• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog

I never thought about them maybe taking PayPal. I guess they do, so that's good to know.

But I was frustrated since I went out mainly to go there, so I went with Amazon for that reason.

They make it pretty clear on their website that prices in store may be different.

They make it pretty clear on their website that prices in store may be different.

I never took the time to look at the fine print. I just browsed, and don't order online a ton. I haven't ordered from Chapters in a decade, and have only bought one book there since. It was the same price as their site.

So no one in Greater Vancouver is interested in my 500GB PS4 with 1 controller and The Divison for $300. Anyone know if Best Buy plans to do a trade-in program similar to EB games? I have Best Buy store credit I would need to use to justify the upgrade to PS4 Pro.

diaspora

What's the quickest way to get glasses in this Toronto? Is lenscrafters my only same-day option or does the clearly contacts in downtown toronto do same-day?

Seems fair to me. I listed mine plus The Division for $300 and haven't received much interest.

I upped it to $260, but put Please Contact Me instead of a price. The price is at the end of the ad.

I know people will lowball me, and someone may try to take ten dollars off and offer me $250, which would be ideal.

I upped it to $260, but put Please Contact Me instead of a price. The price is at the end of the ad.

I know people will lowball me, and someone may try to take ten dollars off and offer me $250, which would be ideal.

Yeah, you should definitely put higher than your bottom line as people will insist on taking at least something off the price. But don't want to put too high, or else no one will make any offers. I'm probably going to lower mine to $275.

Madness

I don't have the patience to craigslist anymore. So many lowballers or guys who show interest and then drop off. Would rather take a loss and have an easier time just giving to a store rather than drive around.

I'm lucky in the fact that I have a buddy that's buying my ps4. Giving him the terabyte black ops 3 ps4 with guitar hero for 250$. I get some decent money back and he gets a ps4 to game online with me. Win win.

farisr

Some advice for selling. Set a fair, and firm price. Take a really nice picture of your system. There are going to be people looking for the OG models, mainly for aesthetics as it is generally thought to be the best looking version of the system so far, so a picture is a really big deal in getting their attention and can help sell your system faster. State once again at the end of ad that the price is fair and firm, serious buyers only, and that lowballers will not get a reply.

Thanks. I'll edit my ad.

I didn't take a picture, and the lighting in my room isn't good. But I did say that I dust it regularly, haven't used it a ton and have OCD meaning I took good care of it. It was never moved, etc.

I got one reply from a guy who wants to pick it up at 1pm. I likely won't be able to meet him then, but hopefully by Friday at the latest.

Also: I'm glad I decided to check my controllers I bought last month, by putting batteries in and testing them out. I was afraid to touch them, to be honest, but pushed past it today.

The Gears ones work well, but the pink shadow one doesn't turn on unless I hold the battery and push it further into the metal part. The metal part looks off too.

I already returned one to Walmart, because it had a mark on it and bugged me, so this may be my karma.

Sorry for the double post. Didn't want to jumble things up though.

Just got home from Walmart. I've been up all night and figured I'd go before going to bed to get the exchange over with. Sometimes the controller would turn on, sometimes it wouldn't. I noticed that the top prong (the metal part the top battery rests on, which shows a plus symbol) was bent out more than the one below it and was causing it. The batteries wouldn't rest right.

I told the lady I'd bought it a couple of weeks ago and just got using it, to find out that it wouldn't turn on properly. She replied, "No receipt?" but I had my receipts. Then she told me to go get one from electronics.

I did, got it brought up (the guy brought it up due to policy, but he was quite grumpy about it and told me that in a tone as if he expected me to steal it.) He gave it to her, then she told me she'd need to keep the packaging. I guess because I didn't have the original packaging, but I don't see why it's such a big deal.

I said okay, but asked if they could just open it and slice the sticker or mark on it, but she said no. Usually they just do that if you return something.

She then asked if I'd left batteries in, and I said no, so she made me take those out. Fine. Didn't want to touch it is all. It seemed like someone had pissed in her cheerios this morning.

I got to keep the tray it sits in and the controller, which would've been more than fine if it wasn't pissing rain. So I asked if I could get a couple of bags, which, again they're usually fine with. She gave me two, and I wrapped it up, also using the bag I'd brought the other one in since it had only gotten a bit wet on the outside.

"Those are five cents a piece, you know, so I'll have to charge you."

"Okay."

I told her it'd be debit, she laughed, I paid the 11 cents and then I was told to have a super day.

Dazzler

charging for bags is super common now. No Frills in BC charges, Shoppers charges now too

Could be worse, back home in Ireland it's 50c per plastic bag

MrFlooD

Free Game Giveaway!

I am giving away the following games. I will ship anywhere in Canada or can meet in the GTA.

Please PM me with your desired game(s). I will delete them from this list once claimed.

- Taken
- Taken
- Taken
- Taken

Haines

Banned
How much value gets knocked off a ps4 controller for having a small 1/8 inch knick of rubber peel off the left analog when i try to resell it.

I doubt ebgames will give me full value on trade in so going to have to go kijiji

I have a junk ps4 controller but I doubt I can swap sticks?

How much value gets knocked off a ps4 controller for having a small 1/8 inch knick of rubber peel off the left analog when i try to resell it.

I doubt ebgames will give me full value on trade in so going to have to go kijiji

I have a junk ps4 controller but I doubt I can swap sticks?

I have the exact same thing. I was thinking about trading it in with my PS4. I know I have received used controllers from EB that have been in less than stellar ship so they may actually take it.

Considering that EB games PS4 Pro-mo

Does anyone know if I pulled the HDD out of my PS4 if id be able to connect it to my PS4 pro and transfer data or would I need to do the external drive backup method?

antibolo

Banned
Considering that EB games PS4 Pro-mo

Does anyone know if I pulled the HDD out of my PS4 if id be able to connect it to my PS4 pro and transfer data or would I need to do the external drive backup method?

You can't take out a PS4's drive and put it into another one without wiping it. They're encrypted to work only on that one PS4.

I'm in the same conundrum as you. I plan on using an external backup. Still unsure if you can restore apps from a backup to another PS4 than the one that made that backup though. On the PS3 that wasn't allowed. Worst case scenario I'll just redownload everything (and lose PT, oh well) but meh.

You can't take out a PS4's drive and put it into another one without wiping it. They're encrypted to work only on that one PS4.

I'm in the same conundrum as you. I plan on using an external backup. Still unsure if you can restore apps from a backup to another PS4 than the one that made that backup though. On the PS3 that wasn't allowed. Worst case scenario I'll just redownload everything (and lose PT, oh well) but meh.

Yeah I guess ill just make sure all my saves are in Cloud and go that route. The ethernet console to console method that Sony has advertised seems like a great option but I cant be bothered to barter with EB games on taking the console home to do that and coming back in. I also doubt they would allow it.

@Wreck

Yeah I guess ill just make sure all my saves are in Cloud and go that route. The ethernet console to console method that Sony has advertised seems like a great option but I cant be bothered to barter with EB games on taking the console home to do that and coming back in. I also doubt they would allow it.

what did you provide ebgames with:

console
hdmi
controller with wire (bad thumb stick versions lol?)
power cord

i'm considering this promo

Rbk_3

Thanks. I'll edit my ad.

I didn't take a picture, and the lighting in my room isn't good. But I did say that I dust it regularly, haven't used it a ton and have OCD meaning I took good care of it. It was never moved, etc.

I got one reply from a guy who wants to pick it up at 1pm. I likely won't be able to meet him then, but hopefully by Friday at the latest.

Also: I'm glad I decided to check my controllers I bought last month, by putting batteries in and testing them out. I was afraid to touch them, to be honest, but pushed past it today.

The Gears ones work well, but the pink shadow one doesn't turn on unless I hold the battery and push it further into the metal part. The metal part looks off too.

I already returned one to Walmart, because it had a mark on it and bugged me, so this may be my karma.

Just out of curiosity, how many controllers do you return lol?

Dazzler

Thinking of upgrading to an Xbox One S

Microsoft store is offering two free games right now and $175 trade in credit for the OG Xbox One. It's less than I could get on Craigslist, but then I don't have to Craigslist

I wonder if I could immediately trade in one of the bundled games for further discount?

RS4-

what did you provide ebgames with:

console
hdmi
controller with wire (bad thumb stick versions lol?)
power cord

i'm considering this promo

Call them, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to include the HDMI cable. Just power, controller, console.

Microsoft store is offering two free games right now and $175 trade in credit for the OG Xbox One. It's less than I could get on Craigslist, but then I don't have to Craigslist

I wonder if I could immediately trade in one of the bundled games for further discount?

Depends on the barcode/sku on the games; usually bundles games have the whole 'not for resale' blah blah, some don't even include cases, some are just digital codes. Having said that, I don't know what's in the bundle and how its bundled.

Very much doubt it. Youd have to complete the transaction and then trade it in separate to apply to somethong else. They wouldn't apply it to your XBO S transaction, I don't think.

Which 2 free games are they giving? I think walmart is giving new CoD with purchase of the 500 gb battlefield bundle

Moltenix

Ya'll think we're going to see any Black Friday/BoxingDay deals or bundles for the PS4 Pro or is it too soon to expect any major discounts for it?

Lexxism

Ya'll think we're going to see any Black Friday/BoxingDay deals or bundles for the PS4 Pro or is it too soon to expect any major discounts for it?
No. I'll be surprised if they do any deals on it. It will just launch next week. US might get bundles deals.

Qwyjibo

I never thought I'd even consider buying an Xbone given that I have a PC and PS4. But here I am, tempted by some of these One S bundle offers out there. I'm really interested in getting a UHD blu-ray player and why not have it in a combo with a console? The only thing is that I struggle to think of any games that I'd actually play on it given that most Xbox exclusives are seemingly going to be on PC as well (I already own GOW4 and Killer Instinct).

Damn you Sony for not including a UHD player in the Pro. That would've been the easiest console purchase decision for me ever.

Rbk_3

Looks like we are actually getting a break on the PS4 Pro. With the exchange rate it should be priced at $550. Nice to see considering how much we get ripped off on other electronics.

Looks like we are actually getting a break on the PS4 Pro. With the exchange rate it should be priced at $550. Nice to see considering how much we get ripped off on other electronics.

Sony knows they won't sell any consoles at that higher price, not to mention this isn't even a "new" console but an upgraded one.

Moltenix

Part of me's thinking "Go Pro!" while the other half is thinking "Discounted slim bundle with multiple free games thrown in during BF/BD!". Already have XB1 and PC for multiplats so this would mostly be an exclusives box. What to do...

Part of me's thinking "Go Pro!" while the other half is thinking "Discounted slim bundle with multiple free games thrown in during BF/BD!". Already have XB1 and PC for multiplats so this would mostly be an exclusives box. What to do...

Go Pro. It's the better choice in the long run.

Qwyjibo

Do you have a 4K TV and/or money isn't an issue? I'd consider the Pro but it depends on how you view the value. As a current PS4 owner, the Pro has very little appeal to me.

1080p TV? I'd go with a Slim even though you'd still get graphic boosts with the Pro. Save your money and wait for a significant leap in console power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom