• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4r0_Atak

nah dude wait for us PST people to catch up

LOL... sorry mate! :p

EDIT: I just noticed something... I checked my original email when I finalized my pre-orders and I am paying more now than I did before. I don't why price drops affects my E3 discount so much, it's ridiculous. I am missing 30$ now. :S

Renewed

I just realized that MH Generations and 7th Dragon III will be out the same week... ugh this isn't gonna end well. Back to the mad dash to blitz through games or I'll just end up with a bigger backlog. And then next week will be news on SMTIV:A's release date. Please just space this out for me....

F4r0_Atak

With the upcoming Staples deal (20$ off on 100$ + orders)... I was thinking about maybe getting 50$ cards in order to pay for the 1 year of PS+. How many PS+ subscriptions can we stack at once?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
With the upcoming Staples deal (20$ off on 100$ + orders)... I was thinking about maybe getting 50$ cards in order to pay for the 1 year of PS+. How many PS+ subscriptions can we stack at once?
At least 6, which is how many I had back when they were on sale.

F4r0_Atak

I was thinking about something today... especially after all the misfortunes of the Amazon E3 promo hassles many of us have encountered. This is the feedback I have sent during the evaluation of service after asking the CS why I was paying more now than I did on June 15th, even though the total before tax was almost 28$ lower...

For future pre-order promotions, whether it is for E3, Black Friday or Boxing Day, if the automatic system miscalculate the promotion discount (eg.: 20% on pre-orders), I strongly believe it would be simpler to provide concerned customers with Gift Card Balance for the missing difference. That way both parties (customer and Customer Service representative) don't have to calculate the total or the discount or to worry about the promotion being voided due to manual overwrite, as it would act as a normal gift card.

Less hassle, faster to resolve, easier to apply. Happy customer, happy customer service. BOOM!

F4r0_Atak

The 20$ off promo on 100$ and more purchase at Staples... I don't know if it was known before, it doesn't apply to electronic codes but works for regular PSN card (20$, 50$). :p

EDIT: Should I get two 50$ and a 20$ PSN card? Since I have 20$ off on a 100$ and more order, it would be as if I never paid for that last card. :/

terrible

Banned
The 20$ off promo on 100$ and more purchase at Staples... I don't know if it was known before, it doesn't apply to electronic codes but works for regular PSN card (20$, 50$). :p

EDIT: Should I get two 50$ and a 20$ PSN card? Since I have 20$ off on a 100$ and more order, it would be as if I never paid for that last card. :/

Two $50 cards is a better deal. 20% off vs 17% off.

Hm, I can't checkout with the coupon. I have 2 $50 cards in my cart but it says
"Promotion not applied: Required item(s) are not in the cart and/or minimum purchase amount has not been met."

Sealtest

Amazon finally emailed me again and this time it's quite the doozy. Guess I need to decide if its even worth arguing this anymore.

Really regretting not making second orders on best buy.

Amazon said:
Hello from Amazon.ca

I'm writing to follow up on our conversation about the promotion of your order# -------------------

I checked with our Marketing department and they informed that the actual price of the item on our listings is $69.99. Since this item is eligible for E3 discount, we do change the item price to $49.96.

I apologize if these information were unclear on our website while placing your order.

We hope to see you again.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hm, I can't checkout with the coupon. I have 2 $50 cards in my cart but it says
"Promotion not applied: Required item(s) are not in the cart and/or minimum purchase amount has not been met."
Yeah, as noted above, this doesn't apply to codes. It has to be the physical cards.

Reich

I've got an accident with my cellphone. It broke.

Anyone have an insurrance with their Visa credit card? How does it work?

(sorry for my bad english! Québec proud represent)

Gitaroo

that staples promo code works in store right? I want to get xbl money card, but all sold out online, is there a way to check if the code works before they scan it?

Lexxism

Seems like this code can only be used once. (Not even one per customer) :/
Or any promo code doesn't work with PSN card anymore since it's a gift card.

Yeah, it seems like that code can only be used once. Need to find a similar code to see if the code will work on PSN card

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Any of you have a tokyo mirrage special edition I can buy (in toronto)?

Kyolux

Well.. guess I'll forget about that $20 off at staples. Unless anyone knows how to get a fresh code?

Or does the offer work in store without one?

Kyolux

check your pms

Thanks a lot. Made my order.

Weird that they charged me $3 in taxes.. but oh well.

WTF.. that was "estimated at $3".. just got the email.. they charged me 11$ in taxes.. Best Buy doesn't charge taxes for these cards, so I assumed they didn't either.. bleh..

Megasoum

Banned
Got my GTX 1080 a couple of weeks ago... I wonder if it's worth trying to sell my GTX 770...

I hate having to deal with Craigslist/Kijiji or Ebay...Posted an ad on the billboard at work and on Facebook but no takers so far... Bleh

i'm on the phone with amazon.ca customer service regarding the discount error during the e3 sale. I was told back on the 17th of june that someone from the marketing team would contact me regarding the missing discount on my order.

I heard nothing from them since so I called back and was told by the CSR that the missing discount will only apply once my "CREDIT CARD COMPANY authorizes the charge for the order".

WHAT.....WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

I asked to speak to a supervisor and I'm back on hold.

Ventara

I'm really surprised by the amount of people having problems with their Amazon orders. I didn't get anything, but Amazon is usually good with this stuff. Maybe they've been losing too much on this deal from past years?

Anyways, Staples charges taxes on those PSN cards? Guess I'll pass since $10 off $100 isn't worth it to me, since I still have $100 PSN credit from last time (and they didn't charge tax that time).

True Fire

i'm on the phone with amazon.ca customer service regarding the discount error during the e3 sale. I was told back on the 17th of june that someone from the marketing team would contact me regarding the missing discount on my order.

I heard nothing from them since so I called back and was told by the CSR that the missing discount will only apply once my "CREDIT CARD COMPANY authorizes the charge for the order".

WHAT.....WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

I asked to speak to a supervisor and I'm back on hold.

I got the same answer. It means they charge you the wrong price when the item ships, and then refund your credit card for the difference in the price error.

You can ask for a price change as long as you don't mind giving up the pre-order price guarantee.

Welp, Amazon isn't shipping my ZTD until July 4th apparently even with express shipping. I may just buy the damn thing at full price retail at launch because I want to play it during my break week.

I got the same answer. It means they charge you the wrong price when the item ships, and then refund your credit card for the difference in the price error.

You can ask for a price change as long as you don't mind giving up the pre-order price guarantee.

The supervisor offered me a gift card amount for the difference that the discount was missing. I opted not to take it, since it would make things sketchy if I were to cancel anything on my order in the future after they gave me the money, and i'd rather not deal with the issues that might arise from that.

But to have to wait until an item actually ships in the hope that they correct the mistake themselves? Yeah, I'm probably leaning towards cancelling most of the games from this e3 sale. At least I don't have to have a minimum number of items in my order to qualify for a discount this time.

Fucking Purolator.

So they said they couldn't deliver the package because they didn't have the buzzer code for my apartment. The intercom system has the buzzer code listed with my name on it so I don't see how that would even be a fucking thing.

Ugh. Purolator remains the worst of the carriers. They won't deliver until Tuesday now. Glad I went to EB for TMS. I just need this one to return to Best Buy.

Edit: Wow. Fuck Staples too. The final charge for the PSN cards said $82.60 yet they charged my card for $90. Gonna have to make another phone call.

The total you receive on STAPLES Checkout page is incorrect. They will charge you $10 tax instead of the $2.60 tax they claim.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh if you want to apply the Staples coupon to the online PSN codes, just call in and place the order with the person working. They'll credit your card back the 22 bucks.

Renewed

I dunno how easy or hard it was for Purolator to deliver to my home (since I was at work) but I saw the package on my desk when I got back. I added an address line for my access code to see if it'd help, but I'd have to ask whoever was at home.

Kyolux

Edit: Wow. Fuck Staples too. The final charge for the PSN cards said $82.60 yet they charged my card for $90. Gonna have to make another phone call.

The total you receive on STAPLES Checkout page is incorrect. They will charge you $10 tax instead of the $2.60 tax they claim.

Yeah, I guess you missed my post about it..

I'm gonna try their live chat on Monday, don't really want to deal with calling them.

Has Overwatch gone on sale yet for consoles? I have the PC version but want to pick up the PS4 version to play with a friend, but $80 + a PSN membership is bit more than I want to spend.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have a code. Just need instructions on how you guys got it to apply :)
My local store said it's a gift card and coupons don't apply despite what it said on the coupon restrictions.
You can apply it to the physical cards on the website. Or you can try calling in and asking them to refund you 20 by ordering the digital code card.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
6 is or was still being supported with new content. I haven't checked in a while. There was also a glitch that let you have infinite money. lol

DriveClub is an entirely different kind of game, for better or for worse, so you'd be better off getting Project Cars or just waiting for GT:Sport if you are looking for the sim experience,.

23qwerty

Which is considered better: Gran Turismo 5, or 6? I have a racing itch I want to scratch.

Or should I just get DriveClub.

6, but if it's just a racing itch you want to scratch I'd go for DriveClub.

Driveclub definitely scratches a racing itch and it also scratches that "holy shit this game looks amazing" itch

N° 2048

6 is or was still being supported with new content. I haven't checked in a while. There was also a glitch that let you have infinite money. lol

DriveClub is an entirely different kind of game, for better or for worse, so you'd be better off getting Project Cars or just waiting for GT:Sport if you are looking for the sim experience,.

Driveclub.

F4r0_Atak

i'm on the phone with $=amazon.ca customer service regarding the discount error during the e3 sale. I was told back on the 17th of june that someone from the marketing team would contact me regarding the missing discount on my order.

Been there, done that.

If people didn't notice already, all ~79.99$ games (on Amazon) are unaffected by the E3 promo mess. Since after promo, they are all priced at 63.99$ (before tax). Although, for games like FFXII and Dragon Quest Builders, which are 69.99 and 71.78 (on my order), have their discount calculated proportionally so they are priced at 63.99$ after promo (tested my theory with my E3 total discount and it works). The same thing applies also for the new Pokemon games coming this November. Since they were originally priced at 59.99$, the 20% off discount would be more or less 12$, but now that they are 49.96$, the discount becomes 1.97$ so they can be priced at 47.99$ (the price it would have been with the original price + E3 discount).

For example:

Here's a breakdown of my E3 Order: My Theory ( proportional 20% off - E3 discount)

South Park: The Fractured But Whole................. 79.96..........................................15.97..............................63.99
Dishonored 2..................................................... 79.99..........................................16.00..............................63.99
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.................................. 79.99..........................................16.00..............................63.99
Detroit: Become Human..................................... 79.99..........................................16.00..............................63.99
Death Stranding................................................. 79.99..........................................16.00..............................63.99
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age........................ 69.99..........................................6.00...............................63.99
Gravity Rush 2................................................... 79.99..........................................16.00..............................63.99
Spider-Man........................................................ 79.99..........................................16.00..............................63.99
Days Gone........................................................ 79.99..........................................16.00..............................63.99
Dragon Quest Builders........................................ 79.99..........................................16.00..............................63.99
God of War........................................................ 79.99..........................................16.00..............................63.99
No Man's Sky.................................................... 79.96..........................................15.97..............................63.99
Pokemon Sun.................................................... 49.96..........................................1.97................................47.99
Pokemon Moon.................................................. 49.96..........................................1.97................................47.99
Total................................................................1049.74......................................185.88..............................863.86 (+ tx = 993.22)

EDIT: You can replace my games with yours and it should give you the amount (after tax) you have on your order summary.

Thanks a lot. Made my order.

Weird that they charged me $3 in taxes.. but oh well.

WTF.. that was "estimated at $3".. just got the email.. they charged me 11$ in taxes.. Best Buy doesn't charge taxes for these cards, so I assumed they didn't either.. bleh..

I'm really surprised by the amount of people having problems with their Amazon orders. I didn't get anything, but Amazon is usually good with this stuff. Maybe they've been losing too much on this deal from past years?

Anyways, Staples charges taxes on those PSN cards? Guess I'll pass since $10 off $100 isn't worth it to me, since I still have $100 PSN credit from last time (and they didn't charge tax that time).

Fucking Purolator.

So they said they couldn't deliver the package because they didn't have the buzzer code for my apartment. The intercom system has the buzzer code listed with my name on it so I don't see how that would even be a fucking thing.

Ugh. Purolator remains the worst of the carriers. They won't deliver until Tuesday now. Glad I went to EB for TMS. I just need this one to return to Best Buy.

Just to be clear, I just talked to Staples CS. They don't charge tax for pre-paid/gift cards and that also includes PSN card. So, once it will ship, it will most likely change.

The supervisor offered me a gift card amount for the difference that the discount was missing. I opted not to take it, since it would make things sketchy if I were to cancel anything on my order in the future after they gave me the money, and i'd rather not deal with the issues that might arise from that.

But to have to wait until an item actually ships in the hope that they correct the mistake themselves? Yeah, I'm probably leaning towards cancelling most of the games from this e3 sale. At least I don't have to have a minimum number of items in my order to qualify for a discount this time.

How much did they wanted to give you in gift card?

It sold very well, considering the PS+ mess as well

over 2 million copies. http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/31/driveclub-sales-surpass-2-million-copies

It is not just about how many they sold, but at what price they were sold. I strongly believe that more than 50% (if not 70%) of those sales were sold at 40$ or even less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom