• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Dunno about those with ZTD on amazon, but SO5 is being shipped today for me.

#moreshiptalks #imreallysorryforthoseitbothers

i-Jest

Saw that this morning. Almost want to grab an SE now. EB has them up periodically.

Do it. Do it and never look back.

isn't best buy only carrying it online? can't be much then

So just like Devils Third then? Yeah, we can expect retailers not to have much. And in a couple months, expect it to be going for at least double the price on Amazon, when stock has dried up everywhere else.

hazukash

Amazon said:
I'm sorry to hear your promotion haven't applied for your order.

I've checked with our marketing team and they informed your 20% off E3 promotion had been already applied to your order.

It's like they didn't bother reading my email about the promotion being applied incorrectly. "It's already on, why are you complaining about getting $3.94 off? Free money!"

iphys

Spotted a deal on RFD good till 8 pm eastern today, where you use paypal to make a USD75 purchase on eBay and save USD15 with promo code CSUMMERFUN2016. People are buying CAD100 gift cards. They have some xbox ones, but no eShop. If I buy the bestbuy.ca gift card can I still use those in store to get eShop cards? Pretty sure I've done that in the past. Also, pending postal strike on actually getting the gift card in the mail timely though.

hazukash

always use the live chat lol

I just did. The rep wanted to give me... $10 in amazon credit "exceptionally". I said it was underwhelming because I should get $10 off each game, not just $10 off in total. So he ended up escalating the issue to his supervisor, who made me keep my $3.94 off and gave me $20 in amazon credit. Not bad at all. This might be the best deal someone has gotten for Pokémon on GAF too. Not sure.

iphys

Bought the BestBuy.ca $100 gift card, as I'm sure I'll use it for something should I not be able to use it for eShop cards. Came to $82.72 after discount and postage fee. Add the item to your cart rather than buy it now, log into paypal in a separate window, and you'll be able to checkout and apply the eBay coupon before committing to buy, which is a little less scary. Also, you can add multiple cheaper items to your cart to reach the USD75 threshold before checking out.

Kiro

I just did. The rep wanted to give me... $10 in amazon credit "exceptionally". I said it was underwhelming because I should get $10 off each game, not just $10 off in total. So he ended up escalating the issue to his supervisor, who made me keep my $3.94 off and gave me $20 in amazon credit. Not bad at all. This might be the best deal someone has gotten for Pokémon on GAF too. Not sure.

I received 20$ amazon credit for TF2 and Pokemon (so $10 each) and never got the $3 removed either. Agreed though, I ended up happy.

Anony

looks like no tokyo mirage

purolator delivery was too dumb to leave the package with front gate at my apt (like canada post)
'no entry code'
didn't even leave one of those 'we missed you' slips/note
spoke to the live chat and was basically, 'not our problem', and it will be reshipped monday

purolator is just fucking bad, fuck their shitty service

Ryde3

So my purolator package went from shipping label created to out for delivery. I forgot just how bad they are.

Man they are the WORST! Had a terrible experience the past week, they sent my package to the farthest possible location, told me it would cost $$$ to have it sent to my work, then they sent it to my local location, didn't tell me - and when I showed up from work without the tracking number they can't search by fucking name or address. Terrible terrible company, UPS is no better. Canada Post is okay pretty much only because my neighborhood postman is awesome.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

purolator delivery was too dumb to leave the package with front gate at my apt (like canada post)
'no entry code'
spoke to the live chat and was basically, 'not our problem', and it will be reshipped monday

I assume Purolator has a must sign thing. But yeah, it's pretty annoying. UPS isn't that great either, but least they have pick up locations now.

Oh, so I can just manually change the shipping address to a Post Office they support, and that will work fine?

Maybe I'll do that.

Yeah. I specifically asked to redirect an existing package to a PO, and they told me to make a new address in my address book with the exact details of the PO location. No care of or anything needed. Just your name and the PO location. The only requirement is you have to make sure it's a location Amazon supports on their pick up list. Kinda weird but no objections yet.

Elitist1945

If a flight from Ottawa to London is 550 Pounds, how much would that cost me in Canadian? I always get confused on how to convert rates. Google says 550 Pounds is equal to 937 Canadian but I feel like thats not the answer I'm looking for lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If a flight from Ottawa to London is 550 Pounds, how much would that cost me in Canadian? I always get confused on how to convert rates. Google says 550 Pounds is equal to 937 Canadian but I feel like thats not the answer I'm looking for lol.
It used to be around 1 pound = 2+ dollars. Of course that's changed considerably.
(When Amiibo used to be a thing, I remember importing from the UK)

krae_man

Microsoft store has Lego Dimensions stuff 50% off.

I was going to grab the Simpsons stuff but the Level pack is sold out. Not sure if I want the figures without the level pack.

Also the Game is not on clearance yet so I'd want that too.

Yo this PSN sale is legit. Mad Max for $20 is mine.

'no entry code'

Man at least Canada post shoves their shit into my mailbox even when it clearly won't fit. I have to walk 20 minutes to get to the closest Purolator retailer partner whatever the fuck thing.

I thought the bonus was just for preorders? I'm not sure theres a way to get any bonus points for just buying games. I could be wrong, though.

The 25x was, but I'm pretty sure 10x was supposed to apply to all video game purchases:

10x points is applicable to new video games ordered/purchased between June 17-Dec 31, 2016 and cannot be combined with any other RZ points offers. Reward Zone points will be automatically added to your Reward Zone Gamers Club account 36 days after the pickup/shipping date.

The fine print didn't say anything about pre-orders only.

Did you buy Doom before the 17th? I'm pretty sure the 10x bonus only pertains to games that were bought after the E3 promo was over.

Yup, order placed on the evening of the 18th.

Gotta pick up my TMS at the centre, good thing I picked another one up at EB today using some trade credit I had. Came out to $30. I will just return the other one. Gonna avoid shipments while Purolator is handling them.

Sealtest

Got my copy of Tokyo Mirage today. Purolator left it in my mailbox. Glad I didn't have to pick it up at the centre.

Mine arrived at 5pm EST and I had to sign for it. Apparently I was his last delivery for the day and the rest of his packages will sit until monday =/

eyesradar

Guys there's that ebay $15 off $75 deal again. Works on those the mail-out gift card sellers I guess. Need to use PayPal tho.

CSUMMERFUN2016

According to someone on RFD this deal expires on 8pm edt tonight

Edit: nvm didn't see the post above.

explodet

Thanks again explodet !

Stoked to play.
2ouDWXa.gif

Mentok

Banned
Dunno if this is the place to post this, but figured it's a Canadian site...for those interested in getting SRW OG:Moon Dwellers, it's finally available for pre-order on videogamesplus.ca (I was waiting a while for this one!).

Things cost more Canadian dollars than British pounds, so that sounds like a proper conversion

I got my TMS today, thanks to Purolator who stopped by my house at 2:30. If it wasn't friday I'd be doomed to make a trip to the depot. Why even bother ringing the doorbell at a time like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom