• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just preordered Zero Time Dilemma for Vita at my local ebgames. They said they had one other preorder, and two copies coming in. Same for the 3DS version. So you might want to preorder if you want to walk in and get it on Tuesday.

i-Jest

If anyone here downloaded Trials of The Blood Dragon soundtrack for PS4, we're you able to get it to work? I keep getting the "/MUSIC directory not found" message.

Elitist1945

Lets take a moment to appreciate the PS4's fast install times. I started installing Gran Turismo 6 on PS3 an hour and 45 minutes ago and its at 79% as of this post.

Kyolux

Just to be clear, I just talked to Staples CS. They don't charge tax for pre-paid/gift cards and that also includes PSN card. So, once it will ship, it will most likely change.

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out on my credit card charges to see if it'll get fixed.

Kiro

Did rise of the tomb raider ps4 just join the category of "need to contact amazon about the 20 percent problem? Ugh.

UberTag

Did rise of the tomb raider ps4 just join the category of "need to contact amazon about the 20 percent problem? Ugh.
Weren't you paying attention during E3 week?

EVERY game has this issue. Price drops will eat into your savings instead of adjusting down the 20% discount.

You will have to jump through hoops to get a correction and they will NEVER adjust the 20% discount to what it should be but will instead wipe it outright with a price adjustment which means future price drops won't benefit from it.

In short, we're fucked and the only way to express your displeasure with Amazon is to not give them your money. This was ENTIRELY by design.

This was ENTIRELY by design.

As in them hoping people would not bother/notice and in the end not get the advertised 20% off or as in the 20% off should only apply to the price you had upon ordering and CS fixing it through gift card or lowering the total price are doing something they are not supposed to?

If anyone happened to pre-order Rocket League Collector's Edition during the E3 deal, it has since dropped to $29.99.

And of course the 20% has completely vanished.

How competent is Best Buy with price drops during pre-orders? Want to make sure I can get it at the lower price while maintaining the 25X points.

i-Jest

If anyone happened to pre-order Rocket League Collector's Edition during the E3 deal, it has since dropped to $29.99.

And of course the 20% has completely vanished.

How competent is Best Buy with price drops during pre-orders? Want to make sure I can get it at the lower price while maintaining the 25X points.

Your locked in for the price you pre-ordered, for better or worse.

ohlawd

Oh goody.

Am I wrong in thinking that they made a promise recently to try and rectify that?

How does the Lowest Price Guarantee apply to pre-orders and backorders?
If the price of an item drops at the time of shipment, you will automatically pay the lower price. You're not charged until the time of the product's shipment.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/lowest-price-guarantee/hc1001.aspx

I'm thinking the 25x payout would apply to the lower price too

Gitaroo

Weren't you paying attention during E3 week?

EVERY game has this issue. Price drops will eat into your savings instead of adjusting down the 20% discount.

You will have to jump through hoops to get a correction and they will NEVER adjust the 20% discount to what it should be but will instead wipe it outright with a price adjustment which means future price drops won't benefit from it.

In short, we're fucked and the only way to express your displeasure with Amazon is to not give them your money. This was ENTIRELY by design.

if that is the case then I guess I will cancel my Gravity Rush 2 with amazon and stick to my bestbuy order.

Tapejara

For those of you pissed at Amazon right now, remember that if you pre-ordered at least one E3 game from Best Buy during E3 the rest of your game purchases for the year are eligible for 10x reward zone points.

I'll be switching over most of my Amazon order to Best Buy because fuck Amazon's bullshit this year.

stolin

For those of you pissed at Amazon right now, remember that if you pre-ordered at least one E3 game from Best Buy during E3 the rest of your game purchases for the year are eligible for 10x reward zone points.
I'll be switching over most of my Amazon order to Best Buy because fuck Amazon's bullshit this year.

I've had a back & forth email with Amazon.ca CSR about the E3 20% off and the Pokemon price drop. The latest correspondence is below, not sure what will come.

The Price Guarantee has historically always been in effect with the Promotions.
For this new order, having the initial price $10 more each than MRSP for was jarring but I still ordered knowing that the Price Guarantee & Promotion would still apply before the games launch. There is much discussion about this with varying outcomes depending on the CSR.
A consistent policy and known rules would be nice otherwise there are orders that I would have placed with another retailer for E3 pre-order promotions.
Thanks,

Hello from Amazon.ca.
I have reviewed our previous correspondence and offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience thus far.
We work to constantly expand and improve the selection of products and services we provide to our customers.
I have passed your message along to the appropriate people in our company so they are aware of your comments and feedback regarding this E3 20% discount on games.
We truly value this kind of feedback, as it helps us continue to improve our store and provide better service to our customers.
In addition to a wide selection of items, one of our aims at Amazon.ca is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have not met that standard.
Thanks for your understanding. We value your business and look forward to see you again soon.
We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.
Best regards,​

Sealtest

I just don't see how/why amazon is going to do a e3 promo and put in hidden terms ( if this was on purpose ) and screw over so many people.

I just wish dealing with CS wasn't always a crap shoot and that they had a better way of contacting people like with Best Buys forum or twitter.

Just spoke to an Amazon CSR for Pokémon. She told me this:

As we discussed earlier, I've forwarded your issue to our Marketing and Promotions team with high priority . You should expect an e-mail from them within 24-48 hours. If the promotion still not applied to your account, I will issue the refund for the promotion once the item gets shipped to you. ​I have personally made a follow up on your account and send you e-mail confirmation regarding the refund.

That's... weird. "If the Promotion Team doesn't do its job, I will refund you money.".

She's personally making a note to follow up on something 6 months from now? Lol let me know how that goes.

It depends on the csr really. I had one tell me that about 6 months before the game released, and they actually came through. By that point though, I had someone else do it, sicne I didn't believe they would either. Its likely they are just saying it, so treat it like hot air, but its nice when they do come through.

Returners

Can you change the payment method on an existing Amazon order? I just realized half the stuff I had pre ordered will come out after my Visa expires in September.

Yeah. Amazon is one of the more flexible ones. Bestbuy won't let you change it online if some of it has already shipped. Gotta call.

PurolatorHelp

Neo Member
looks like no tokyo mirage

purolator delivery was too dumb to leave the package with front gate at my apt (like canada post)
'no entry code'
didn't even leave one of those 'we missed you' slips/note
spoke to the live chat and was basically, 'not our problem', and it will be reshipped monday

purolator is just fucking bad, fuck their shitty service

Man they are the WORST! Had a terrible experience the past week, they sent my package to the farthest possible location, told me it would cost $$$ to have it sent to my work, then they sent it to my local location, didn't tell me - and when I showed up from work without the tracking number they can't search by fucking name or address. Terrible terrible company, UPS is no better. Canada Post is okay pretty much only because my neighborhood postman is awesome.

Yo this PSN sale is legit. Mad Max for $20 is mine.

Man at least Canada post shoves their shit into my mailbox even when it clearly won't fit. I have to walk 20 minutes to get to the closest Purolator retailer partner whatever the fuck thing.

Gotta pick up my TMS at the centre, good thing I picked another one up at EB today using some trade credit I had. Came out to $30. I will just return the other one. Gonna avoid shipments while Purolator is handling them.

Purolators locations are terrible. I have to go 40 minutes away to pick up my TMS

Hi All,

Purolator gives the shipper the option to request a signature or not. If they do request a signature, then a package won’t be left at the door or in a mailbox. As a receiver, you can waive the signature for a single shipment (http://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/forms/SNR_single.pdf) or for multiple shipments (http://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/forms/SNR_multiple.pdf). Drivers are still expected to use their judgment and should not be leaving packages in places where they can easily be taken or damaged by weather.

For apartment/condo buildings, unless there are instructions on the package for the driver to deliver to the security/rental/concierge’s office/desk/apartment, the drivers ring up to the apartment directly. Whether a signature is requested or not, a package won’t be left in a common area such as a lobby or hallway. If the receiver has their own entrance, it may be considered secure enough to leave if there is no signature required. The drivers should be looking up the receiver’s buzzer/entrance code by apartment # or name on directories when they are available and ringing up. If there is no answer, then the drivers will leave a notice of delivery if there’s a safe place (indoor lobby, access to mailboxes etc…) and the building’s management allows it.

If the delivery fails, then the package will generally go back to our main depot where the drivers leave from in the morning and are made available for pickup. If picking it up there isn’t possible, there are a few options that are available. A 2nd attempt can be requested for a future business day, to the same address or to an alternate address. We can also verify if there’s a closer Shipping Agent or Shipping Centre we can transfer the package to. If it’s staying within the same depot’s service area, then these options are available free of charge.

As a side note, there are a few shippers that have additional security restrictions, who don’t allow their packages to be left at the door, redirected to an alternate address, transferred to a retail out of the service area, or picked up by someone else.

If a driver didn’t ring, leave a notice of delivery, leave the package, or if a package was delayed or mis-sorted, please email us at customer.care@purolator.com and we’ll follow with the local management and try to get it delivered as soon as possible. If you have any other questions, need help to transfer or redeliver a package, or try to locate a tracking number for a shipment that was attempted to be delivered, please feel free to email us as well.

Thanks,

Jeremie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

The return of PurolatorHelp!

So I just got another update from Purolator. I was told on Saturday that my package would be sent out for delivery on Tuesday yet this morning I got a message that I need to go somewhere to pick it up. They haven't given me a place to pick it up though. I will have to call them.

killroy87

Hi All,

Purolator gives the shipper the option to request a signature or not. If they do request a signature, then a package won’t be left at the door or in a mailbox. As a receiver, you can waive the signature for a single shipment (http://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/forms/SNR_single.pdf) or for multiple shipments (http://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/forms/SNR_multiple.pdf). Drivers are still expected to use their judgment and should not be leaving packages in places where they can easily be taken or damaged by weather.

For apartment/condo buildings, unless there are instructions on the package for the driver to deliver to the security/rental/concierge’s office/desk/apartment, the drivers ring up to the apartment directly. Whether a signature is requested or not, a package won’t be left in a common area such as a lobby or hallway. If the receiver has their own entrance, it may be considered secure enough to leave if there is no signature required. The drivers should be looking up the receiver’s buzzer/entrance code by apartment # or name on directories when they are available and ringing up. If there is no answer, then the drivers will leave a notice of delivery if there’s a safe place (indoor lobby, access to mailboxes etc…) and the building’s management allows it.

If the delivery fails, then the package will generally go back to our main depot where the drivers leave from in the morning and are made available for pickup. If picking it up there isn’t possible, there are a few options that are available. A 2nd attempt can be requested for a future business day, to the same address or to an alternate address. We can also verify if there’s a closer Shipping Agent or Shipping Centre we can transfer the package to. If it’s staying within the same depot’s service area, then these options are available free of charge.

As a side note, there are a few shippers that have additional security restrictions, who don’t allow their packages to be left at the door, redirected to an alternate address, transferred to a retail out of the service area, or picked up by someone else.

If a driver didn’t ring, leave a notice of delivery, leave the package, or if a package was delayed or mis-sorted, please email us at customer.care@purolator.com and we’ll follow with the local management and try to get it delivered as soon as possible. If you have any other questions, need help to transfer or redeliver a package, or try to locate a tracking number for a shipment that was attempted to be delivered, please feel free to email us as well.

Thanks,

Jeremie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

Thanks for laying out the policies. Service is still pretty terrible though :p

Kyolux

So following up on that Staples PSN card taxes thing..

I contacted their live chat...

06/27/2016 09:47:23AM David: "I'm contacting you about order #NUMBERS. I was charged tax on an item that shouldn't be taxed."
06/27/2016 09:48:16AM Agent (Libby R.): "I will be more than happy to help you. May I have two to three minutes of your time to research this further?"
06/27/2016 09:48:30AM David: "sure"
06/27/2016 09:53:10AM Agent (Libby R.): "I do apologize about that. Unfortunately I am going to have to remove the coupon as coupons cannot be used on gift card purchases"

Didn't felt like fighting this, so I just asked to get the order cancelled..

Ugh. I'm not even going to bother. I will keep the order since it's at least a $10 discount.

Lothars

When I ordered it showed I was charged taxes until the order went through.

You don't get charged taxes even if it showed it initally.

When I ordered it showed I was charged taxes until the order went through.

You don't get charged taxes even if it showed it initally.

We did this time.

Did your check your credit card?

Staples showed me a total of $82.60 on the order summary. $2.60 in taxes I could live with.

When I received my email it said I had been charged $10 in taxes after I put the purchase through. Reviewed my credit card transaction to confirm a total of $90.10 (or something close to that.)

suikodan

Funny stuff this Puro saga.

My TMS is scheduled for delivery today but the status shows that it's in Toronto... (I'm in Quebec)

killroy87

I never cared about the Canada Post strike until Amazon started using this smorgasboard of shipping couriers. I know Canada Post isn't everyone's favorite, but for me they are undoubtedly the best option. And if nothing else, the abundance of post offices to pick stuff up in is a benefit.

Riptwo

My Amazon order for Tokyo Mirage Sessions is being delivered (to Calgary) via INTELCOM.

Never heard of them...
I've had three or four Intelcom deliveries in Calgary over the past couple of months, and they've been pretty great so far. Seems like most of my deliveries are coming from Fedex or Intelcom lately!

zroid

Banned
maybe it's just my area, but canada post is the best we have
purolator, fedex, dhl are worse and more expensive

it can depend a lot on the quality of your delivery guy but yeah, CP is easily the best for me. the community mailboxes ease a lot of headaches.

Lothars

We did this time.

Did your check your credit card?

Staples showed me a total of $82.60 on the order summary. $2.60 in taxes I could live with.

When I received my email it said I had been charged $10 in taxes after I put the purchase through. Reviewed my credit card transaction to confirm a total of $90.10 (or something close to that.)
hmm strange, I will have to check.

imBask

Banned
Intelcom Courrier Canada was the worst experience i've had

they went to my appartment 3 days in a row at the same time in the middle of the day, I had to call them to change the delivery address... they just went back to my appartment the next day instead, and dropped the package behind a bush

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how Amazon returns work? Forgot to cancel Zero Time Dilemma and it's already shipped! Never had to do a return through them before.

they went to my appartment 3 days in a row at the same time in the middle of the day, I had to call them to change the delivery address... they just went back to my appartment the next day instead, and dropped the package behind a bush

Yeah... they left a Ps4 on my front porch, in plain view of a busy street...

I'm at work and I see the package has been delivered, and they include a picture of it sitting right there where anyone could grab it easily.

Thankfully my neighbor was home and I was able to call her and have her bring it inside for me...

Yikes!, I hope they dont ever start delivering in Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom