• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
fucking best buy, long story short I called them a couple days ago to add a gift card to my TMS#FE order, and last night got an email that the payment wasn't processed

now i've been on the phone with them for the last 40 minutes and nobody can figure out what's wrong :X

Mupod

My first Amazon order with Prime - got a trial when putting in my E3 preorders. Didn't even go for 1 day shipping, surprise surprise my #FE order isn't delayed by a week like all my non-prime orders (including the ones that were supposed to have 1 day shipping). It's shipping today so I'll hopefully have it for the weekend.

Too bad my ancient Future Shop preorder got fucked up. I was still holding on to it, and it was still called 'SMT x Fire Emblem' even though the release date was updating correctly. It was part of my old Mario Kart 8 preorder - when I updated my address information they ended up giving me Mario Kart for $20 and setting SMTxFE to $65 for some reason. I didn't even notice until a few weeks ago when I checked in on the preorder. On a related note, I felt a little bit sorry for the CSR both times I called about that order as they tried to pronounce 'Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem'

daevv

Weird, I pre-ordered it during E3. Says not shipped with delivery between June 28th and July 4. I selected free shipping though.

poodpick

Does anyone know if you get more reward zone points at best buy if you buy a console? It only lists games and accessories on the reward zone page.

Reveirg

To people earlier in the thread whose Tokyo Mirage Sessions had already been charged on their CC for bb.ca. Does it still show as only "pre-order" on your order status?

To people earlier in the thread whose Tokyo Mirage Sessions had already been charged on their CC for bb.ca. Does it still show as only "pre-order" on your order status?

Yeah. There are a few hours between when you get charged and a shipped status on the order page.

Ondore

TMS (sorry, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem) just shipped. And with that, my last Shop of the Future email.

MGS3-Salute.jpg

explodet

I've actually got two orders of #FE coming 'cause I got one at 20% and another at 30% off, and I didn't want to deal with cancelling one of the orders when I could just return the more expensive one to the brick & mortar store nearby.

N° 2048

I've actually got two orders of #FE coming 'cause I got one at 20% and another at 30% off, and I didn't want to deal with cancelling one of the orders when I could just return the more expensive one to the brick & mortar store nearby.

You in Toronto?

Yeah that happened to me with Xenoblade X a good amount of months back. I'm too lazy to call Best Buy and cancel shit. The last time I did it took the rep 45 minutes to remove a single game because she didn't know what to do.

Also TMS was charged, but my delivery estimate is for June 27. I even took the Friday off and Saturday off for the game. I believed in you Best Buy

Ventara

Well fuck, I completely forgot I had preordered Tokyo Mirage SE on Amazon US. Even if I am able to return it, I'll lose the shipping cost. Is this thing supposed to be rare? Maybe I can sell it.

Anyways, my final pre-order from Futureshop finally shipped. It's the regular version of Tokyo Mirage. With this, I'll be saying my final goodbyes to Futureshop. Favourite moments were trading in trading in $15 EB games for $40 credit, turning arround and buying some $25 game for $60 credit at EB. Also, those trade 1 for new release Vita games. Those were the golden years.

Canon

Banned
My Shin Megami x Fire Emblem shipped from Future Shop, and I was charged full price ($64.99 + tax). But last time this happened, I received 30% back as a credit days later... so we'll see.

They used Purolator ground so I'm gonna have to drive an hour to the airport to pick it up.

My Shin Megami x Fire Emblem shipped from Future Shop, and I was charged full price ($64.99 + tax). But last time this happened, I received 30% back as a credit days later... so we'll see.

They used Purolator ground so I'm gonna have to drive an hour to the airport to pick it up.

Fuck. I hope they don't do Purolator for me.

Sealtest

They're only shipping Purolator now since Canada Post is doing stuff with workers BBYBilly confirmed on the forums.

It's nice to know with Purolator my package which was sent out today will still only make it on the 27th.. BB would've been better off using UPS or something.

BBYBilly said:
I'm happy to help clear this situation up.

As always, we are committed to exceptional delivery of our products and excellent customer service. Our main shipping partner, Canada Post, has been in negotiation with its employees on a new labour contract, and a potential service disruption may occur as early as July 3rd, 2016. In anticipation, we have temporarily transitioned our shipping needs to Purolator to avoid the risk of any delays.

I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns.

Dot-N-Run

I got an email from Bestbuy today saying that my old $45 Futureshop order for smt x fe couldn't go through. Now not only will I have to call them up and spend who knows how long on the phone just to fix this, but there is no chance of me getting the game until next week.

Ah, what a disaster.

I got an email from Bestbuy today saying that my old $45 Futureshop order for smt x fe couldn't go through. Now not only will I have to call them up and spend who knows how long on the phone just to fix this, but there is no chance of me getting the game until next week.

Ah, what a disaster.

Just like us in Quebec!

Amazon's trying to say that the discount applied to the Pokemon games is correct. Did you guys that got it properly adjusted need to bring it to a manager?

Kiro

Amazon's trying to say that the discount applied to the Pokemon games is correct. Did you guys that got it properly adjusted need to bring it to a manager?

I did yes. They told me that it was a maximum of two games the promo could be applied to. I said let me talk to your manager and it was easily solved. Received 20$ promo for the missing discounts on Titanfall 2 and Pokemon

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So there might be a postal strike/lockout next week? Shipping just got harder...

Oh crap, back to Best Buy using Purolator again and sitting all day waiting for a package that will come between 8am and 6pm. :(

Kyolux

So there might be a postal strike/lockout next week? Shipping just got harder...

Oh crap, back to Best Buy using Purolator again and sitting all day waiting for a package that will come between 8am and 6pm. :(

At work they said that wouldn't be until the first week of July? It affects us over here heavily, since patents and trade-marks and stuff depositions goes by date of post.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At work they said that wouldn't be until the first week of July? It affects us over here heavily, since patents and trade-marks and stuff depositions goes by date of post.
No idea, but my Fire Emblem shipped via Purolator so at the very least Best Buy is expecting a disruption in service now and aren't taking any chances.

Yasumi

Banned
Nooo, my US Zero Time Dilemma watch edition. My VLR watch edition was lost in the mail when I ordered from Amazon US years ago, so any possible mail issues now are just UGH.

Luigi87

Is it shipping now? Or just saying arriving Tuesday?

#shiptalks

Arriving Tuesday. I got an email about eligible for release date delivery.

Now I don't know if it's all copies, or if it was because mine was conveniently upgraded to Priority Shipping when my copy of FEFates SE shipping was upgraded for free (since they were in the same order).

zroid

Banned
fucking best buy, long story short I called them a couple days ago to add a gift card to my TMS#FE order, and last night got an email that the payment wasn't processed

now i've been on the phone with them for the last 40 minutes and nobody can figure out what's wrong :X

finally after the payment failed to be processed for a second time, they asked me to place a new order while I was on the line with the CSR and she manually discounted it to $39.99

all's well that ends well I guess

but I'm not gonna get the game till Monday at the earliest cause of the delay

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nooo, my US Zero Time Dilemma watch edition. My VLR watch edition was lost in the mail when I ordered from Amazon US years ago, so any possible mail issues now are just UGH.
Crap, I didn't even think about that. I wonder what they'll do... I guess it would just be stuck? Or will they pay for UPS - particularly since they collect taxes on their end.

Toys r us has a sale on Mirrors Edge for 20 dollars off. Also has buy on get one half off on clearance items tomorrow. Including old magic tcg sets! Bought a commanders deck for 30 dollars.

CazTGG

Fixed for everyone or just for your order? How did they go about fixing it? Applied the missing amount to your order or will it now automatically adjust even if game prices are further adjusted?

Just me as far I know though i'd be happy to wrong about that. Basically, they corrected the percentages so all the games that qualified get 20% off and are discounted at their current price i.e. Sun & Moon being discounted by 20% at $49.99 each.

Sealtest

Toys r us has a sale on Mirrors Edge for 20 dollars off. Also has buy on get one half off on clearance items tomorrow. Including old magic tcg sets! Bought a commanders deck for 30 dollars.
They're clearing out commander sets? Which ones? I might go if Boros one is on clearance

Kyolux

Arriving Tuesday. I got an email about eligible for release date delivery.

Now I don't know if it's all copies, or if it was because mine was conveniently upgraded to Priority Shipping when my copy of FEFates SE shipping was upgraded for free (since they were in the same order).

Oh, I switched to digital for ZTD to not have to worry about that, making sure I either have SO5 or that to play Tuesday evening after work.

But yeah, prime for me, so it says arriving Tuesday since a while ago.

Luigi87

Oh, I switched to digital for ZTD to not have to worry about that, making sure I either have SO5 or that to play Tuesday evening after work.

But yeah, prime for me, so it says arriving Tuesday since a while ago.

Ooh, yeah, no prime here though.

You did remind me though that now I'll have 999 physical, VLR digital, and ZTD physical.

I should have bought VLR physical at a point, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom