• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

How much are you shipping? I haven't used Greyhound, but I have moved cross-country. My suggestion would be to comparison shop with at least 5 different places if you're moving stuff like furniture. You would be surprised at how cheap freight shipping can be. If you're going from Central-East to the West then it may be even cheaper. They're moving a lot more stuff out of the West then they're taking back I'd imagine.

Couple hundred pounds of stuff. No furniture, but a bunch of electronics. Unfortunately, I'm going from Alberta to Ontario. Can you recommend any freight shipping companies to look at?

Kitsune86

Neo Member
Has anyone else pre-ordered the Pokemon Go Plus bracelets from Amazon? I pre-ordered on June 29th and just got an email stating that my order had been delayed until the first week of September :(

Also - yeah I know the game hasn't launched here yet but a 2-month delay is a long time and I can't tell if this is due to the demand for the bracelets, the fact that Pokemon Go hasn't launched here, the pending lockout or a combination of all three!

early90spants

Neo Member
Has anyone else pre-ordered the Pokemon Go Plus bracelets from Amazon? I pre-ordered on June 29th and just got an email stating that my order had been delayed until the first week of September :(

Also - yeah I know the game hasn't launched here yet but a 2-month delay is a long time and I can't tell if this is due to the demand for the bracelets, the fact that Pokemon Go hasn't launched here, the pending lockout or a combination of all three!

I pre-ordered one on June 15th, and I noticed earlier today that it finally showed a delivery date which was August 8th. Now mine has also been delayed until September. Not sure what this means but you're not the only one.

Ondore

A certain shipper who I will not name has now delayed delivery of 7th Dragon until Monday, despite the fact that the game is in my city right now. Because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

frequency

Anyone experiencing huge delays with Purolator lately?
Yes.

I bought 7th Dragon and got the shipment email Sunday (?) and it's been sitting on "label printed" since Monday. So yeah, something weird's happening.
Exact same situation for me.

I assume it's caused by a huge increase in business because everyone abandoned Canada Post (at least temporarily) since they are unstable and threatening work stoppages. Online retailers can't afford to play that game.

TheExodu5

Banned
EB Games got more Pokemon Go Plus pre-orders yesterday. Girlfriend and I pre-ordered ours. Billings Bridge Ottawa has their full allocation already.

explodet

Yeah, same. I don't need yet another HDMI cord behind my TV, but just look at it!

CnUur6JWAAET3Wx.jpg

It's adorable.

BadHand

It's cute, might wanna get it as a collector's item...

But a Mini SNES/N64 would have me drooling

As someone that has mostly avoided Nintendo consoles I would buy an entire series of preloaded consoles, all the way up to the Wii.

I would also be all over a preloaded mini PS1. Even though my PS TV is basically just that.

Ryde3

Will order the MINI NES now and contemplate later... it's ultimately just a cute emulator but how could I not want this pretty little thing under my TV? haha.

soultron

Banned
Waiting for it to go up on Amazon. Going to buy 1 for me and 1 for my sister's cottage so I can play old stuff with my little nephews when we get rained out.

Reich

Buying stuff on PSN and the language is set to english.

My console is set to french.

Games on disc are Okay.

Whats the problem?

soultron

Banned
Buying stuff on PSN and the language is set to english.

My console is set to french.

Games on disc are Okay.

Whats the problem?

I'm having trouble understanding your issue. Are you saying that things you buy through PSN are defaulting to English when you play them?

Where did you get that price from?

A press release.

VANCOUVER, B.C., July 14, 2016 – If you see a Nintendo Entertainment System on store shelves this holiday shopping season, you haven’t entered a time machine. (Unless everyone around you is wearing acid-washed jeans and neon leg warmers. If that’s the case, you may have unknowingly walked through a rift in the space-time continuum.) The most likely scenario is you are setting eyes on the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, launching in stores on Nov. 11 at a suggested retail price of $79.99. That’s right: The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

zroid

Banned
Wait, this is an official thing? Wow

I don't see the point though when you already have a Wii or Wii U. Or 3DS for that matter.

I don't see the point though when you already have a Wii or Wii U. Or 3DS for that matter.

The combined list of games would be a lot more expensive. I don't like the idea of hooking up another box. I really would rather just play them on a Wii U at this point but I might get it anyway for the novelty.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Seems like a gift for the 30/40 something mom, or dad this fall that would like a little flash back to their younger days. Gamers will have most of these in multiple formats already. NES controller is the real thing I need. The system is $79.99 CAD so, eh.. I like the tiny NES, it's cute, but no.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. Sorry for my bad english. French speaker.
Cant play them in french.

Est-ce que ton compte PSN est en français? Sinon vérifie dans les options du jeu, certains jeux permettent de changer la langue "in-game". Et ça t'arrive pour quel(s) jeu(x)? C'est rare, mais certains jeux n'ont pas de traduction française.

soultron

Banned
Yes. Sorry for my bad english. French speaker.
Cant play them in french.

I think it might be because certain games on PSN aren't localized with French subtitles, text, and/or dubbed audio tracks. It's best to check what languages are supported by each title before buying, is my advice. (But checking now, it appears that the PSN website doesn't even list what languages PSN downloadable titles support!!)

Some games are released in English and that's it, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom