• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how Amazon returns work? Forgot to cancel Zero Time Dilemma and it's already shipped! Never had to do a return through them before.

They give you return shipping label. You attach return shipping label to box. You mail item back. They refund you cost of item minus return shipping costs.

She's personally making a note to follow up on something 6 months from now? Lol let me know how that goes.

Yeah, and I just received this.

'm sorry for any misunderstanding regarding the E3 promotion. I can completely understand your concern, in this regard.

I have investigated your order and see that your E3 promotional certificate was applied to this order.

For your reference, I've provided the Order total and promotion details of your order:

Order Total:
Subtotal: CDN$ 49.96
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 5.90
Total Promotions Applied: - CDN$ 7.87
GST: CDN$ 2.40
PST: CDN$ 4.79
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Order Total: CDN$ 55.18

Promotion details :
EB Pre-order Guarantee (A14F8PBLEZLBJU) CDN$ 0.00
Free Shipping (A2AKJR5XK1M5AB) CDN$ 5.90
E3 20% Off (A2OPH60DEHBHDJ) CDN$ 1.97

...don't they know how to fucking count? What happened to Amazon Customer Service goddamnit?

I just tried talking to someone else (in French) and it's even worse. And the guy takes ages to respond.

EDIT:
The guy just told me that "Customer Service can't help you with that." Like what?

farisr

I honestly just sent a "send us feedback" email to amazon about this whole e3 promotion/customer service issue. I suggest other people do as well when they have time.

Amazon customer service has really gone downhill lately. They used to go out of their way to help you. I cancelled an order and then changed my mind, and called to see if I could reorder it for the same price, which they have done multiple times for me in the past. I was told that their policy changed may 1st and customer service cannot "price match" anymore. I was then given a lecture about how an order is a serious contract, and they take cancellations very seriously. I said that this wasn't a price match and the rep said nothing, so I figured she was asking her supervisor. 10 minutes later she hung up on me. So I called back, and another rep said she gave me the correct info, the reps cannot change prices anymore, and she was not going to help me. So I called Best Buy where I also had a cancelled order, and they let me reorder within 30 seconds of asking. It's not that I was entitled to reorder, it's just that when your competitor is doing a better job at making customers happy, it makes me want to shop at best buy for the easier returns and nicer customer service.

Amazon customer service has really gone downhill lately. They used to go out of their way to help you. I cancelled an order and then changed my mind, and called to see if I could reorder it for the same price, which they have done multiple times for me in the past. I was told that their policy changed may 1st and customer service cannot "price match" anymore. I was then given a lecture about how an order is a serious contract, and they take cancellations very seriously. I said that this wasn't a price match and the rep said nothing, so I figured she was asking her supervisor. 10 minutes later she hung up on me. So I called back, and another rep said she gave me the correct info, the reps cannot change prices anymore, and she was not going to help me. So I called Best Buy where I also had a cancelled order, and they let me reorder within 30 seconds of asking. It's not that I was entitled to reorder, it's just that when your competitor is doing a better job at making customers happy, it makes me want to shop at best buy for the easier returns and nicer customer service.

Yeah they used to do everything to make the customer happy. I remember getting a few 5$ credit without even asking anything a few years back.

I honestly just sent a "send us feedback" email to amazon about this whole e3 promotion/customer service issue. I suggest other people do as well when they have time.

I didn't even get the option for that. Usually after talking to someone I get a email and at the bottom it says Did I solve your problem? Yes or No. This time after the lady was no help at all the option to leave feedback is gone.

What do you expect Amazon to do when people ask 10 different CSRs to adjust their order to take advantage of loopholes in promotions.....

I was told that their policy changed may 1st and customer service cannot "price match" anymore. I was then given a lecture about how an order is a serious contract, and they take cancellations very seriously.

The hell? I cancel shit all the time. Maybe trying to cancel an order as it's preparing for shipping, but a pre-order?

Also, if it's so serious and like a contract then when you tell me 20% off + lower price guarantee without specifying special conditions, I don't expect to have to pick between either 20% or lower price, I expect you to be serious with your promo. Whatever, Amazon went from my favorite retailer to "bunch of clowns" pretty quickly this year. They better find a way to fix their shit.

Will do that.

What do you expect Amazon to do when people ask 10 different CSRs to adjust their order to take advantage of loopholes in promotions.....

I expect them to make sure that their 20% off works with price drop or tell me clearly that it won't do that. Stopping CSR from being able to mess with promos is perfectly fine, the abuse was bullshit. I understand why they did it, I don't understand why they messed it up so bad.

Amazon won't let me cancel my Zero Time Dilemma preorder so there goes my plans of picking it up from EB in the morning (did $5 deposit). Wanted it right at launch... =/ Hopefully, Amazon shipping won't take too long.

UberTag

Amazon won't let me cancel my Zero Time Dilemma preorder so there goes my plans of picking it up from EB in the morning (did $5 deposit). Wanted it right at launch... =/ Hopefully, Amazon shipping won't take too long.
Can't you just pick up the game at EB tomorrow and then do a return once your Amazon copy arrives?

farisr

I didn't even get the option for that. Usually after talking to someone I get a email and at the bottom it says Did I solve your problem? Yes or No. This time after the lady was no help at all the option to leave feedback is gone.
You can manually send feedback as well if you go into the contact us section, that's what I did.

Help---> Need More Help?----> Contact Us

and here you have a few option, if you want to talk about an order or interaction about that order in particular that you've had, then select it and:

Select an issue: more order issues
Select issue details: give Amazon feedback

if you want to talk about the whole promotion and the way they've been handling it/customer service reps being in general unknowledgable and outright saying games are not part of a promotion when they are then select

Prime or Something Else.
Other non-order topics.
Give Amazon feedback.

The feedback option at the very least does not have a chat option, so it makes me think they'll take it a a bit more seriously.

I hit pretty much all the general negative bullet points of the e3 promotion and the aftermath.

LordAmused

My Star Ocean copy arrived a day early! Let's get it on!

13517883_10209701979376712_644788158_o.jpg

Stage On

Urg, still waiting for my copy of Star ocean to ship. I actually had to bug customer service about it since it still had an estimated delivery date for bloody January 2017.

Turns out that when they accidentally added a second listing of Star ocean to the system and then merged the two listings people who had the old listing kept the original placeholder release date of December 31 2016.

The rep manged to fix the glitch by upgrading it to free priority shipping, but since when is an estimate of arriving July 5 to 6 for something coming out on June 28 Priority speed? shouldn't it be faster then that?

Also still waiting to hear back from the promotional and marking team about Pokemon as well. I talked to the customer service chat about it on Tuesday and they said to give them 2 business days to fix it and still nada

patochaos

Neo Member
So I'm having a one month work trip to Canada in a few weeks, and planning to buy stuff I can't in my shitty country.

I'll be staying in Vancouver, any recommendations to go buy the following?

- Notebooks
- VGA
- PS4 games (new or used)

Or should I just go online and have them shipped?

Thanks

Firestorm

So I'm having a one month work trip to Canada in a few weeks, and planning to buy stuff I can't in my shitty country.

- Notebooks
- VGA

Thanks
Notebook as in paper or a laptop? VGA? Any particular PS4 games?

My copy of Zero Time dilemma Vita hasn't come in yet at my local ebgames, boooooo.

My deluxe edition PS4 Lego Force Awakens hasn't even charged my card yet at Best Buy, booooooo. My order still says "free delivery arrives as early as june 28. The product page right now says if you order it today, it's delivered july 4th by purolator ground boooooooo that's probably when I'm getting it :( I'd get it on psn instead, but I want my little lego Boyega figurine.

Swhalen

- Notebooks
- VGA

Thanks

I live in Vancouver area. I buy computers/parts at NCIX. They price match everything. I get my games from BestBuy or EBGames usually.

Cynar

Sorry but you do come off as entitled when asking for that pretty much. I'm still glad you got your discount at best buy but you know how you sound. :p

Clive

DEALS at The Source.ca, some of which are the lowest I have seen. All should be in stock online. Mostly old stuff but maybe someone will see something interesting?

$19.96
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Wii U
Yoshi's New Island 3DS

$14.96
God of War 3 PS4
Tearaway PS4
Driveclub PS4
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 PS4/X1
Battlefield 4 X1

$9.96
Final Fantasy: Type-0 HD PS4/X1
LittleBigPlanet 3 PS4
Walking Dead Season 1 or 2 PS4/X1
Rayman Legends X1

$6.96
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag X1

More cheap PS4 games.
More cheap Xbox One games.

killroy87

Does anyone know what dictates whether FedEx will drop a package off at one of their retail locations VS bringing it back to be picked up at the distribution warehouse? They keep trying to deliver Tokyo Mirage to me while I'm at work, so I called them to see if they can deliver it to the retail location by me (where I've picked up packages before), but they said they couldn't do that, they could only bring it back to the warehouse way the hell away from me.

I asked them to just reroute it to my work, so hopefully that works out.

daevv

Amazon held onto my Minecraft Wii U pre-order for a week, added it to my Lego Star Wars Vita pre-order, and shipped both today. Do they normally do this?

Sealtest

Amazon is holding onto my Evangelion manga that came out last week to ship it with my Harry Potter book that comes out next month.

Thanks Amazon.

Magnus

What're the best deals people have seen on the Game of Thrones Bluray sets? I need to nab Seasons 4 and 5. Was hoping for $29, but the best I can find is $39-$45 online.

Renewed

Does anyone know what dictates whether FedEx will drop a package off at one of their retail locations VS bringing it back to be picked up at the distribution warehouse? They keep trying to deliver Tokyo Mirage to me while I'm at work, so I called them to see if they can deliver it to the retail location by me (where I've picked up packages before), but they said they couldn't do that, they could only bring it back to the warehouse way the hell away from me.

I asked them to just reroute it to my work, so hopefully that works out.

Is having packages sent to the retail location something you have to sign up for or would they just do it normally? I'm not too sure but I'm instinctively trying to think of the most difficult thing lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is having packages sent to the retail location something you have to sign up for or would they just do it normally? I'm not too sure but I'm instinctively trying to think of the most difficult thing lol
I thought Fedex teamed up with Home Hardware to use them as pick up locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom