• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Boy am I glad I took advantage of that $225 switch your style promotion. I was originally gonna wait to see Microsoft Store's trade in deals.

killroy87

I have the Xbox One S 1tb pre-ordered at EB games (took advantage of the trade-in promo in July). I'm a little worried though as it seems like every other store has games bundled with the 1tb console, except for eb games... Do you guys think it's an oversight and will be corrected soon? Or have I pre-ordered through the only store which doesn't provide bundled games?

I could be wrong, but I feel like it will be the bundle. EB is the only case I can find that even has evidence of a non-bundle version existing. I feel like their system is just wrong.

Kaydan

Banned
I could be wrong, but I feel like it will be the bundle. EB is the only case I can find that even has evidence of a non-bundle version existing. I feel like their system is just wrong.

I believe they just corrected their website! The 1tb is now showing as the Halo bundle.

Sealtest

Well shit someone in Great britain decided they liked my credit card so much they wanted to sign up for Match. com. Thankfully BMO decided to call and tell me.

Now for the fun time of calling Best Buy and getting my futureshop orders changed /sigh.

Well shit someone in Great britain decided they liked my credit card so much they wanted to sign up for Match. com. Thankfully BMO decided to call and tell me.

Now for the fun time of calling Best Buy and getting my futureshop orders changed /sigh.
I hiiiiiighly suggest when changing your cc info that you get them to convert your FS order into a BB one, I called to change mine over a few months ago, they have you place an order on BB with the same stuff, and then mark your old discount/price to refund the difference a day or two after it ships. It's honestly so much nicer having your orders in one place

Sealtest

I hiiiiiighly suggest when changing your cc info that you get them to convert your FS order into a BB one, I called to change mine over a few months ago, they have you place an order on BB with the same stuff, and then mark your old discount/price to refund the difference a day or two after it ships. It's honestly so much nicer having your orders in one place

if they have tomb raider up on best buy when my credit card comes i'll make sure to do that, Thanks.

etta

my hard graphic balls
All the consoles on the EB Games website now show the correct bundles. So looks like we're good to go!
Wohoooooooooooo!
I can give MCC to a friend now since I already got a digital copy.
so the most basic 500g model comes with the halo codes? Should I go back to EB and ask them to upgrade mine?
Yea I wonder the same thing, if they will reserve me a vanilla conole but then sell out of the Halo bundles. Or if they even receive any vanilla ones at all, they might just receive shipments of only Halo bundles since they are the same price and why wouldn't customers choose that over the vanilla.
Hmmmmmmmmm...

explodet

The first time I got a card compromised they added a whole bunch of dating site charges, sites I'd never even heard of. I hope the bastard got the clap.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is old or not, but it looks like Amazon.ca has a NES Mini Classic Edition page up, although it's not taking preorders yet.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IFJBQ1E/

Gitaroo

Wohoooooooooooo!

Yea I wonder the same thing, if they will reserve me a vanilla conole but then sell out of the Halo bundles. Or if they even receive any vanilla ones at all, they might just receive shipments of only Halo bundles since they are the same price and why wouldn't customers choose that over the vanilla.
Hmmmmmmmmm...

can someone call and ask? Im at work atm :(

killroy87

Wohoooooooooooo!

Hmmmmmmmmm...

can someone call and ask? Im at work atm :(

I'm willing to bet there are no vanilla consoles. I don't think they exist right now

chrono01

Amazon price-protects within 1 week of you receiving your item. Thought I'd mention it just in case it's been less than 1 week since you got it.
Is that from the time it ships or when it was ordered? It's been close to two weeks since I've ordered it, so I'm not sure if I'm covered. if I am, I'll definitely be sending them an email!

Oh wait, the Vita game is the sequel to the two PSP games, and the 3DS game is a remake of the first PSP game?
You got it.

It goes:

Corpse Party (PSP/PC/3DS Remake)
Book of Shadows (PSP, but also playable on Vita)
Blood Drive (Vita)

N° 2048

Is that from the time it ships or when it was ordered? It's been close to two weeks since I've ordered it, so I'm not sure if I'm covered. if I am, I'll definitely be sending them an email!

You got it.

It goes:

Corpse Party (PSP/PC/3DS Remake)
Book of Shadows (PSP, but also playable on Vita)
Blood Drive (Vita)

Corpse Party (PSP/PC/3DS Remake) is also playable on Vita. Reminds me..gotta start it soon!

Tapejara

Wow, I imported some games from Amazon.com and one of them had the shrink wrap already torn off and the game removed. Wtf.

Getting a refund, but I'm so surprised.

Tapejara

Wtf? Did the envelope/box look like it was tampered with? What game was it?

The shipping box looked perfectly fine. No damage to it or anything. And the best part: The game was Air Conflicts Vietnam UE for PS4. So now I'm sitting here wondering who opens a box of games and decides to steal a fucking Air Conflicts game.

Sealtest

So first time having my card info taken, My amazon orders will be safe until I put my new card on right? None of the orders ship until September

How is Amazon for getting preordered games to you on release day? Keep in mind I'm not a prime member but did pay for faster shipping I believe.

FrsDvl

How is Amazon for getting preordered games to you on release day? Keep in mind I'm not a prime member but did pay for faster shipping I believe.

As long as I pay for shipping I get it on or before release. Don't have prime either. The free shipping is horrible though, you'll get it a week or two later.

farisr

So just did my first cancellation out of the e3 preorders. No Man's Sky.

1) I already have enough games to play as it is, plus Deus Ex is coming out a couple of weeks after which is going to be a timesink.

2) The concept still has me on the fence, possibly not my type of game

3) It was a 79,99 preorder at 20% off (72.31 after taxes)

4) If it turns out to be really good or my type of game, I have no issues waiting till September to use the 20% off code from the Play promotion on it, not to mention digitally with that promotion it'll cost 63.99 due to no tax. Also seems like the kind of game that would be better suited to have digitally (like Driveclub, just randomly start it up for like 10-20 minutes after playing some other game)

Fularu

Banned
So just did my first cancellation out of the e3 preorders. No Man's Sky.

1) I already have enough games to play as it is, plus Deus Ex is coming out a couple of weeks after which is going to be a timesink.

2) The concept still has me on the fence, possibly not my type of game

3) It was a 79,99 preorder at 20% off (72.31 after taxes)

4) If it turns out to be really good or my type of game, I have no issues waiting till September to use the 20% off code from the Play promotion on it, not to mention digitally with that promotion it'll cost 63.99 due to no tax. Also seems like the kind of game that would be better suited to have digitally (like Driveclub, just randomly start it up for like 10-20 minutes after playing some other game)

Welcome to the club

I canceled RE7, GoW and some other games today because I know I Can wait for them to be 20$ before getting them

Sajjaja

Welcome to the club

I canceled RE7, GoW and some other games today because I know I Can wait for them to be 20$ before getting them

I'll probably be cancelling my DE preorder for PS4 since it's a Square Enix game and that shit will drop real fast, at least on PC.

SickBoy

Like farisr, I cancelled NMS a couple of weeks ago. I share the concerns about whether the game is "for me" (I think I can find fun in it, but so much that my $64 wouldn't be better going elsewhere? Not so sure).

I'm not sure when they listed it, but if it had been up after E3 2015, I would have preordered it at 30% off $70 and likely kept it. Did they have another 30% sale after they finally put it up? I can't recall. If they did, I either had nothing else to order or I took for granted that the E3 deal would be another 30% off.

EDIT: And generally I've been pretty firmly interested, like Illmatic, in the games I've preordered. This year I went a little broader based on the shrinking discount and how they have historically applied their lowest price guarantee. So there are a few other games (Recore is up next) that might not make the cut.

farisr

My next cancellation is likely going to be Attack on Titan. A prime candidate for a good pricedrop a few months down the line. Not to mention, I haven't even seen the anime yet. Keep putting it off. Plus, once again. Deus Ex a week earlier.

Recore, even if I wasn't interested (which I am), I'd keep the order due to getting the game for 22.60 thanks to an amazon error. That's actually exactly what I'm doing with Gears 4 and Sea Of Thieves. I'm not convinced that I'm going to like those 2 games, but the price I'm getting them for are so low, that it wouldn't hurt trying it out. Even trading them in near launch would result in a profit.

Ventara

Hey guys, I was browsing Ebay, and came across this. Are those scams? I mean, a PS4 controller for $21.50? Anyways, I put in an order for DoAX3V just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom