• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaaan

Is anyone else having trouble checking out on the PS Store web browser? Errors keep popping up

What's the error?

Also check your email just to be sure the transaction didn't go through. There was that thread recently (might still be on the front page) where someone ended up making multiple transactions because the checkout threw an error and was unable to get a proper refund.

CRA5H

What's the error?

Also check your email just to be sure the transaction didn't go through. There was that thread recently (might still be on the front page) where someone ended up making multiple transactions because the checkout threw an error and was unable to get a proper refund.

Yeah I made sure it didn't go through multiple times. It is stopping me right when I checkout with this error:

We've encountered an error while processing your order. The transaction has not been completed. Please try again later.

Just got an email from Staples saying my $25 off $75 coupon can't be used with gift cards, so it looks like we have one less place to get cheap PSN cards. Lame.

khaaan

Yeah I made sure it didn't go through multiple times. It is stopping me right when I checkout with this error:

We've encountered an error while processing your order. The transaction has not been completed. Please try again later.

Hmm, I think I may have seen it before but don't really have a solution. You've probably already tried clearing your cache and re-ordering?

CRA5H

Hmm, I think I may have seen it before but don't really have a solution. You've probably already tried clearing your cache and re-ordering?
I spoke to live chat and apparently my card info was wrong when I've never had issues in the past. Now I am locked out of buying anything on PSN except with PSN Cards for the next 24 hours. Lovely.

I spoke to live chat and apparently my card info was wrong when I've never had issues in the past. Now I am locked out of buying anything on PSN except with PSN Cards for the next 24 hours. Lovely.

At a certain point it seems like credit cards go FUBAR on PSN and you can't use the same card again. I had this happen to me and I have read about other people on GAF having this issue. I just resort to using Prepaid/Paypal now.

CRA5H

At a certain point it seems like credit cards go FUBAR on PSN and you can't use the same card again. I had this happen to me and I have read about other people on GAF having this issue. I just resort to using Prepaid/Paypal now.
The weird part is that I've been using Paypal and it doesn't work. I'll double check my Paypal info is the same but I haven't changed anything since my last transaction.

Ryne

I found an unopened GameCube controller in my closet. If I were to sell it, what could I expect to ask for/get?

Depends on the colour. 20-30 bucks for the black/silver/purple ones. Unique colours can get more. Sold one of my Emerald Blue controllers for 180 back in the day. Spice orange goes for a fair bit too.

Depends on the colour. 20-30 bucks for the black/silver/purple ones. Unique colours can get more. Sold one of my Emerald Blue controllers for 180 back in the day. Spice orange goes for a fair bit too.

I think it's purple or orange.

EDIT: Just checked, it's purple.

Some people in this thread got their $10 Amazon ZTD credit switched from .com to .ca, but I was told that they could not do it for me because "Amazon.com and Amazon.ca are different website." =/

Ondore

So... there's no way to buy a Steam or eShop card online and have it delivered, right? Just PSN/Xbox?

Edit: Oh, The Source.

khaaan

GAF, you might remember a couple pages back I was asking about travel chargers for the 3DS cause I was going on a business trip.

So I'm going again. Dates and duration are still up in the air but all that is known is that it will be ~6 months and I'll be leaving mid August-ish. That means I'm going to be out of the country for all the holiday rush. Off the top of my head that's Final Fantasy XII/XV, Pokemon Sun/Moon, The Last Guardian and probably a lot more. I'm just wondering though, is it worth cancelling some of those orders because by the time I get back around February/March many games might be available cheaper. Conversely, I will be flown back for a short amount of time (probably for the holidays) and then sent back so it could more realistically be a wait of one-two months at which point I throw the games into my luggage before I go back.

Thoughts?

GAF, you might remember a couple pages back I was asking about travel chargers for the 3DS cause I was going on a business trip.

So I'm going again. Dates and duration are still up in the air but all that is known is that it will be ~6 months and I'll be leaving mid August-ish. That means I'm going to be out of the country for all the holiday rush. Off the top of my head that's Final Fantasy XII/XV, Pokemon Sun/Moon, The Last Guardian and probably a lot more. I'm just wondering though, is it worth cancelling some of those orders because by the time I get back around February/March many games might be available cheaper. Conversely, I will be flown back for a short amount of time (probably for the holidays) and then sent back so it could more realistically be a wait of one-two months at which point I throw the games into my luggage before I go back.

Thoughts?

Are you willing to wait to buy those games once you get back? They'll be cheaper, but you don't know when (and it'll be a limited-time sale most likely). You could get someone here to hold onto the games for you.

terrible

Banned
Assetto Corsa is showing up at $49.99 in the store on my PS4. It's $69.99 on Amazon and $74.99 at BB so it's another one of those pre-order price errors. I'd grab it if I didn't already have a physical copy pre-ordered for slightly cheaper after discounts/credit.

ofcourse the first time i get purolator as the shipper something goes horribly wrong

XnznOvnl.png

CazTGG

And Korra had the good sense to release at $15

$15 could get you Shovel Knight or TxK, among other titles that are the same price or lower that are infinitely better.

Unrelated note: I've been looking into forwarding services to cut back on shipping costs (one of the places I considered buying an electronic from wanted to charge $100 alone for shipping to Canada), any recommendations?

trifelife

I am trying to buy a Vita but the 2000 is sold out online at EB, Best Buy etc. and way more expensive on Amazon for whatever reason. What do I dooooo.

Windam

Scaley member
Not exactly a deal or gaming related, but if you're a fan of Persona 4, Amazon.ca seems to still have some copies of The Animation Collector's Edition in stock. It's out of print now, and the price of a new copy on Amazon.com is absurd. One seller on .ca had a new copy listed for $2300+ yesterday but the listing appears to have been removed. Grab it now if you want it!

N° 2048

Not exactly a deal or gaming related, but if you're a fan of Persona 4, Amazon.ca seems to still have some copies of The Animation Collector's Edition in stock. It's out of print now, and the price of a new copy on Amazon.com is absurd. One seller on .ca had a new copy listed for $2300+ yesterday but the listing appears to have been removed. Grab it now if you want it!

So fucking tempting, my God.... but with Persona 5 CE coming in Feb I don't think my wallet can take it :(

Windam

Scaley member
So fucking tempting, my God.... but with Persona 5 CE coming in Feb I don't think my wallet can take it :(

I didn't think it would go out of print so soon or end up becoming so pricey. Only found out yesterday and then impulse ordered. No regrets.
So far.

khaaan

Looks like the next couple days are going to decide the fate of Canada Post

Are you willing to wait to buy those games once you get back? They'll be cheaper, but you don't know when (and it'll be a limited-time sale most likely). You could get someone here to hold onto the games for you.

I don't mind waiting until I get back. I don't expect Pokemon to drop in price so I'm happy keeping that but something like FFXII probably will go below the deal price from Amazon. I guess if I can go 6 months without playing a title, I can probably go a few more until a good deal pops up when I'm back. There's also the chance of digital sales which I could take advantage of.

Is it good? I thought people hated this anime

If you enjoyed the game it's actually a pretty fun adaptation to watch. It isn't necessarily good on its own, but if you enjoyed the game you'll enjoy seeing it animated. There are a lot of great moments adapted in the anime. I think for the English dub they even got the P4 Golden voice actors back with the exception of Naoto for whatever reason. Just avoid the Golden adaptation. It's really, absolutely nothing.

Amazon resellers can list at whatever price they want. A better metric is sold listings on eBay (even though those can also be manipulated):

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BLU-RAY-Pers...Disc-Set-Collectors-Edition-NEW-/131791092001

sh1fty

Sunset Overdrive is $9.99 on Amazon.ca right now... that seems like a really good deal. I remember I jumped on it back when it hit $20.

imBask

Banned
i'm surprised they're advertising Amazon Prime Day as much as they are in Canada, considering it's complete garbage here

imBask

Banned
There are even Metro ads here in Montreal.

They should probably use that money towards actually good deals instead.

There's like an ad every 15 min on every radio station too... french side included, it's kinda nuts

how about you give us some of the advantage they have down south instead? Prime Video? Pre-order deals? anything?

explodet

Comparing what you get from Amazon Prime between the US side and the Canada side is really deflating.

Sure, the US Prime is more expensive, but they get WAY more out of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom