• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrsDvl

I got The X-Files: The Event Series on Blu-ray as a gift, and it got me thinking about checking out the prices of the Blu-rays nowadays. The other seasons, that is. I have the movies already, although I wish the second one didn't exist.

Seems the single season sets are normally $16 on average on Amazon? Weren't they about $30 per during the holidays when they came out? I didn't realize they'd gone down in price half-way. They're also on sale for about $15 per, which would be around $135 for all 9.

Yet for some reason, the complete series box set is still about $250 (it is $250 at BB) before taxes.

It's tempting, but I'm telling myself there's no need to buy them given Netflix.

The quality of the Blu-rays is superb though, they are really good transfers, much better than what's on Netflix.

Anyone going to Fan Expo in Toronto this year?

If so I'll pay a pretty penny to get an exclusive figure that will be sold there.

PM me if you can help!

The quality of the Blu-rays is superb though, they are really good transfers, much better than what's on Netflix.

Fair enough

I'm not a techie in the sense that I don't go crazy over exact resolutions, image quality, etc. I don't know if spending $130+ for something I could watch on Netflix for almost free, on a format that might be obsolete soon and is partially obsolete now. Appareltny it looks quite good on Netflix?

But the collector inside me wants it.

The Event Series looks quite good on Blu-ray. I just watched the first 3 episodes.

FrsDvl

Fair enough

I'm not a techie in the sense that I don't go crazy over exact resolutions, image quality, etc. I don't know if spending $130+ for something I could watch on Netflix for almost free, on a format that might be obsolete soon and is partially obsolete now. Appareltny it looks quite good on Netflix?

But the collector inside me wants it.

The Event Series looks quite good on Blu-ray. I just watched the first 3 episodes.

I don't often buy stuff for the same reason, it's on Netflix why bother. But some shows you just have to own, and X files is one of them in my opinion. Well worth it too, and 130$ is pretty good to be honest, I bought them all for $25 each.

Hey guys

I am looking for PS2 games. I dont have a specific set of games I want to buy, but I am just looking to build a library.

If you have any PM me a list and prices, we can work something out. I am in Alberta BTW.

baconcow

Tales of Xillia 2 is already out of stock everywhere?

I was waiting for it to drop to $20, guess I waited too long :(

That game was on sale a long time ago. Amazon.ca had it on sale during the 2014 Boxing Day sale for $19.99. I picked up the PS3 version. When did you start looking?

Tales of Xillia 2 is already out of stock everywhere?

I was waiting for it to drop to $20, guess I waited too long :(

Geez, I still have a copy of that game sealed sitting by my desk. Its collected a lot of dust...

If you just want the game, follow Tapejara's advice and buy is digital. If you want a physical copy and are in Toronto, I'd be willing to sell it to you for $20. PM me if you are interested. Not like I'm going to play it anyway.

zroid

Banned
If a digital copy is okay it's $5.99 on the PlayStation Store right now. https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...lia2/cid=UP0700-NPUB31443_00-TALESOFXILLIA2DC
ugh it's a little tempting but probably not. I don't buy retail games digitally generally speaking.
That game was on sale a long time ago. Amazon.ca had it on sale during the 2014 Boxing Day sale for $19.99. I picked up the PS3 version. When did you start looking?
I guess I wasn't paying attention. I haven't been looking per se just thought I'd pick it up whenever I saw it at a good price.
Geez, I still have a copy of that game sealed sitting by my desk. Its collected a lot of dust...

If you just want the game, follow Tapejara's advice and buy is digital. If you want a physical copy and are in Toronto, I'd be willing to sell it to you for $20. PM me if you are interested. Not like I'm going to play it anyway.
thanks for the offer, I'll PM you at some point if I'm interested!

edit: by the way, you don't have to save it for me or anything, if you suddenly feel like playing it or selling it to someone else, go for it. I might just borrow it from the library instead.

thanks for the offer, I'll PM you at some point if I'm interested!

edit: by the way, you don't have to save it for me or anything, if you suddenly feel like playing it or selling it to someone else, go for it. I might just borrow it from the library instead.

Oh don't worry, I've had it since launch and never really wanted to play it. Wasn't too keen on Xillia, and didn't really care for much I heard about it.

I don't often buy stuff for the same reason, it's on Netflix why bother. But some shows you just have to own, and X files is one of them in my opinion. Well worth it too, and 130$ is pretty good to be honest, I bought them all for $25 each.

Yeah, I think I spent about $700-800 on all the DVDs.

Ondore

Good news and bad news from the Wii U eShop.

Good news: The $14 DS game issue has been fixed, now Metroid and Wario are now just overpriced instead of REALLY overpriced.

Bad news: Lego Force Awakens is now showing the $69.99 price. #PleaseUnderstand

i-Jest

All this talk about TMNT makes me want to play Turtles In Time Re-Shelled. Should have bought the full game when I had the chance.

Elitist1945

yeah EB Games will give you $250 to buy a PS4 if you trade it in!

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

Best place to buy used Xbox 360 games ?

Microplay has some decent prices and right now it's 2 for 1 on 360 games.

Many stores also have 2 for 1 on 5$ games, 2 for 15$ on 10$ games and 2 for 22$ on 15$ games.

Edit: Assuming that you live in Quebec based on your avatar

djblue89

Microplay has some decent prices and right now it's 2 for 1 on 360 games.

Many stores also have 2 for 1 on 5$ games, 2 for 15$ on 10$ games and 2 for 22$ on 15$ games.

Edit: Assuming that you live in Quebec based on your avatar

You are correct! Anything that I can buy from online ?

Is this true? Any more if you have Kinect?

I just checked their site and it has been dropped to $225. Trade the Kinect separately and not part of the system. You will get more.

You can also trade a PS4 in towards an Xbox One. Or even trade an xbox one/ps4 in towards an upgraded version of the same platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom