• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reich

Est-ce que ton compte PSN est en français? Sinon vérifie dans les options du jeu, certains jeux permettent de changer la langue "in-game". Et ça t'arrive pour quel(s) jeu(x)? C'est rare, mais certains jeux n'ont pas de traduction française.

Je joue présentement avec mon ami à Diablo 3. Nous l'avons acheté sur le PSN tous les deux. J'ai vérifié partout pourtant. Seulement les jeux payants sur le PSN sont en anglais.

univbee

Je joue présentement avec mon ami à Diablo 3. Nous l'avons acheté sur le PSN tous les deux. J'ai vérifié partout pourtant. Seulement les jeux payants sur le PSN sont en anglais.

Normalement les logiciels se présentent en français si ta console est réglé pour être en français. Si jamais la console n'est pas dans une langue "supportée" par le logiciel, il bascule vers sa langue par défaut, qui en temps normale est l'anglais. Ceci étant dit, je pense, mais ne peut pas confirmer tout de suite, que certains titres pourraient "basculer" vers l'anglais si votre console est en français (Canada) et non français (France), je sais que certaines fonctionnalités ne fonctionnent pas si la console est réglé en français (Canada) en tout cas, alors choisissez français (France) comme langue de la console et voyez si ça marche par la suite. Mais pour référence, j'ai énormément d'achat sur un compte PSN Canadien anglais et je n'ai jamais eu de problème pour jouer un jeu en français tant qu'une VF existe pour le jeu; en générale, les jeux d'animation japonaise de Atlus et NISA sont en anglais/japonais seulement, par exemple, mais la plupart des jeux de grosses boîtes (EA, Ubisoft, Activition etc.) offrent pas mal sans exception la possibilité de jouer en français. J'ai acheté Diablo 3 de PSN Canada anglais et je suis sûr à 95% qu'il roule en français tant que la console est en mode français (France).

Jashobeam

WWE 2K17 NXT Edition (PS4) (XBOX ONE) at ebgames for $129.99

TWEZPmy.jpg

After being burned by 2k16's submission and pin systems.. no way I'm getting a 2k wrestling game again. Really disliked it.
I didn't mind the pin system too much, but the submissions were just terrible. If I'm seriously injured and get put into any kind of lock, I know that I might as well throw in the towel because there's no way I'm getting out. Still less complicated than the UFC 2 mechanics, though.

Takao

Banned
Anyone experiencing huge delays with Purolator lately?

I ordered some stuff from Best Buy on Sunday evening. Purolator got it and put it in their sorting facility on Monday. Still nothing. I live in Toronto and the BB warehouse is in Brampton ...

Kyolux

I didn't mind the pin system too much, but the submissions were just terrible. If I'm seriously injured and get put into any kind of lock, I know that I might as well throw in the towel because there's no way I'm getting out. Still less complicated than the UFC 2 mechanics, though.

Yeah, pin definitely wasn't as bad as submission. They made the story mode where you had to reproduce specific things such a chore. You'd be following along what's required and suddenly, random submission and you'd be screwed.

Kyolux

The NES is just an emulator box? I thought it was going to somehow take NES carts or something. lol

Not at that size lol.. I think it's width is smaller than a cart.

I'm really hoping there's a good chunk of the emulation being hardware-side though. But that's probably being too optimistic. It's probably just the VC emulator.

krae_man

Though I know I should be wary,
Still I venture some place scary
Ghostly haunting I turn loose
Purolator rep, Purolator rep, Purolator rep!

Grimsen

Purolator somehow managed to misplace 4 packages. I received the notification slip at home, but my local pickup location never got them.

Chatted with their customer support, and they opened a ticket.

One of them was a case for my new phone, damnit.

Kyolux

fucking great man. no one answered the door so I gotta make the 20 min drive to Purolator

Once had to drive 45 minutes to a UPS (because they couldn't drop it at the one near my place). Also had to pay a big brokerage fee. Like around $40 for a PS3 game.

20 minutes ain't that bad. :p But yeah, still annoying. I like that CP just leaves stuff in my yard.

So, I realized that I'm never going to get around to playing Trillion: God of Destruction, and I ended up dropping Stranger of Sword City since I wasn't feeling it (Both Vita). What is the best way I have to turn these around? I was looking around on trade in deals, but I can't tell if Best Buy takes them in, and even if they do, it will probably be a rip off. There isn't much interest locally (Durham Region), which doesn't help.

So any ideas (or takers)?

Do you not have a credit enabled debit card? My TD card is all I use on amazon.
My debit card doesn't have my name on it, or an expiration date, so I'm assuming not.

I'll be getting a credit card soon, hopefully. I was going to get one the other month, but BMO wanted me to wait to get certain papers from my college (starting in Sept) before letting me apply for their student card.

Yep. Although the other package might have come too, I'm not sure since I'm away at the moment.

I still haven't received my original package. Something went down with that shipment. Likely something got smuggled into the country and everything's been seized. I'd like to thing it'll eventually show up. But I'm losing hope.

suikodan

Worked with the Canada France set.

Which option exactly do you have to choose to have it work?

I play Garden Warfare 2 and Disney Infinity 3.0 on a French-configured console but the games are in english. However, both games are in French on PC so I know the french VO are available.

Nicodemic

Hey guys! Is there any way to get a notice when the NES mini pre-order is available or you just have to follow Gaf, twitter, RFD and get lucky?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Which option exactly do you have to choose to have it work?

I play Garden Warfare 2 and Disney Infinity 3.0 on a French-configured console but the games are in english. However, both games are in French on PC so I know the french VO are available.

I think he set his console to "French (France)" instead of "French (Canada)". Quite a big oversight from the devs / QA if this works. :p

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
My debit card doesn't have my name on it, or an expiration date, so I'm assuming not.

I'll be getting a credit card soon, hopefully. I was going to get one the other month, but BMO wanted me to wait to get certain papers from my college (starting in Sept) before letting me apply for their student card.

They're dicking you around. Tell them RBC has no problem signing you up for a Student visa right now without wasting your time.

So, I realized that I'm never going to get around to playing Trillion: God of Destruction, and I ended up dropping Stranger of Sword City since I wasn't feeling it (Both Vita). What is the best way I have to turn these around? I was looking around on trade in deals, but I can't tell if Best Buy takes them in, and even if they do, it will probably be a rip off. There isn't much interest locally (Durham Region), which doesn't help.

So any ideas (or takers)?

What were you looking to get for them? I'm only mildly interested in them, but I do love adding to my vita backlog...

Sajjaja

BMO was going to introduce the BMO debit with MasterCard network but there were complications so it got delayed.

khaaan

Though I know I should be wary,
Still I venture some place scary
Ghostly haunting I turn loose
Purolator rep, Purolator rep, Purolator rep!

Maybe it works like Nanny McPhee

"When you need me, but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me, but no longer need me, then I have to go"

Edit:

And shipped the next day...what is this madness?

I'm jelly, mine's not shipped and is estimated to arrive next Friday.

chrono01

I didn't want the Pokémon GO bracelet thing, and now I kind of do. I haven't even played the game yet (waiting for that official Canadian release).

Time to start hitting F5 on all of the websites!

What were you looking to get for them? I'm only mildly interested in them, but I do love adding to my vita backlog...

Sorry, I ended up finding a trade in deal for them that let me grab 7th Dragon and have some credit left over. Actually pretty good, since I made a small profit on it overall. I'm a bit impatient :p

SickBoy

I usually use hotels.ca.

Google for coupon codes as well.

Yeah, hotels.ca is pretty decent. For "best" website, it really depends on your needs.

I book most of my stuff using hotwire.com, and I'd use Priceline more if you were able to specify number of beds while bidding.

Parcels are getting held up in Thunder Bay. Got something coming in from both Amazon (Purolator) and Staples (UPS, but they hand over parcels to Purolator as there's no UPS depot where I live). Both are stuck in T-Bay.

trifelife

So... Purolator is some grade A incompetent bullshit hey?

Also they apparently have 1.5 humans answering phones judging by the length of time I've been on hold today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom