• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

F4r0_Atak

Just an FYI, Staples didn't even send me a shipping email. I received a MyUPS alert and that I would have a package from Solutions2Go (They handle the PSN Cards) by 3:00pm today.

Here's a link for both items... for the PSN cards (physical and electronic code)...

http://www.staples.ca/en/PlayStation-Network-Card-50/product_1667095_2-CA_1_20001
http://www.staples.ca/en/PlayStatio...c-Code-Download-/product_1622252_2-CA_1_20001

As you can see, the physical PSN card are considered as PS4 accessories while the electronic code PSN card are considered as Gift card. This is utter BS.

If they don't want the code to apply they need to fix their website and stop penalizing customers.

Firestorm

Looks like Amazon used Fedex for Zero Time Dillemma and Best Buy used Purolator for Star Ocean 5 yesterday. Prepping for Canada Post strike?

Looks like Amazon used Fedex for Zero Time Dillemma and Best Buy used Purolator for Star Ocean 5 yesterday. Prepping for Canada Post strike?

Yeah they already said they were working with alternate carriers until the strike resolves.

eBay on the other hand I believe was telling sellers to just "sell anyway" and notify buyers afterward

^ Yeah, we get 100% of our amazon packages with CP. The one due for shipment today is with UPS. I'm glad they're working around the looming strike.

BS...

seems like Staples just cancelled my order for two reasons:

• Apparently, the billing and the shipping have to be same when you want your orders to be processed, or else they will cancel it.

• You cannot apply coupon on Gift Card, or else they willl cancel it.

It's not my first order with them. I had different billing and shipping address for my previous orders. Furthermore, they claim that you could not apply the coupons on gift cards, but in their system and website online, the physical PSN card are considered to be PS4 accessories while the electronic code versions of the PSN card are considered gift cards through and through. Yeah... last I think I will be doing business with them.

Goddammit. I knew this would happen once more people figured it out.

So for those who can't wait, Zero Time Dilemma is up on PSN now for $39.99. The Amazon E3 deal put the game around $35 with HST (44.99 - 13.49 or 30% off). Basically a $5 discount compared to the digital version. Cancelled my Amazon one and went digital. Off to the spoiler bunker now.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...emma/cid=UP1024-PCSE00781_00-ZEROESCAPE000000

I also have my MSI Armor GTX 1070 coming in tomorrow... But I'm leaving for Ottawa Thursday morning so I have basically no time to mess around with the card. God damn it

EDIT: PSN Sale is live and holy SHIT some of these Vita game sales

Tales of Hearts R - $5.99
Toukiden Kiwami - $15.99
Neptunia Rebirth - $5.99
Neptunia Rebirth 2 - $2.99
Volume - $4.99
Cel Damage - $1.99
Atelier Totari Plus - $15.99
Paranautical Activity - $3.99

Bluenoser

I've had games arrive from UPS and Canada Post from Amazon in the past. Lately I've had some items (not games) arrive from Purolator as well, which could be the start of a transition away from CP for now.

Ventara

So my copy of TMS SE came in today, but the box was all damaged. I ordered this from Amazon US and am looking to get it replaced. Do they have the chat thing same as Canada? I don't see it.

Edit: Nvm, found it through google search.

Edit 2: Bleh, they're sold out, so the best they could do was offer me a 30% discount. I guess that makes the price somewhat easier to swallow, but I was really hoping to have a mint copy of this since I have a regular copy from FS.

Jumped on this yesterday. Flights home to Ireland for Christmas (YVR -> CDG -> DUB) for $450 return

Literally half the lowest price I've ever paid for these flights. Insane deal

Oh man, I didnt even think about the date range on this deal. I had already ruled it out due to work/school conflicts, did not occur to book for winter/spring break further down the line. Ok, lets try this again.

bryt

Whoa, I don't have prime and Amazon actually shipped Zero Time Dilemma this morning from their own courier service AMZCA and it should be arriving today.

Sony Mid-Year Sale - Week 1 starts today.

Prices not updated yet though.

Huh, browsed through anyway to see if anything I wanted is or is going to be on sale.

Does anyone know how Broken Age for Vita performs? I'm kind of leery of cross-ported games since playing TTG series on Vita and being... disappointed in their performance. In general Vita ports are kind of substandard, unfortunately.

Also still haven't played Neptunia 1 but I guess I will get 2... sigh.

The flights to Europe should be cheaper from Toronto since it's closer.

so montreal-poland or montreal-ireland is like $300 less than Montreal-Vancouver...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Domestic flights are ridiculous. During that LA price error a few months back, it was $65 round trip: the base fare was $0, and you only paid taxes and fees. Guess what? Almost all of it was for the outbound flight from Vancouver. You could've flown one way from LA to Vancouver for like $3.

I really hope the federal government starts regulating this stuff. Get some more competition and lower the taxes and fees.

Then again when the distance from Vancouver to Toronto is twice the distance from Spain to Italy, it makes the prices look somewhat more reasonable.

So my copy of TMS SE came in today, but the box was all damaged. I ordered this from Amazon US and am looking to get it replaced. Do they have the chat thing same as Canada? I don't see it.

Make sure you get a shipping label from Canada. I did a replacement for an Amazon US item but the label only worked at a US UPS.

ohlawd

nooooo fuck, ZTD just arrived. wasn't expecting it for another three hours. wanted to keep playing TMS :(

Edit 2: Bleh, they're sold out, so the best they could do was offer me a 30% discount. I guess that makes the price somewhat easier to swallow, but I was really hoping to have a mint copy of this since I have a regular copy from FS.
ah man I got the same order from Amazon US coming in. hoping it's not damaged. ETA is July 8th tho lol. it just left New Jersey -_-;

jzbluz

I got ZTD and Princess Jellyfish on release date with free shipping, but apparently SO5, which had priority shipping, is delayed. If I had actually paid for priority shipping, I would be pissed at the waste of money.

Faenix1

Really tempted by Rebirth 1, 2, and Tales of Hearts R since they are like.. $40+ retail. But my memory card is lacking badly.

Are there any "dangers" or "things I need to know" before purchasing a vita memory card from Japan? Everytime there has been a sale - or anything - I've never had the spare cash. May have to find a cheap import somewhere since I'm looking for 32 GB for convenience.

lilty

Do you guys have any recommendations on TVs? I'm not looking for something super high-end (broke university student budget) but I want something bigger than my 22" monitor to game on. I don't need any smart TV features or anything like that, just 1080p with minimal input delay without breaking the bank.

Man I had never had an issue prior with purolator but they left a sticker on my door saying they "attempted delivery at 9:29 am" well I was home you nerd and you didn't knock on either of our two rather loud doors. So thanks I guess?

Faenix1

Well shit. Seems PS Vita Memory Cards are pretty much completely sold out everywhere I look. Looks like I am "forced" to shell out $90 for a 32 GB card before they become "rare" and some asshat starts selling them for hundreds.

Before I do so; Anyone know of any places that are maybe doing a sale on them? Previously everytime they were on sale I didn't have much spare money so it was hard to justify.

Hot dogs and Frings for $1.99 each at Harveys for a limited time ������

oh shit

is this canada wide or just in your area?

edIt: i just realized that i'm asking this as I'm about to go to the toilet to take a dump.

Well shit. Seems PS Vita Memory Cards are pretty much completely sold out everywhere I look. Looks like I am "forced" to shell out $90 for a 32 GB card before they become "rare" and some asshat starts selling them for hundreds.

Before I do so; Anyone know of any places that are maybe doing a sale on them? Previously everytime they were on sale I didn't have much spare money so it was hard to justify.
Don't specifically look for cards look for used vitas. check your local fb groups for an electronics sales group and kijiji. I see vitas with 16-32 gb cards sell for anywhere from 100-140. if you message a seller you may be able to snag just the card for cheap and if not can always sell the vita with like a 4gb card and get like 75 back

Maybe consider ordering a 64gb card from Japan? It will probably be more expensive but you will have double the space.

What's my best option for something cheap to watch Netflix on? A friend gave me her account details and my laptop is too old to stream HD video.

how much you want to spend?

As little as possible. I'm also going to have to buy an HDMI splitter.

A friend's brother works at the dump, and he finds laptops there. My friend then reformats them and cleans them up, and says that I could get one from him for a bottle of rye. Apparently they're strong enough to stream Netflix.

Well now I'm paranoid about whoever Amazon.ca is using now. Wondering if there was a way to have the delivery be signed for at the door.

I heard two light knocks on my door, ran straight for it, package was just on the floor with no delivery person. I hate the idea that someone could have just walked by and taken it in an apartment building if I needed to be out today. For the sake of my sanity, I would have preferred the Canada Post "two hours later, but safely in my mailbox" or even the Purolator "fake a delivery attempt, pick it up five hours later from the post office."

Why don't you use your console?

I'm trying to talk myself into it.

I want to watch Netflix upstairs on a family TV, and all of my stuff is in the basement. My OCD prevents me from bringing stuff up from my clean room to where the cats are and putting it on the floor.

I may end up doing that with an older system. It's too bad the Wii can only do 480p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom