• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandmother picks up sets of the prismas when they go on sale, apparently they are nice but break very easily.

I've honestly been wary of opening them. They were only thirty dollars, but I see them as my good pencil crayons and, with my OCD, I avoid using 'good things' like my Elite Controller.

I see they're down to $23-$24 at Staples, for the same set of 60, so i think I'll buy an extra. I'll likely go through both eventually.

$70-100 for them on Amazon is too much for me.

Song of the Deep is the same as the American price digitally on PS4/XBONE ($14.99) but is $19.99 physically at ebgames. That works out to an $8 difference for me after tax for PS4, so I grabbed it from psn.

Endy MacK

Everyone should buy N++ if you haven't already. It's 60% off, and I believe that's the lowest it's ever been. It's a sublime, addictive platformer with an absolutely staggering amount of hand crafted levels.
The devs really deserve the love :)

soultron

Banned
Everyone should buy N++ if you haven't already. It's 60% off, and I believe that's the lowest it's ever been. It's a sublime, addictive platformer with an absolutely staggering amount of hand crafted levels.
The devs really deserve the love :)

You really should! It's fantastic. Great soundtrack too.

Support Canadian developers!

Sealtest

if these bundle doesn`t drop in price I think i`ll pass on it. Cheaper just paying the $47.98 or whatever the e3 ``savings`` is. Steelbook isnt worth $30 to me.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Some of the gaming deals were pretty good but not worth subscribing to Prime.

I'll take this as a sign most of those games will be going on sale at that price in the near future.

Xenoflare

Soooo I paid a visit to the MS store again and the peeps there told me that the August 31st date for The One S is legit, and they were genuinely confused about EB's listing of August 2nd

Goddammit

There are some clothing/luggage deals: 30% off the list price.

And 25% off warehouse deals. These are returns, most are just dented boxes and such. Can get some really good deals there.

23qwerty

Anyone have experience with ordering from Play-Asia?

NBLmvTZ.png

It's been in Canada for 8 days now, presumably came to Vancouver, and I would have expected it to only take a day or two tops to get here once it got to Vancouver, I guess customs though..?

Kyolux

NBLmvTZ.png

It's been in Canada for 8 days now, presumably came to Vancouver, and I would have expected it to only take a day or two tops to get here once it got to Vancouver, I guess customs though..?

Customs, definitely. Prepare your wallet too, possibly.

Clive

NBLmvTZ.png

Customs with packages from South East Asia can take anywhere from a day to a month from my experience, over two weeks being the standard these days. Seems it's entirely an issue with Canada and there is nothing you can do about it. I have never had to pay extra though, regardless of how long the process took.

Stage On

So once again prime day remains "wow it's nothing" status for me. The funny thing is I'm constantly tempted to get it so that I can get my books faster but it's pretty hard to justify for only an average of 1 order a month.

The only thing I ended up getting today for Prime Day was the Sphero BB-8. I've wanted a regular Sphero Ball for a while now as a high end fun way to play with the cat and this is the best version yet. Definitely a novelty purchase but I can't wait to mess around with this thing.

star-wars-7-bb-8-toy-sphero1.jpg

dream

Okay, so this is seriously off-topic, but I'm looking at a cross-country move next month, and I'm trying to figure out how to get my shit across the country. Has anyone shipped with Greyhound before?

Kyolux

The only thing it's good for is a gimmicky rum and coke with white or silver rum imo

You said this before no? I don't remember much of crystal pepsi, but I don't think I was a fan.

But I did grow to like Blue pepsi at the end of its run.. when I grabbed a few cases for cheap at work back then.

SickBoy

So once again prime day remains "wow it's nothing" status for me. The funny thing is I'm constantly tempted to get it so that I can get my books faster but it's pretty hard to justify for only an average of 1 order a month.

Wasn't a ton for me, but I did get Far Cry Primal, an Amiibo and a board game.

I've been signed up for Prime since last year and it's been good. Definitely upped my purchasing from Amazon (you be the judge whether that's good or bad). The reason I do want it is for a second place for my photo backups -- so basically I've got my photos locally, plus two cloud-based backups (Google, which is probably good enough on its own), plus Amazon, which keeps the original files...

Okay, so this is seriously off-topic, but I'm looking at a cross-country move next month, and I'm trying to figure out how to get my shit across the country. Has anyone shipped with Greyhound before?

It's been a long time since I've used it, and I never shipped a massive amount of stuff with them before... but in general when I have, I've never had issues (though the longest distance has been, I believe, one province away). So long as you're only shipping some boxes and not like a house full of stuff, it's probably not too bad.... but like I say, I haven't shipped with them in years.

23qwerty

You said this before no? I don't remember much of crystal pepsi, but I don't think I was a fan.

But I did grow to like Blue pepsi at the end of its run.. when I grabbed a few cases for cheap at work back then.

Oh oops, thought I said that to some friends, people keep bringing it up!

ohlawd

dammit Purolator has failed me. was supposed to get 7th Dragon today.

record of 2-1, let's hope this is the last. counting on these guys to deliver Monster Hunter on Friday for the fam.

NBLmvTZ.png

I ordered from Play Asia once. The tracking said it was in Canada literally 3 weeks before I actually got it. There was no sign of it having been opened by customs either, I have no idea what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom