• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
Just went to EBGames to pre-order the Pro there, so I can potentially use their trade-in promo deal when the time comes (still undecided).

The employees tried real hard to convince me that the Pro will not work without a 4K TV. Yeah sure ok lol.

Curious what there pre-orders are like. The console is about to come out. Maybe there will be lots on release day.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Same here. Lemme guess - the fuckers are gonna be OOS like Gears.
Yea them fucks. But I remember Gears 4 got stock on the Sunday before the Tuesday release, so I wouldn't worry if they say this is OOS today and tomorrow. If it's OOS on Thursday as well then I'ma start flipping tables.

Rbk_3

Guys need some help.

Basically hifi city in dufferin mall is selling ks8000 66 inch for 2350 +tax. They say it's not refurbished.

I reserved it....should I go for it? Seems too good to be true.

Anyone?

Doesn't really seem that too good to be true. You can go to the Us and buy it all taxes in for $2700 Canadian.
If you have perksarwork or know someone who does, you can get it for $1200 us now and with taxes and everything its under 2k Canadian. But you have to have it shipped to the us and pick it up.

You can also order from BH. They ship to Canada.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...00fxza_ks8000_series_65_class_suhd_smart.html

Edit-I misread that. I thought it was 3350. 2350 is too good to be true.

I wouldn't pay over $2000 for something that's used, unless it was a car or something. Not a TV.

I'd look for a new model of some sort.

I don't know what brand I'll buy, likely Samsung though. I'd prefer to buy another Sharp Aquos, but I don't think they make 4K HDR -- at least not in my price range of $1200-1500.

Haines

Banned
Over 2 grand for a TV is a shit load of money.

I have to imagine next year you can get a great TV for 1500 if not a good deal comes up b4

Rbk_3

I wouldn't pay over $2000 for something that's used, unless it was a car or something. Not a TV.

I'd look for a new model of some sort.

I don't know what brand I'll buy, likely Samsung though. I'd prefer to buy another Sharp Aquos, but I don't think they make 4K HDR -- at least not in my price range of $1200-1500.

Sharp is absolute trash now.

I have to imagine next year you can get a great TV for 1500 if not a good deal comes up b4

If you want top of the line 65" LED it will be close to 4 grand with tax. 65" Oled is over 7 grand with tax.

Really? That's sad.

Why is that?

There are some beautiful looking TVs for $4000, 6000, even 8000. I just can't justify that as much as I'd like one. Let alone $2000.

My TV was $2800, ten years ago. It is a Sharp Aquos and is still going relatively strong with minor issues (some burn in during gaming, sometimes there's no audio and I have to reset it, it makes a whirring noise during cold weather while on black screens, lol).

I want to get a really good future proof TV, but I also don't want to spend a lot, so I think I'm just going to do the best I can at my price point. Truthfully, I don't even want to buy a new TV right now, but I kind of have to.

daftstar

You guys should be cool like me and buy a PS4 Pro to use on a 1080p monitor lol

That's exactly how I'll play if I decide to get the Pro. I have a 27" monitor that's currently hooked up to the PS4. The difference in input lag between TV/monitor is nuts.

Shame there are no 4K HDR capable monitors yet.

farisr

Guys need some help.

Basically hifi city in dufferin mall is selling ks8000 66 inch for 2350 +tax. They say it's not refurbished.

I reserved it....should I go for it? Seems too good to be true.

Anyone?
There was a reddit post about them, seems to be fine, the catch seems to be that there's a "no returns" policy, basically (exchanges in case of defects are fine). So you better be absolutely sure you want to be locked in with that TV model/size.

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/2oz8t9/question_re_hifi_citi_dufferin_mall_prices_seem/

I think I may wait until the holidays or Boxing Day. I won't be worried about replaying older games with patches for 4K, and there are very few games I want for PS4 this holiday anyways.

Gxgear

I think I may wait until the holidays or Boxing Day. I won't be worried about replaying older games with patches for 4K, and there are very few games I want for PS4 this holiday anyways.

I'm getting my shopping done on Black Friday this year, last year's Boxing Day was not so good and I got burned holding out for it.

Xenoflare

You guys and your 4K tvs.

I just upgraded my monitor to a 1080p one this summer with XB1S, had one that is 1600x900 for 8 years and used it with my PS3/360 on 720p for 5 years XDDD

Doesn't really seem that too good to be true. You can go to the Us and buy it all taxes in for $2700 Canadian.
If you have perksarwork or know someone who does, you can get it for $1200 us now and with taxes and everything its under 2k Canadian. But you have to have it shipped to the us and pick it up.

You can also order from BH. They ship to Canada.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...00fxza_ks8000_series_65_class_suhd_smart.html

Edit-I misread that. I thought it was 3350. 2350 is too good to be true.

Just bought it...registered on Samsung tv is pretty awesome so far.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Here we fucking go again...

cFjXzor.png

tumblr_m6telcEG0F1qcwic6.gif

It's supposed to say "preparing shippment" or "being shipped today" if they were to ship it today.

And here I am thinking about my cancelling my order...

101$ for what seems to be another crappy CoD from IW and a remaster of a 9 years old game is a bit too much.

etta

my hard graphic balls
And here I am thinking about my cancelling my order...

101$ for what seems to be another crappy CoD from IW and a remaster of a 9 years old game is a bit too much.
Honestly I'd still pay $100 if that was the price for Modern Warfare alone, it means quite a bit to me, and it's in my top games of all time. They don't make good maps like that anymore, and I dislike the futuristic bullshit. The contemporary setting and map aesthetics are still the best I've ever played.

Honestly I'd still pay $100 if that was the price for Modern Warfare alone, it means quite a bit to me, and it's in my top games of all time. They don't make good maps like that anymore, and I dislike the futuristic bullshit. The contemporary setting and map aesthetics are still the best I've ever played.

$100 is a lot but I honesty would have paid $60 CAD for MW seperately if they offered it. Not interested at all in IW since they've implemented P2W microtransactions into the multiplayer.

etta

my hard graphic balls
$100 is a lot but I honesty would have paid $60 CAD for MW seperately if they offered it. Not interested at all in IW since they've implemented P2W microtransactions into the multiplayer.
Yea I'm being put off by that, too, but at the vey least I am excited to try the campaign that had those ex-Naughty Dog guys in charge of narrative and design, and I absolutely love the Spaceland Zombies setting and theme. But yea Modern Warfare will be where I spend 99% of the multiplayer time in this package.

It's all over, enjoy CoD next week.
😫😭

Are there any deals on PS4 pro? Should I just wait for Black Friday?

I doubt there will be much in terms of deals, even on Black Friday. Best you could hope for is a free game thrown in or something, not a price reduction.

It's a premium/enthusiast SKU so they'll probably keep the price high.

btkadams

I doubt there will be much in terms of deals, even on Black Friday. Best you could hope for is a free game thrown in or something, not a price reduction.

It's a premium/enthusiast SKU so they'll probably keep the price high.

No. Maybe but don't expect any.

At best, you might get a bundle with whatever big game is currently underselling (my money would be on Titanfall or Watch Dogs 2).
Ah ok. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom