• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding possible Canada Post labour disruption -

I have to mail a rebate form, if I drop it in a mailbox will it be postmarked or do I have to go to the post office for that?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I have to mail a rebate form, if I drop it in a mailbox will it be postmarked or do I have to go to the post office for that?
I think unless you are doing some form of tracking, it only gets postmarked at the sorting facility anyway? Dropping off mail at the post office, all I've seen them do is put it in the pile with the other mail.

I think unless you are doing some form of tracking, it only gets postmarked at the sorting facility anyway? Dropping off mail at the post office, all I've seen them do is put it in the pile with the other mail.

Hmmm, if I put it in the mailbox tonight it should get postmarked before the strike, right?

kennah

What're the best deals people have seen on the Game of Thrones Bluray sets? I need to nab Seasons 4 and 5. Was hoping for $29, but the best I can find is $39-$45 online.
That's about the best I've seen. Would sell you my season 5 for $29 if you let me keep the digital code. Still haven't even opened it. from Amazon.

iphys

I wouldn't trust how long it might take to get post-marked if you put it in the mailbox. I think you can ask them to postmark it on the spot at the post office, at least that's what I recall from mailing tax returns on the last day, and them asking me if I needed it postmarked.

Is this currently the cheapest price for Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold? I can only find it at 49.99 on other online stores.

https://www.ebgames.ca/3DS/Games/719505

It was once $29.95 at Amazon.ca (that's when I picked it up), but otherwise yes, I think that's the cheapest price for a physical copy. I dunno if it's ever been cheaper on the eShop, and given enough time it'll drop below that if previous Atlus titles are anything to go by.

EDIT: ...oooor not, I guess!

That's good I think, but Best Buy had it on clearance for $22 back in November or so. I'd say go for it especially if you can nab a first print (because that makes everything better).

It looks like I can get all the physical goodies with it but I'm not sure.

Oh well, I just want something to tide me over before EO5 getting announced for NA is still up in the air.

Has anybody else not received a shipping notice for Star Ocean yet?

Got my amazon notice at about 1 PM shipping with UPS. Man these last day fuck ups must be killing their bottomline for shipping costs.

And best buy is shipping two different packages for lego star wars and the mini star destroyer because reasons I guess.

Avalt

No shipping notice for Star Ocean for me too. It says delivery expected in Jan. 2017... So much for being a prime member....

My Star Ocean just shipped as well. Hilariously, all the games I can wait on are shipping on time, and all the games I want to play ASAP get shipping delays (hi Atelier Sophie).

Kyolux

Star Ocean is what I expected so far after playing 4 hours-ish.

It really feels like a love letter to the first game in the series on super famicom.

zroid

Banned
I say yay.

Just got a 65' and its the best TV I ever owned, much better than the the Samsung one I returned 6 months ago.

Check wirecutter.com for some reviews.

Is the one you got from the D series? I'm just reading up on it a bit now. Sounds good enough really.

Firestorm

Not gaming related but if you're in Vancouver and lookin' at Europe in the fall...

http://yvrdeals.com/madness-to-europe-tunisia-and-morocco-insane-prices-to-many-many-places

Aaand booked. Been looking basically daily for deals in September as I have a cousin's wedding to go to in Germany. Doing a multi-city flight of Vancouver to Berlin and then Lisbon to Vancouver from September 5th to 24th for $560 CAD ^_^
... I guess I'm gonna rethink my Tokyo trip and go to somewhere in Europe instead now.
Tokyo has been as cheap as $750ish in recent times and much lower during price mistakes before. Keep an eye on that website. I think they're the only page or person on Facebook I have set to give me notifications on every new post.

zroid

Banned
This reminds me of when you guys flew from Vancouver to LA for like 50 bucks or something

why are there so many cheap flights from Vancouver lol

chrono01

I'm not sure what's going on with my #FE SE. It shipped last Thursday with express shipping (EBGames), scheduled delivery on Friday. It was out for a delivery and then, in the evening, it was updated with a "mechanical delay". The scheduled delivery was then updated to Monday, June 2th. I was frustrated, but I accepted that these things happen, and patiently waited out the weekend.

Now today, the tracking hasn't changed at all, and there's no estimated delivery time! If it's not updated tomorrow and says that it's out for delivery (and I actually receive it this time), I'm going to call up and depot and just ask if I can come pick up the thing. It's pretty sad when a courier service can't actually...you know...courier anything.

I'm now worried it's become lost. :/

DEALS at The Source.ca, some of which are the lowest I have seen. All should be in stock online. Mostly old stuff but maybe someone will see something interesting?

$19.96
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Wii U
Yoshi's New Island 3DS

$14.96
God of War 3 PS4
Tearaway PS4
Driveclub PS4
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 PS4/X1
Battlefield 4 X1

$9.96
Final Fantasy: Type-0 HD PS4/X1
LittleBigPlanet 3 PS4
Walking Dead Season 1 or 2 PS4/X1
Rayman Legends X1

$6.96
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag X1

More cheap PS4 games.
More cheap Xbox One games.

Fml I missed some of these, will anyone price match?

Aaand booked. Been looking basically daily for deals in September as I have a cousin's wedding to go to in Germany. Doing a multi-city flight of Vancouver to Berlin and then Lisbon to Vancouver from September 5th to 24th for $560 CAD ^_^Tokyo has been as cheap as $750ish in recent times and much lower during price mistakes before. Keep an eye on that website. I think they're the only page or person on Facebook I have set to give me notifications on every new post.

Yep. Definitely bookmarked the page and set it for notifications on Facebook. This'll make it a lot lighter on my wallet... Which means more money to spend on bullshit anime crap in Tokyo.

I... don't know what anyone was expecting out of Star Ocean 5's critical reception.

I can't see how anyone was expecting the world out of it. Especially since the games been out for a while in Japan and there are JP release/import impressions out there. I'm kind of glad I skipped out on it and decided to go all into Tokyo Mirage Sessions (20 hours in now). Though I'm now worried that Tri-Ace might take another blow they can't afford with SO5, and they'll run back to pachinko or mobile games or whatever the fuck they shouldn't ever do ever.

Firestorm

I... don't know what anyone was expecting out of Star Ocean 5's critical reception.
I was expecting 7/10 (average) so unless these are all Edge 5s idk. I mean, whatever as long as it's like 20 hours and with a fun battle system I can do it. Can't be worse than 4.

Xenoflare

Anyone here preordered Xbox One S?

I did and I cannot shake the feeling that the August 31st is a placeholder date despite of the fact that the lady at MS store told me otherwise

Lothars

Anyone here preordered Xbox One S?

I did and I cannot shake the feeling that the August 31st is a placeholder date despite of the fact that the lady at MS store told me otherwise
I feel the same way, I think it's absolutely a placeholder date and it will be out early august but I don't have information either way.

Xenoflare

I feel the same way, I think it's absolutely a placeholder date and it will be out early august but I don't have information either way.

Yeah, well I'll be notified when the real date approaches, but I really hope it's early-mid august, kinda don't want to get my new xbox a week before school starts.

UberTag

SO5 was always going to review poorly. Anyone who thought otherwise was wearing their Square Enix-branded rose-tinted glasses that block out niche JRPGs from all other publishers/developers.

If anyone needs a fix of high quality tri-Ace, there are still plenty of copies of Resonance of Fate out there.

F4r0_Atak

BS...

seems like Staples just cancelled my order for two reasons:

• Apparently, the billing and the shipping have to be same when you want your orders to be processed, or else they will cancel it.

• You cannot apply coupon on Gift Card, or else they willl cancel it.

It's not my first order with them. I had different billing and shipping address for my previous orders. Furthermore, they claim that you could not apply the coupons on gift cards, but in their system and website online, the physical PSN card are considered to be PS4 accessories while the electronic code versions of the PSN card are considered gift cards through and through. Yeah... last I think I will be doing business with them.

My staples order for $90 actually shipped. I guess a $10 savings is still a savings so I will live. I don't know if I will do it again though.

Kyolux

BS...

seems like Staples just cancelled my order for two reasons:

• Apparently, the billing and the shipping have to be same when you want your orders to be processed, or else they will cancel it.

• You cannot apply coupon on Gift Card, or else they willl cancel it.

It's not my first order with them. I had different billing and shipping address for my previous orders. Furthermore, they claim that you could not apply the coupons on gift cards, but in their system and website online, the physical PSN card are considered to be PS4 accessories while the electronic code versions of the PSN card are considered gift cards through and through. Yeah... last I think I will be doing business with them.

yikes.. so same as me. :(

I sold Tropical Freeze after beating it, and should maybe re-buy it at that price. I wonder if they have it in store.

EDIT: I just see the Selects branded one for $29.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom