• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Factor

Best buy shipped my package with Crapolator.
Of course it never got delivered and I did not receive a delivery attempt notification.

It took 1.5 hours round trip to pick up the package because of all the traffic in Toronto and Vaughn.

Luigi87

Yeah, unfortunately until the CP stuff is entirely resolved, AFAIK Best Buy will only be dealing with Purolator for shipping stuff.

Sealtest

6 emails with marketing from amazon and 2 phone calls and i'm still being told i'm wrong about my e3 promotions. I'm just going to pay the $47.99 for pokemon sun and moon and just remember next year to go with best buy.

zroid

Banned
6 emails with marketing from amazon and 2 phone calls and i'm still being told i'm wrong about my e3 promotions. I'm just going to pay the $47.99 for pokemon sun and moon and just remember next year to go with best buy.

what are they telling you? and how about the live chat?

i still haven't asked to get mine adjusted yet, i'm dreading it tbh

Sealtest

I'm constantly being told yes my 20% is applied to my order then when I tell them that 20% of 49.96 is not $1.97 they tell me they will email marketing and they will look into it.

Then marketing will email me back saying the promotion is applied correctly.

One time they even emailed me saying they dont price match even though I never asked them that.

It's been just worse and worse and i'm just done with it.

So... Purolator is some grade A incompetent bullshit hey?

Also they apparently have 1.5 humans answering phones judging by the length of time I've been on hold today.

Bruh you have no idea. Purolator will straight up not knock on your door if there is no car in the driveway.

trifelife

Bruh you have no idea. Purolator will straight up not knock on your door if there is no car in the driveway.

They won't leave a delivery notification because my building doesn't have a buzzer.

Haven't responded to email in four days.

On hold for 80 minutes and then they closed.

No agent available for live chat.

How the fuck do they run a business???

Kyolux

They won't leave a delivery notification because my building doesn't have a buzzer.

Haven't responded to email in four days.

On hold for 80 minutes and then they closed.

No agent available for live chat.

How the fuck do they run a business???

And people online say Canada Post should go private........

Faenix1

I'm constantly being told yes my 20% is applied to my order then when I tell them that 20% of 49.96 is not $1.97 they tell me they will email marketing and they will look into it.

One time they even emailed me saying they dont price match even though I never asked them that.

I cant even get marketing to email me so at least you managed to get that far.

I was done after my last order, but now I'm REALLY done with amazon.

I posted a few time about this. Same thing happened to me. I got "just contact us again when your item is shipped so we'll reimburse you" but I'm not counting on it.

This thread is just one reason why I still much prefer to shop in store. Paranoia about things being damaged during delivery also doesn't help.

tiijj

This thread is just one reason why I still much prefer to shop in store. Paranoia about things being damaged during delivery also doesn't help.

That's the bad thing about online shopping. The last two items that I got through DHL was damaged, the first looks like it was used as a door stop or as a soccer ball. I couldn't even refuse it, after they ring the bell they are gone in less than 5 secs. But it is really convenient and sometimes they have stocks that are not available in store or you have to search for it in different city/town.

That's the bad thing about online shopping. The last two items that I got through DHL was damaged, the first looks like it was used as a door stop or as a soccer ball. I couldn't even refuse it, after they ring the bell they are gone in less than 5 secs. But it is really convenient and sometimes they have stocks that are not available in store or you have to search for it in different city/town.

Sorry to hear that

I have been lucky, but I'm hesitant to order something like pencil crayons on Amazon given how susceptible they can be to breakage.

I honestly spend more time colouring these days than anything else. It's one of the only things that puts my mind at ease.

Savitar

The NES wasn't the most comfortable controller to hold....but you mostly realized that after holding better designed controllers later on.

Ah so many a blister and torn skin was caused by those buttons....

you guys are crazy.

there are only two good games in that 30-pack NES shit

..............................................................................................

Someone's going to bring out the pimp hand in a moment.

chrono01

you guys are crazy.

73tPO77.gif

khaaan

Never played the first one but this doesn't seem like a game where the plot is particularly important. I've heard mixed things but I'm a fan of a lot of the franchises an $15 isn't much of a gamble. Thanks!

you guys are crazy.

HYOJShW.gif

explodet

Project X Zone 2 is $14.99 at Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/project-x-zone-2-3ds/10372021.aspx

Didn't like the first one myself but finding handheld games for cheap is getting increasingly difficult.

I'll bite at that price. I heard they fixed a bunch of stuff from the first game.

I can't get the damned in-store reservation widget to work. It just stays blank. What a POS website.
It's terrible, agreed.

Usually I have to open up the Best Buy website in a Private/Incognito window to get it to work. You don't need to log into your account to do the instore reservation.

frequency

I can't get the damned in-store reservation widget to work. It just stays blank. What a POS website.

I can't even get the add to cart/reserve button part to load the majority of the time. It's just spinning circle forever. I have to refresh like 2000 times for it to finally load correctly.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even get the add to cart/reserve button part to load the majority of the time. It's just spinning circle forever. I have to refresh like 2000 times for it to finally load correctly.

I think it happens if your city has an accent in its name. It's been like this for years, it's baffling.

ohlawd

Project X Zone 2 is $14.99 at Best Buy:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/project-x-zone-2-3ds/10372021.aspx

Didn't like the first one myself but finding handheld games for cheap is getting increasingly difficult.

ooh shit gotta go in-store

ohlawd needs to elaborate on this.

Which are these two games and why some of the most acclaimed games of all time aren't worth it?
played about 25 of those. I only say two (FF1 and Mega Mega Man 2) but it's entirely possible the other 5 are good like Double Dragon 2, Castlevania 2, Ninja Gaiden, StarTropics, and Gradius. I dislike 2D Mario and Zelda (only played those cuz I was stuck them with as a kid) so that's already 1/6th of the library that's no good and then there's a bunch of non-games like Dr Mario and Excitebike.

Kyolux

played about 25 of those. I only say two (FF1 and Mega Mega Man 2) but it's entirely possible the other 5 are good like Double Dragon 2, Castlevania 2, Ninja Gaiden, StarTropics, and Gradius. I dislike 2D Mario and Zelda (only played those cuz I was stuck them with as a kid) so that's already 1/6th of the library that's no good and then there's a bunch of non-games like Dr Mario and Excitebike.

well humm...

zroid

Banned
The best thing about the NES Classic (other than the controller) is if it's successful there's a chance we might get a SNES Classic. /drool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom