• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Hey guys, I was browsing Ebay, and came across this. Are those scams? I mean, a PS4 controller for $21.50? Anyways, I put in an order for DoAX3V just in case.
Worst case scenario is that it's stolen games and you ended up giving your money to thieves.

If it turns out to be a scam, you can get all your money back as long as you payed through paypal or a credit card via ebay. Almost zero percent chance of losing money.

Ventara

Worst case scenario is that it's stolen games and you ended up giving your money to thieves.

If it turns out to be a scam, you can get all your money back as long as you payed through paypal or a credit card via ebay. No risk of losing money at all.

Alright. If it's a scam, is getting your money back on your credit card as easy as getting it back on Paypal? I know the last time it turned out to be a scam, Ebay told me to contact Paypal and tell them it was a scam to get refunded.

farisr

Alright. If it's a scam, is getting your money back on your credit card as easy as getting it back on Paypal? I know the last time it turned out to be a scam, Ebay told me to contact Paypal and tell them it was a scam to get refunded.
Well depends on how the scam is being done (same thing applies to paypal). If it's a clear cut case of a scam, or If the seller is just not responding at all to your inquiries or requests for a refund/replacement, ebay will straight up refund you the money.

The free shipping hasn't been release day for me in a long time. If you paid for faster shipping, it should hopefully be ok.

As long as I pay for shipping I get it on or before release. Don't have prime either. The free shipping is horrible though, you'll get it a week or two later.

Thanks guys.

Probably a stupid question but I notice it says "Shipping preference Ship when entire order is ready" That's not going to cause a problem is it? I have No Man's Sky coming first and estimated delivery is release day by 8 pm.

I ask because I've never done a huge order through Amazon and have only used Future Shop or Best Buy for E3 deals.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks guys.

Probably a stupid question but I notice it says "Shipping preference Ship when entire order is ready" That's not going to cause a problem is it? I have No Man's Sky coming first and estimated delivery is release day by 8 pm.

I ask because I've never done a huge order through Amazon and have only used Future Shop or Best Buy for E3 deals.

General what that means is that they'll just group items that ship around the same time together, not the entire order, unless you get some random delay that pushes your order out like a few weeks (happened me with Grand Kingdom).

zroid

Banned
Oh wow, nice. Because of the E3 deal I just got credit for 10x RZ points on Tokyo Mirage Sessions ($39.99) and Project X Zone 2 ($14.99). Between the two it gave me a $5 certificate.

so uh, my rogers 2 year contract expires next month on my Samsung S5 phone, what happens after that? i pay the same monthly rate?

first time its happened to me because i usually upgrade but im not interested this time

killroy87

so uh, my rogers 2 year contract expires next month on my Samsung S5 phone, what happens after that? i pay the same monthly rate?

first time its happened to me because i usually upgrade but im not interested this time

You pay the same rate, yes. Now you're just able to cancel if you want.

imBask

Banned

yep, you're now paying your contract + the phone you already paid for! Might as well upgrade and get a "free" phone at that point, unless your current contract is way lower than the current prices

etta

my hard graphic balls
My Bell is now month-to-month. I feel like I should be taking advantage of this.
Ya my iPhone 6 contract is about to end, and I don't think I'll upgrade to this year's 7 since they're waiting for OLED or whatever for 2017. I don't even use anything outside of Mail, Safari, Google Maps and Twitter, performance is still good in those apps.

Lexxism

There's a good alternative like Public Mobile. Unlimited province call + unlimited international text + 6gb data for $38 a month or $114 in 90 days

If you're on a contract with the Big 3, use retentions and upgrades to get a cheaper flagship and/or a better plan. You're paying more to be with the bigger names; use that to your advantage.

Ya my iPhone 6 contract is about to end, and I don't think I'll upgrade to this year's 7 since they're waiting for OLED or whatever for 2017. I don't even use anything outside of Mail, Safari, Google Maps and Twitter, performance is still good in those apps.

Yeah, I don't see myself upgrading. I have a small scratch on my screen so I may take advantage of my Apple Care this month and get it replaced. At least I think they replace phones with refurbs when you go in for a repair.

My phone is unlocked as well I feel like I should be shopping around for a better deal on plans.

Kyolux

I've been off contract for a year with Wind.

I almost switched to Videotron earlier this spring, but when I tried to activate my Moto G 2nd gen they realized that my Moto G from staples, "surprisingly" isn't the same as their own exclusive Moto G 2nd gen and wasn't supported by their network. =_=

So far now, I'm staying with Wind. And I don't feel like I need a new phone just yet. Maybe in a year or so?

flkraven

I've been off contract for a year with Wind.

I almost switched to Videotron earlier this spring, but when I tried to activate my Moto G 2nd gen they realized that my Moto G from staples, "surprisingly" isn't the same as their own exclusive Moto G 2nd gen and wasn't supported by their network. =_=

So far now, I'm staying with Wind. And I don't feel like I need a new phone just yet. Maybe in a year or so?

Thinking about changing to wind next summer when I need to cut down my budget. Do they still have that cheap, unlimited data plan? Are you throttled? How's your coverage?

Kyolux

Thinking about changing to wind next summer when I need to cut down my budget. Do they still have that cheap, unlimited data plan? Are you throttled? How's your coverage?

I live in Gatineau (towers are in Ottawa) and coverage is fine as long as I'm not behind a double set of walls/floors. So my basement at home or too far from windows at work coverage more or less disappears.

My plan is unlimited yes. I'm not sure that's still available though.

Speed is fine for youtube/streaming and browsing. No clue about Pokemon Go as I don't play it. I don't get throttled unless I go above 5 gigs (but base speed is under 5mbps too anyway), and even when I go above 5, it's just during network congestion that you get throttled.

Not sure what's going to happen with Shaw buying Wind though.

You can, and I suggest you do, at least to start with. You may or may not like the quality of the service.

Yep, can get a bill credit for BYOP too.

FYI plans have a soft cap that varies depending on your plan.

The $40 plan is 5gb right now.

Thanks. I will probably go with the top tier plan and grab a low one for my mom. Too bad my girlfriend is stuck in the middle of her contract.

Firestorm

I'm pretty fed up with Wind's speeds honestly and am seriously considering doing the Koodo Manitoba trick. But my plan has US roaming included and I don't want to lose that :(

I have unlimited text, unlimited Canada-wide calling, 3GB data, 2 years of Spotify for 50 dollars BYOD with FIdo

I had been paying 35 for unlimited everything with Wind.....but I was also paying 10 a month for Spotify so it made sense to switch for the service increase

for anyone from quebec, is this a good deal from bell?

$50 for 25/15 internet, 400gb (price locked for 2 years)
$18 for tv (3-month promo)

want to cut on my bills. will remove tv after the 3months but still want to pay only about $40 for internet

imBask

Banned
for anyone from quebec, is this a good deal from bell?

$50 for 25/15 internet, 400gb (price locked for 2 years)
$18 for tv (3-month promo)

want to cut on my bills. will remove tv after the 3months but still want to pay only about $40 for internet

400gb can be low if you don't have cable TV, but it really depends on your usage. Otherwise it seems like a good deal

Wind has really good prices but the reception is too inconsistent.

I have a 35% employee rebate on my plan and all of your contracts are still better than mine. Quebec is fucked

I thought Quebec had superior plans? I saw a bunch of threads on RFD for $40 with 2GB on Fide/Koodo/Virgin.

imBask

Banned
Wind has really good prices but the reception is too inconsistent.

I thought Quebec had superior plans? I saw a bunch of threads on RFD for $40 with 2GB on Fide/Koodo/Virgin.

2GB usually starts at 50 and that's without a phone, otherwise it's 60-65+++

I have a $65 plan for 2gb, but I had to pay $300 for my Nexus 6 (my plan is due to renew in January)

Gaenor

Banned

2GB usually starts at 50 and that's without a phone, otherwise it's 60-65+++

I have a $65 plan for 2gb, but I had to pay $300 for my Nexus 6 (my plan is due to renew in January)

I'm from Quebec and I have a 40$ unlimited call/text - 2 GB BYOP plan with Virgin.

I think they have this offer available right now.

imBask

Banned
I'm from Quebec and I have a 40$ unlimited call/text - 2 GB BYOP plan with Virgin.

I guess I meant plans WITH a phone, I still prefer to pay my phone on my contract and upgrade every 2 years, i'm a big dork and I love having the latest top of the line phone lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
EB says I gotta go in store to switch my pre-order from the vanilla Xbox One S to the Halo bundle, and I should do it before release so they can guarantee they will have it for me at release.

Kyolux

I may actually go for that if they support my phone. (edit: they do)

Will have to get used to 2gb limit instead of 5+.. but most of the time, 2gb is about what I use up.

How's the speed/latency on their network?

Lexxism

I guess I meant plans WITH a phone, I still prefer to pay my phone on my contract and upgrade every 2 years, i'm a big dork and I love having the latest top of the line phone lol
How much do you pay anyway? 50? 60? 70? You might end up getting a better deal if you buy the phone outright and get those BYOP plans.

DJ_Lae

I'm pretty fed up with Wind's speeds honestly and am seriously considering doing the Koodo Manitoba trick. But my plan has US roaming included and I don't want to lose that :(

Wind's speeds and reliability are kind of shit here in Edmonton too, although compared to an equivalent data plan somewhere else I would be paying an awful lot more (and yeah, their US roaming is nice).

It just sucks occasionally looking at my phone and realizing that because I'm taking a shit in a mall, I'm now roaming, or I'm still on Wind's network but for some reason have the download speed of a 2400 baud modem.

etta

my hard graphic balls
What are some things that you can ask for when going in to haggle with them over renewing your contract?
Wave some of your balance? Add extra data? I'm not experienced in the matters yet.

imBask

Banned
How much do you pay anyway? 50? 60? 70? You might end up getting a better deal if you buy the phone outright and get those BYOP plans.

A year and a half ago I spent weeks calculating and comparing every single possibility in front of me, and the best plan for me was a $65 2gb plan + $300 cash for a Nexus 6 with Bell. Bell doesn't have the best price, but I get a 35% rebate since i'm on my dad's bill so that ended up being the best choice.

Plans have gone down a bit since then, so i'll go through the same process this winter

imBask

Banned
And here I am in Quebec struggling to find a plan for under 75$+tx

I know right... Those 40$ incredible plans are like a damn mythical beast that everyone has seen except for the both of us

or these people all have Palm Pre's or some other garbage phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom