kind of consumer but I've definitely shifted to this model this generation. Always wanted things Day 1 in the past but now I appreciate waiting and playing the list of games I already have to beat. Cheaper on the wallet too.

Still haven't played Uncharted 4 for example. And that's a series I adore and normally would play entirely Day 1.

Fuck. Me too. I played so much Overwatch that I didn't play UC anymore.

bryt

I think I'm gonna start doing this. I have so many unopened games.

chrono01

I'm not sure how Amazon is arguing that 20% off $49.96 is $1.97. Because this is what my order says:
How do you view the discount per game? I just see a bunch of discounts for "E3 20% Off" in the upper right of the page with the standard pricing for all of the games in my order information.

Firestorm

How do you view the discount per game? I just see a bunch of discounts for "E3 20% Off" in the upper right of the page with the standard pricing for all of the games in my order information.
It split up the 20% off by price tier for me and Pokemon was the only $59.99 game I had (the others were all $79.99).
Fuck. Me too. I played so much Overwatch that I didn't play UC anymore.
I was so excited for Uncharted 4 and it took me a month to finish because of Overwatch. Mirror's Edge I have been hyped for years but Open World + Overwatch means I only have played about 2 hours...

ShippingGAF, for those who give a shit about Tokyo Mirage Sessions (all 2 of you weaboos out there), Best Buy charged my card earlier today ($51) for my pre-order from 2-3 years ago I think. It still says SMTxFE on the order as well.

Also at this point we all might as well wait for Black Friday so Amazon will give us another 30% off discount. All those games I pre-ordered are god damned far off that waiting for Black Friday actually isn't that unreasonable. At the very least, all those nice PS4 exclusives aren't out till like 2017

ohlawd

ShippingGAF, for those who give a shit about Tokyo Mirage Sessions (all 2 of you weaboos out there), Best Buy charged my card earlier today ($51) for my pre-order from 2-3 years ago I think. It still says SMTxFE on the order as well

OH SHIT ME TOO

gonna try and sell it though cuz I wanna go digital for shorter load times. anyone want it for $55? I'm in BC

Stage On

.Also at this point we all might as well wait for Black Friday so Amazon will give us another 30% off discount. All those games I pre-ordered are god damned far off that waiting for Black Friday actually isn't that unreasonable. At the very least, all those nice PS4 exclusives aren't out till like 2017

That's not going to help much for stuff like Pokemon which is coming out before Black friday

zroid

Banned
ShippingGAF, for those who give a shit about Tokyo Mirage Sessions (all 2 of you weaboos out there), Best Buy charged my card earlier today ($51) for my pre-order from 2-3 years ago I think. It still says SMTxFE on the order as well.
Still waiting...

Best Buy plz

chrono01

It split up the 20% off by price tier for me and Pokemon was the only $59.99 game I had (the others were all $79.99).I was so excited for Uncharted 4 and it took me a month to finish because of Overwatch. Mirror's Edge I have been hyped for years but Open World + Overwatch means I only have played about 2 hours...
Oh, I gotcha.

Yeah, I have one large order with different price ranges, so I guess that won't work for me. :(

Amazon is shipping my 3DS copy of Zero Time Dilemma a week later. Low supply maybe?

I have the Vita version preordered too and haven't gotten an email about it

Stage On

Far Harbor alone is $35 on PSN/Steam instead of $25.

We can't catch a break.

That makes me feel like a bandit that I snagged the season pass when it was still only $30 Cnd on Psn since I knew it wouldn't be long before they'd up it since it was already $40 on other networks.

To bad stuff like that is so few and far between these days. It's hard going from getting stuff day 1 to twittering my thumbs waiting for stuff to price drop

mdubs

Banned
Been charged for TMS #FE for $45. That's my last Future Shop preorder

MGS3-Salute.jpg

Truly the glory days

Ryne

So is a Tokyo Mirage Session special edition being released in Canada?

https://www.ebgames.ca/Wii%20U/Games/723800/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-special-edition

I preordered and cancelled that edition at EB four times. Just couldn't justify the cost.

It was a EBgames exclusive iirc.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Gravity Rush 2 is now $79.99 on bestbuy.ca guys.

Damn it :(
Guess I have to keep my BB preorder, picked it up at 59.99.

Can't wait for Tokyo Mirage on monday (rip futureshop) and then Star Ocean on tuesday. Already told my gf she won't see me for a few days unless she wants to join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom