• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, here's the codes for Gears of war 1-Judgement Xbox One backwards compatible titles. Just post if you claim one, quote to reveal.

Gears of war

Gears of war 2

Gears of war 3

Gears of war Judgement

Happy gaming =D

Edit: Looks like they sold out fast o_O I might have more to post later since my wife bought the bundle too

Qwyjibo

Hey guys, here's the codes for Gears of war 1-Judgement Xbox One backwards compatible titles. Just post if you claim one, quote to reveal.
I'm not claiming any but when/how did you get your codes? I bought GOW4 digitally to play on PC and I haven't received any of those codes even though it said I was supposed to.

Reposting here but if anyone in the GVRD wants Battlefield 1 PS4 or Gears 4 for $60 (brand new), let me know.

(No I can't get a different console version of BF1, sorry).

I'm not claiming any but when/how did you get your codes? I bought GOW4 digitally to play on PC and I haven't received any of those codes even though it said I was supposed to.

I just got them today finally via the xbox PC app, my wife hasn't gotten hers yet though so who knows when/what triggers them to be honest.

some one already claimed them all

Sorry, I might have more later if my wife's copy comes in, is there one in particular you want? I can PM you the code before listing the others publicly.

Edit: Yup got the second set of codes now on her PC, so let me know if you want one and then I'll post the rest up for grabs here.

I just got them today finally via the xbox PC app, my wife hasn't gotten hers yet though so who knows when/what triggers them to be honest.

Sorry, I might have more later if my wife's copy comes in, is there one in particular you want? I can PM you the code before listing the others publicly.

Edit: Yup got the second set of codes now on her PC, so let me know if you want one and then I'll post the rest up for grabs here.

never played any so the first one would be best

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Do you have a 4K TV and/or money isn't an issue? I'd consider the Pro but it depends on how you view the value. As a current PS4 owner, the Pro has very little appeal to me.

1080p TV? I'd go with a Slim even though you'd still get graphic boosts with the Pro. Save your money and wait for a significant leap in console power.
Yeah, I mean that fact that it can't play UHD blurays was a warning sign to me that the Pro is a short term response to the Scorpio.

teeg

Sent you a PM with all 4, someone must be skimming codes again here =/ So much for the email tag trick lol

Lewl I just sent them all to them too >.< well there will be a few to go around hopefully haha

Haha. Well hopefully they have a friend who can join them in co-op.

In their newest flyer, Walmart has the One S w/ Battlefield 1 + CoD for $379.

Oh for frick sake. I'm buying an Xbox One S for the exclusives since I have a PS4. Please stop bundling third party games. I would kill for Gears 4 plus Forza Horizon 3 in a 500GB bundle. Or even Halo 5, MCC, and Forza Horizon 3.

Guys, do you know where I could get a PS4 pro vertical stand?

It never materialized in Canada for the PS4 Slim launch since that is when it was released and works for both the Slim and the Pro.

No Canadian retailer online or in store has had it stocked or anything.

It is on the Amazon USA website and can ship to Canada. It comes to about $37 USD shipped to Canada,

Oh for frick sake. I'm buying an Xbox One S for the exclusives since I have a PS4. Please stop bundling third party games. I would kill for Gears 4 plus Forza Horizon 3 in a 500GB bundle. Or even Halo 5, MCC, and Forza Horizon 3.

Well if we get the deal posted above you'd be able to get the Halo 5/MCC bundle along side Gears or Forza. Cross your fingers.

Dazzler

Before I trade it in at the Microsoft store, any Vancouver gaffers want to buy my Xbox One for $200?

It's the OG model, no Kinect, 500GB

I got an email today from BookDepository, saying that my one book had been shipped out. One of two in the order. The thing is, though, that I had emailed and cancelled the order not long after I'd made it. The next day in fact. That's why I went to Chapters -- they had those books in and the website showed similar pricing.

I emailed them today, wondering what had happened (but being very polite) and was told that instead of the whole order being cancelled just one of the two books was. That's all they said. But then I saw another email saying I'd gotten a refund for both.

I followed-up to ask if they'd caught it in time before it was sent out. I was never looking for a free book or trying to screw them over, but if they did send it I may as well cancel that book's order from Amazon. I went and bought it, along with two others on Amazon, when Chapters screwed me over.

charging for bags is super common now. No Frills in BC charges, Shoppers charges now too

Could be worse, back home in Ireland it's 50c per plastic bag

I personally have no problem with it. Buy some reusable bags and do some good for the planet.

I know it's normal. I would've brought reusable bags, but they sit in the garage and were all dusty from wood work and whatnot. I need to get a clean one and keep it in the house.

I wanted clean bags for the controller, especially if there was a chance they'd keep the packaging.

I just didn't appreciate the arrogance from them.

You guys will really get rid of the console you've first played knack on? ;-(

Knack put a dark stain on it.

Just out of curiosity, how many controllers do you return lol?

I've returned a few, but not that many.

I dealt with this lady once before and she was nicer. She was arrogant this time, though.

bryt

Where's the best place to buy monitors? I'm looking to buy one that's 24-27" with a 1 ms delay to play fighting games on.

Madness

How much theoretically could I get for my Xbox One 500gb Sunset Overdrive limited edition white console? Near mint condition. Just curious. I feel like 500gb limits me too much and that I need the 4k and UHD and HDR now. MS store says 175 coupon etc.

De_Legend

Banned
It never materialized in Canada for the PS4 Slim launch since that is when it was released and works for both the Slim and the Pro.

No Canadian retailer online or in store has had it stocked or anything.

It is on the Amazon USA website and can ship to Canada. It comes to about $37 USD shipped to Canada,

Oh ok, thanks.

I will just wait for a cheaper option down the road I guess.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Still hasn't shipped yet, and 50GB to download whenever it does decide to arrive tomorrow

tumblr_n3p7t5XpgH1r1fejho1_500.gif

Edit: Motherfuckers just sent me a shipping notification. Left the warehouse today at 5:45 PM, so there's a 3 hour delay on their notification systems.
Fucking hell, Amazon, upgrade yo' shit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Still hasn't shipped yet, and 50GB to download whenever it does decide to arrive tomorrow

https://67.media.tumblr.com/55f67c945de1558a7157c58ab10f6c5e/tumblr_n3p7t5XpgH1r1fejho1_500.gif

Edit: Motherfuckers just sent me a shipping notification. Left the warehouse today at 5:45 PM, so there's a 3 hour delay on their notification systems.
Fucking hell, Amazon, upgrade yo' shit.
Yeah, got mine today too.
I noticed that it's only 10-15 dollars cheaper than buying on PSN. I should have done that instead. lol

zroid

Banned
Sigh, I have to change my credit card info on my pre-orders for Persona 5 and Dragon quest 8

why must best buy make it so arduous to change your damn credit card

Amazon has the $50 off 1TB console (same as everyone else) including halo/Gears bundles and then free Forza Horizon 3 (or nhl/CoD)

Amazon has the $50 off 1TB console (same as everyone else) including halo/Gears bundles and then free Forza Horizon 3 (or nhl/CoD)

Right you are. Thank-you. I just need Best Buy to have that free Forza Horizon 3 with Halo 500 GB bundle since I have $70 of store credit there. I really hope so, but don't know how likely that is? Also, I wonder if the 500GB bundles will go down to $350 with those same games for Black Friday?

I hope the replacement controller I got this morning is okay. I don't want to deal with Walmart customer service again.

I wish they would've let me take the box, so it was more protected. But I doubt rain got through three plastic bags (and a fourth bigger one I put around it when I got home, to take it from the vehicle to the garage.) I couldn't find my umbrella, which seemingly disappeared.

Thankfully my two Gears and custom are fine. And I'm trying to avoid buying any more for a while, although that black one (and the blue one to be honest) are both tempting me. It's stupidity, though.

(Still dealing with that shopping addiction I developed to try to comfort myself during my Mom's illness. Not blaming her, but I've noticed patterns. I'm getting bad with Leafs jerseys now too. And I don't like it.)

I'm pretty sure that you don't need to call anymore.

That reminded me that I needed to change my credit card (hurray fraud). The answer is yes, you DO still need to call Best Buy to change your card, but only if your order contains items that have already shipped. On the two orders I had where no items had shipped yet, changing the card worked fine. I think this may have already been the case before the last site redesign, not sure.

Firestorm

Anyone ever had to send something to Nintendo for repairs? What's the turnaround time like?
Sent my 3DS out on Monday. Received it back the next Monday. I'm in Vancouver as is the repair centre though. They received it Tuesday and shipped it out Thursday.

At Amazon.ca:
Save $80 on an Xbox One S Console Bundle with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Forza Horizon 3, or NHL 17
Save $80 on an Xbox One S Console Bundle with Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Forza Horizon 3, or NHL 17. Offer only valid on products sold by Amazon.ca. Offer valid 11/3/2016 through 11/11/2016.

zroid

Banned
Apparently 20% off Pokémon plushies at TRU this week...

I really shouldn't waste money on plushies right now, but there was an Umbreon in the flyer and i want it so baaaaaad

If you order $50 worth of books on Amazon.ca right now (game guides, zelda art & artifacts, art of fire emblem, etc), you get 25% off each book. The discount is applied in the cart.

https://www.amazon.ca/books-used-books-textbooks/b/ref=topnav_storetab_b?ie=UTF8&node=916520

BMPamNJ.jpg

This is a fairly good deal.

Zelda Art and Artifacts is $32.36 right now. 25% off that is $24.27, cheaper than the $25 it was going for a few weeks ago (though more than those who stacked a 15% off coupon).

Art of Fire Emblem is $30.51, with 25% off it's $22.88.

Pokemon Sun/Moon Collector's is $29.78, with 25% off it's $22.35.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
they just restocked I believe

btw since we're on the subject, I found a coupon for Buy 2 get 1 free amiibo in my Toys R Us flyer today. check your flyers!

Wow, nice. I wasn't even interested in picking up missing ones from the restock, but at B2G1, I might jump on it. Hopefully it'll be a printable coupon online too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom