• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Is anyone else still waiting for their $15 PSN credit for the $100 -> $15 credit promo Sony was running? I know it said you would receive notification of the credit by July 5, but just curious if anyone has received it already.
They usually give the credit on the date they mentioned. In this case, July 5th.

I'm strongly considering the Chromecast, thanks for the suggestions. It'll be weird using a mobile phone as a controller (I'm new to all of that), and I wish it had its own remote, but oh well.

I did use a console downstairs and watched some stuff. It was pretty awesome. Much easier than using my 10 year old laptop.

Did anyone get an email from amazon about ztd being delayed and getting a 10 dollar gift certificate?

To help make up for the inconvenience, we've added a $10 promotional certificate to your account. This amount will automatically apply the next time you buy an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

So how does this work? Is it with any item past a certain price?

I bought the 3ds and Vita version so I got a certificate for both, do both get applied at the same time on something?

Did anyone get an email from amazon about ztd being delayed and getting a 10 dollar gift certificate?

I bought the 3ds and Vita version so I got a certificate for both, do both get applied at the same time on something?

Oh great. The one game I decide to cancel because it has a PC version. Meanwhile I kept Star Ocean 5, which shipped on time, and the reviews are disastrous. I am an idiot.

ackl

I got that email too. But the game was already delivered to me yesterday. lol.

Alright, free money I guess. heh.

Firestar

Got it here as well even though I got the game yesterday, had me worried for a second though because it said it was from Amazon.com and not .ca

Sealtest

Anywhere to buy PS4 Lego Dimension starter kits cheap?

Since Harry Potter was announced for it I know i'll have to buy the game since i'll be buying those figure kits anyway.

jzbluz

I got the same email, except mine is from Amazon.com and I already have the game. You can use it for anything and it will automatically be applied to your order. However, I think if you buy something that costs less than the balance, then you loose the rest of it.

Yep I got one, even though I cancelled my order for it and went digital instead. Thanks Amazon, I guess. It sounds like it's just tied to your account and it applies at checkout for whatever item you order next... I think? That's how it sounds like it'll work.

i-Jest

So my copy of TMS SE came in today, but the box was all damaged. I ordered this from Amazon US and am looking to get it replaced. Do they have the chat thing same as Canada? I don't see it.

Edit: Nvm, found it through google search.

Edit 2: Bleh, they're sold out, so the best they could do was offer me a 30% discount. I guess that makes the price somewhat easier to swallow, but I was really hoping to have a mint copy of this since I have a regular copy from FS.

I might just ask for this too. My unit isn't ruined but I was surprised to see a couple dents and creases.

Update:

Got a refund of $24 on my order. It was a painless one and done procedure.

baconcow

I received the $10 off email, too, but find it odd that it only mentions and links Amazon.com. I had an odd amount of promotional credit, already, so I am unsure if I received anything.

EDIT 1: Just checked, my promotional credit went to Amazon.com, not .ca. Not sure what I am going to do with it at Amazon.com.
EDIT 2: Just had a rep move it over.

Ryne

Anyone here used the Ubisoft store? I see that they charge in Canadian, and I want to pre-order the CE edition of South Park (with the Coon figure) and the Mysterion figure as well.

Do they use UPS or FedEx? I hope not. I do notice that they charge immediately, even on a pre-order.

Zeeman

Got the same email about promotional credit to .com, and my copy of ZTD is expected to arrive tomorrow, so who knows what happened there

Achtius

I received the $10 off email, too, but find it odd that it only mentions and links Amazon.com. I had an odd amount of promotional credit, already, so I am unsure if I received anything.

EDIT 1: Just checked, my promotional credit went to Amazon.com, not .ca. Not sure what I am going to do with it at Amazon.com.

how do you check where the promotional credit is?

baconcow

how do you check where the promotional credit is?

Add a Blu-ray or something to your cart and see if anything applies. If you choose to change payment method, before ordering, you have check any promotional credit you have. I did that at .ca and .com and saw $10 new dollars at .com. I took a loss transferring it, but there is nothing I want at .com.

I also received the $10 credit and it was applied to the .com domain. I can only assume this is related to the late 'watch' edition and they're just giving the credit to everyone. I already received my copy so it's basically free money.

I was also able to have a rep remove the .com credit and add it to .ca.

farisr

Interesting. Good to know Amazon can do that.

Just got remined of the stupid MS system. I have $10 US XBL credit that I can't spend even when I change regions and try to buy something less than $10 because I don't have a valid US credit card, and they can't change that into Canadian credit, even when I was willing to take a loss and just get $10 CAD in exchange. So stupid. It's not like they're even separate accounts or something, it's the same email address/gamertag.

Rayen

Neo Member
They shipped two days ago. Guess I'm screwed lol

I'm stuck in the same boat with Zero Time Dilemma. Amazon sent it out early on Monday, so I was pretty ecstatic since it would have likely been here before the long weekend. Then Canada Post decided to just hold on to it for almost three days for funsies I guess, and then started to send it my way early this morning.

Avoiding spoilers is not going to be fun.

Clive

Any deal on Vita hardware?

A better question would be "is anyone even still selling Vita hardware?". None of the major retailers even have it on sale online so you're looking at importing from Asia, eBay, Craiglist and Amazon third party if you want one.

I see that I got an email about Amazon Prime days starting on July 12, I wonder if games will be included at all this time. If I recall last years prime day was pretty weak... :/

jet1911

A better question would be "is anyone even still selling Vita hardware?". None of the major retailers even have it on sale online so you're looking at importing from Asia, eBay, Craiglist and Amazon third party if you want one.

My Wal Mart still has some.

Firestorm

Shipping Questions:

1. FedEx says delivered but I don't see a package. Do I contact Fedex or Amazon?

2. Purolator pickup is at Market Crossing again -_- I am considering just not picking that package up. Will it automatically get returned to Best Buy and I get a refund?

Mupod

Huh, I got 10 bucks credit for ZTD being late...but I got it early.

I feel a little bad because I haven't even had time to finish VLR yet...

DEAL

Until 3pm Pacific Time, use CRUISEN2SUMMER at checkout on eBay to take $15 off $75 USD (works on Canadian site). This translates into roughly $20 off $100 CAD. Works on Xbox Live credit or Best Buy credit (and then convert that into Steam or PSN cards). Lots of other stuff too, but those are reliable and easy options if you can't think of anything you need off eBay.

Kyolux

Platinum'd Zero Time Dilemma.. time to get back to Star Ocean.

May all your late shipment woes be unaffected by the strike. :(

DEAL

Until 3pm Pacific Time, use CRUISEN2SUMMER at checkout on eBay to take $15 off $75 USD (works on Canadian site). This translates into roughly $20 off $100 CAD. Works on Xbox Live credit or Best Buy credit (and then convert that into Steam or PSN cards). Lots of other stuff too, but those are reliable and easy options if you can't think of anything you need off eBay.

Has anyone done this before?

After 2 hours of chatting with 4 different CSR in 2 different languages...

I forwarded your order #702-6848009-6857005 details to our promotion team and they informed us that the 20% E3 promotion already applied in the adjusted price and remaining in the order.

The price of the item "Pokemon Moon - Nintendo 3DS Moon Edition" adjusted to $49.96 from $59.99. 20% discount from the item price $59.99 is $11.99. ($59.99-$11.99 = $48.00) The item price is adjusted to $49.96 and the promotion applied is $1.97. So the cost of the item after the promotion ($1.97) applied is $47.99.

This is getting ridiculous. Doesn't the pre-order price guarantee should be applied to this? Did anyone was able to have the price adjusted?

diaspora

After 2 hours of chatting with 4 different CSR in 2 different languages...

This is getting ridiculous. Doesn't the pre-order price guarantee should be applied to this? Did anyone was able to have the price adjusted?
Me. I told them 20% of the subtotal was not $1.97 so she changed it.

They can be used while device is on just like any other power source.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom