• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Lol, July 7-11 expected date for ZTD.

...save $6 and wait, or get it ASAP either in store or download...? That is my dilemma.

killroy87

Has anyone tried to complain at amazon to get them to stop using certain carriers for you? I assume that would never work, but I'm one of the few that actually prefers Canada Post (living in an apartment, it's much easier), so them now starting to use Purolator and FedEx all the time is a major pain in my ass.

KraytarJ

If the game is 39.99 on PSN store (crossing my fingers on them temporarily having the US price up).. there won't be really much price difference anyway.
I don't think Sony cares enough to change Vita prices. They usually (always?) seem to be at parity with the US prices for whatever reason. At least in my experience.

bakawind

Neo Member
Hey folks, I was able to talk to an amazon rep about my Pokemon Sun and Moon order, and instead of applying the e3 promotional deal they just lowered the price.

Hello <blank>,

I am sorry to hear that you had issues applying the E3 promotion to your order,Order ID: XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX .

We certainly did not expect this to happen.

To make things right for you , I've directly changed the price of the item itself rather than applying the promotion .

Making any changes to promotion might make the already applied promotions to be invalid.So I've directly directly changed the price.

I hope this helps ! We look forward to see you again.

Here's what my order looks like now:
zYJqL2M.png

on ZTD: What the hell is the point of Amazon Prime if I don't even get games in the first WEEK of release, ffs. I only pay 40 bucks for it, but still regret it.

Was it just your store? I might just go and look, Last time I went I got 4 khans starter decks for $4.99 each.

B1G1 50% right? or are commander set's lowered?

Bogo starts tomorrow. Its all stores. Also includes all old sets. Khans/Dragons, Origins, etc. Anything not Shadows over Innistrad.

Jashobeam

noticed bestbuy put the preorder price of Gravity Rush 2 back to $79.99 from $59.99, I hope my preorder price sticks because I don't know if bestbuy has lowest price policy like amazon does.

Faenix1

Hey folks, I was able to talk to an amazon rep about my Pokemon Sun and Moon order, and instead of applying the e3 promotional deal they just lowered the price.

Here's what my order looks like now:

I imagine you phoned or something?

My phone likes to cut out so been trying email support and getting nowhere. "Direct you to the marketing team and respond in 1 or 2 days" ..5 days later nothing. >.>

hazukash

It's been 2 days since I sent an email to Amazon about my Pokémon order. No answer or stealth change to my order yet, and today is a holiday so I don't expect any reply... unless all their agents are based in Ontario so they don't celebrate St-Jean. What a mess.

Anyone else order any video games from BB recently after doing the 25x points pre-order during E3? Doom shows up in my Reward Zone purchases now but it's missing the 10x bonus. Not sure if it'll only show up 36 days later because it's a special promo or not, but the purchases area usually shows all pending points.

killroy87

Anyone else order any video games from BB recently after doing the 25x points pre-order during E3? Doom shows up in my Reward Zone purchases now but it's missing the 10x bonus. Not sure if it'll only show up 36 days later because it's a special promo or not, but the purchases area usually shows all pending points.

I thought the bonus was just for preorders? I'm not sure theres a way to get any bonus points for just buying games. I could be wrong, though.

killroy87

So my purolator package went from shipping label created to out for delivery. I forgot just how bad they are.

Purolator is by far the worst. I thought I was annoyed at Amazon when they used some rinky dink local courier service, but now every single package seems to be a new surprise carrier.

I'm curious to know what exactly made them seem to step so far away from Canada Post. They might not always be the fastest, but they can leave shit in your mailbox, and a post office to pick something up is generally pretty close.

Purolator is by far the worst. I thought I was annoyed at Amazon when they used some rinky dink local courier service, but now every single package seems to be a new surprise carrier.

I'm curious to know what exactly made them seem to step so far away from Canada Post. They might not always be the fastest, but they can leave shit in your mailbox, and a post office to pick something up is generally pretty close.

Canada post quality of service differs heavily on where you live. Canada post in my area is the absolute slowest service on the face of the planet. If you want your packages late all the time go with Canada Post. Purolator on the other hand I have always received stuff on time in my area.

I honestly wish Amazon would just let you choose the courier yourself. Then everyone gets what they want.

It's been 2 days since I sent an email to Amazon about my Pokémon order. No answer or stealth change to my order yet, and today is a holiday so I don't expect any reply... unless all their agents are based in Ontario so they don't celebrate St-Jean. What a mess.

What is St-Jean?

killroy87

Canada post quality of service differs heavily on where you live. Canada post in my area is the absolute slowest service on the face of the planet. If you want your packages late all the time go with Canada Post. Purolator on the other hand I have always received stuff on time in my area.

I honestly wish Amazon would just let you choose the courier yourself. Then everyone gets what they want.

Yeah, it's not so much the speed, it's more that living in an apartment means that Canada Post ha s a distinct advantage over everyone else in that they can enter my building when I'm not home and put shit in my mail slot. With anyone else, if I'm not home when they deliver (which I never am because, surprise surprise, I have a job), I have to go pick it up.

Leeness

Oh god, is Amazon using Purolator now? I should get all my packages shipped to my work then because the closest Purolator pick up for me is a 45 minute drive away. Such garbage.

Yeah, it's not so much the speed, it's more that living in an apartment means that Canada Post ha s a distinct advantage over everyone else in that they can enter my building when I'm not home and put shit in my mail slot. With anyone else, if I'm not home when they deliver (which I never am because, surprise surprise, I have a job), I have to go pick it up.

This is why I have all of my Amazon packages delivered to a CP office lately (@a Pharmaprix) Not as fast as straight to the mail slot, but guarantees an easy pickup when I have 10 minutes, which beats the hell out of calling the shipper, having it redirected, waiting a day, etc.

killroy87

This is why I have all of my Amazon packages delivered to a CP office lately (@a Pharmaprix) Not as fast as straight to the mail slot, but guarantees an easy pickup when I have 10 minutes, which beats the hell out of calling the shipper, having it redirected, waiting a day, etc.

Tha'ts actually a good idea. I might start doing that.

How does the process work? How do you know when it's arrived at the post office and is ready for pickup?

Edit: Damn, it doesn't look like you can change your shipping address to a post office after the order has been created. you can choose the option right away just fine, but it doens't look like you can change to it after the fact.

iphys

I did that once, and it worked well. Second time they wanted to charge me like $6 to ship to the post office but home delivery was free, so I gave up on that alternative, but maybe that was some sort of glitch that's been fixed now.

jred2k

Did you buy Doom before the 17th? I'm pretty sure the 10x bonus only pertains to games that were bought after the E3 promo was over.

I don't think Sony cares enough to change Vita prices. They usually (always?) seem to be at parity with the US prices for whatever reason. At least in my experience.

Yeah, I remember when Ultra Despair Girls was $49.99 retail, but $39.99 on psn. So was Trails of Cold Steel. Chances are Zero Time Dilemma will follow this pattern.

How does the process work? How do you know when it's arrived at the post office and is ready for pickup?

Edit: Damn, it doesn't look like you can change your shipping address to a post office after the order has been created. you can choose the option right away just fine, but it doens't look like you can change to it after the fact.

They usually send you an email when it gets scanned in at the post office

Amazon CS told me to makes custom shipping address for one of the post offices they support, so I always use that. I know they have that special method to pick delivery to a drop off point but it locks out some shipping options. I asked CS how to redirect and they said to make the address myself, so that's how it works.

killroy87

Amazon CS told me to makes custom shipping address for one of the post offices they support, so I always use that. I know they have that special method to pick delivery to a drop off point but it locks out some shipping options. I asked CS how to redirect and they said to make the address myself, so that's how it works.

Oh, so I can just manually change the shipping address to a Post Office they support, and that will work fine?

Maybe I'll do that.

i-Jest

Well fuck, I completely forgot I had preordered Tokyo Mirage SE on Amazon US. Even if I am able to return it, I'll lose the shipping cost. Is this thing supposed to be rare? Maybe I can sell it.

Anyways, my final pre-order from Futureshop finally shipped. It's the regular version of Tokyo Mirage. With this, I'll be saying my final goodbyes to Futureshop. Favourite moments were trading in trading in $15 EB games for $40 credit, turning arround and buying some $25 game for $60 credit at EB. Also, those trade 1 for new release Vita games. Those were the golden years.

Not yet, but Nintendo would much rather push eShop digital than retail physical. I don't expect a lot of these Special Editions were made, especially given the out cry over sensorship. I imagine a number people cancelled pre-orders when they saw how out of hand it got.

I look at this somewhat the same as Bayonetta 2, the first 6 to 8 months out. Only people who truly wanted it, console exclusivity be damned, bought it and played it. Everyone else let the fact that it was exclusive to the Wii U stop them from supporting it. It was only after news of the retail two disk version being hard to come by, and being discontinued, did people get their heads out of their asses and look for a copy. Luckily Nintendo capitalized on the hype and reprint a single disk version. I expect something of the same situation with this game. However I don't expect Nintendo to make anymore of these Special Editions if a reprint is issued.

I am curious how much TMS are out there. Even the regular edition doesn't seem to be in high quantities. I could just be reading into things though.

I have a Purolator tag/sticker thing that I can put on my door when I know they are coming. They just scan it and it works as your approval. They just leave the package at my door in a bag that I put on the knob. Works since my building is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom